Kbam78

Who's the best middle school wrestlers in Indiana?

Posted (edited)

Thanks for keeping things going Sig.  It's great to see these kids get some recognition for the portfolio of state and national accomplishments some of these kids have put together over the last year.  I think its been a great addition to the website.

Edited by MattM

Thanks for keeping things going Sig.  It's great to see these kids get some recognition for the portfolio of state and national accomplishments some of these kids have put together over the last year.  I think its been a great addition to the website.

There was talk that a tab will be added in the ranking section for the top 25 youth wrestlers.  I think it is a good thing for kids to strive for.  Most state sites have something similar.  What do you say Y2 are we going to get this in the works?

Interested to see where this stands after USA Nationals results. In my opinion, that is the most prestigious tournament in the United States

I updated the list including USA Nationals, NUWAY Nationals, Flo Nationals, and top performances at Heartland Duals. Ohio Tournament of Champions and NHSCA are coming up that could help rankings.

This is great , keep it going , will you use ISWA Freestyle & greco state results also ?

I updated the list including USA Nationals, NUWAY Nationals, Flo Nationals, and top performances at Heartland Duals. Ohio Tournament of Champions and NHSCA are coming up that could help rankings.

What about AAU National Duals in Des Moines Iowa from April 1st weekend? You use any results from that ?

Yes. I look at everything. Nothing really jumped out at me from those results. That weekend had so many events that it kinda of water down all the events that weekend. Freestyle will get looked at if there are any head to head results against kids. Plenty of kids out there doing great things, but in the end I am looking at the whole resume which is why some of these kids haven't jumped in the rankings.

Right , appreciate the work & enjoy following , would like to see if I have the same pics & similar opinions on these kids if I'm following the same guidelines , tournaments, duals , as you .

Posted (edited)

Right , appreciate the work & enjoy following , would like to see if I have the same pics & similar opinions on these kids if I'm following the same guidelines , tournaments, duals , as you .

I have seen almost all of these kids wrestle at dual meets over the years so I am familiar with most of them.  I entered some of their accomplishments to justify why I placed them where I did.  Winning or placing high at USA Nationals, Tulsa, Super32, Preseason Nationals, or Ohio TOC are huge predictors of success.  Either of the Virginia Beach Duals and Middle school national duals will tell a lot about a kid as well.  As far as in state goes I looked at middle school state.  Some kids have won a few age based tournaments, but have never placed or won Middle school state so I can't add them to the list.  I also tried not to add any 6th or 7th graders unless they won middle school state or if I believe they can beat the 8th graders at their weight.   

Someone asked for a list so I put this together for fun.  I just really enjoy going through track and floarena and looking at results.  Feel free to inbox me if you think I am overlooking someone. 

Edited by Sig40

I have seen almost all of these kids wrestle at dual meets over the years so I am familiar with most of them.  I entered some of their accomplishments to justify why I placed them where I did.  Winning or placing high at USA Nationals, Tulsa, Super32, Preseason Nationals, or Ohio TOC are huge predictors of success.  Either of the Virginia Beach Duals and Middle school national duals will tell a lot about a kid as well.  As far as in state goes I looked at middle school state.  Some kids have won a few age based tournaments, but have never placed or won Middle school state so I can't add them to the list.  I also tried not to add any 6th or 7th graders unless they won middle school state or if I believe they can beat the 8th graders at their weight.   

Someone asked for a list so I put this together for fun.  I just really enjoy going through track and floarena and looking at results.  Feel free to inbox me if you think I am overlooking someone. 

I think this list is great.  As we all know, polls can differ from person to person but I think a person would be hard pressed to find a more accurate poll for this age group in our state.  Many of the names on the list are the ones that have been making noise in various state and out of state tournaments for several years.  I think the list is a great thing.  It gives another goal for MS kids to attempt to reach.  I think sometimes Middle School kids get lost in the shuffle.  There are now more and more events that show where kids in this age group are at compared to other states.  This list is a reflection of that.

I updated the list after looking at central regional and Virginia Beach NHSCA duals, but it was hard because the NHSCA results were not recorded.  I am going to look at schoolboy duals and freestyle and Greco nationals for the final rankings of the year. 

I will then start a new topic with for 2017/2018 season with all the 8th graders out of the rankings.  This should open 22 spots.  First big tournament of the year will be the grand river rumble duals.

I had Schoeff's on there.  He has been doing great things, which is why he is the only 6th grader on the list.  Brady was killing it this year, sucks that he got hurt because I think he could have won a freestyle national title this month. 

I am going to make one more update at the end of this month and then start a new one with all the soon to be freshman off the list. @Using