• Announcements

• Y2CJ41

Board Rules and Regulations

If you find TheIndianaMat.com Message Boards helpful or interesting, then you know how important it is to keep the boards clean and accurate. Please only post messages that are genuine questions or attempts to share knowledge.   In order to ensure that the boards are as helpful and enjoyable as possible to as many people as possible, we have established the following rules for the boards. No message may   1. Contain, promote, or link to sexually explicit or violent material. 2. Promote, depict, or link to material that promotes or depicts discrimination based on race, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or age; 3. Contain unlawful material, including but not limited to materials that may violate another's intellectual property rights, or links to a site that contains such material; 4. Contain information regarding or promoting illegal activity, or linking to a site that provides such information; Contains spam, pyramid schemes, or other unrelated advertising material; or 5. Is considered by us to be obscene, excessively violent, threatening, harassing or otherwise objectionable; or Is deemed by us to be unsuitable for any other reason. 6. If we decide that a post is unacceptable, we will remove the post. Depending on the severity of the post or the past history of the user who made the post, we may rescind that user's membership. 7. Advertising for goods and services will only be allowed by our paid sponsors. 8. Topics and discussions need to be in their proper forum. Repeated failure to follow this could result in permanent restriction on posting on this forum. Since we can't have a rule to cover everything, this is the rule to, well, cover everything. This is a public board, so act like you would if you were in a public place.These issues are left to the discretion of individual moderators, but may include any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, discussion of alleged felonies and misdemeanors, misleading, spammy, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, sexist, obscene, racist, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, that otherwise violates any law, or that encourages conduct constituting a criminal offense. Asking for or offering any of the material listed above is also out not permitted. Thank you for helping to maintain the quality of our boards.   -- The IndianaMat.com Team
Y2CJ41

IHSWCA Coaches Forum Information

Question

First off, this will be a place to discuss IHSWCA items with the IHSWCA board members. Keep the discussion civil and in a tasteful manner.

In order to be able to post on this forum  you must be in our "coaches" group. If you are not please send me a PM and I'll get you into the group as soon as possible.

14 answers to this question

I want to thank Joe for getting this up for me.  As the next IHSWCA president I want to be able to hear your opinions as much as possible.  I might not agree with them but my job is to try to do what the majority of our coaches feel is right.  So keep it civil and feel free to message me on here of through email with any and all questions and I will try my best to answer them.  

Thanks

Tyson Skinner

tysongskinner@gmail

Coach Skinner,

I posed this question on a previous thread.......you mentioned that you are the next IHSWCA President.......who are the other newly elected IHSWCA officers?

Also, it was mentioned at the state finals that this is an IHSAA proposal year for the IHSWCA.  I didn't receive the email that indicated what the IHSWCA is proposing...could you share this information on here?

As far as the elected officials Sam Riesen is the only nominee for Sect, and we have two nominee's for Vice President.  We haven't had the elections yet to determine the VP so keep an eye out for the ballots as I am looking into a way to try to do it electronically.

We had a survey with the IHSAA that they sent out gauging everyones feeling on certain items.  Did you recieve this email that the IHSAA sent out to every school?  If not let me know and I will contact them to resend it to you.

The survey is to gauge what the members think then we will look at results and try to come up with a proposal based on those answers and then in the Spring when we meet with the IHSAA we will present a proposal.

Our Two nominee's for VP are 

Mark Line - Valparaiso

Greg Ratliff - Edgewood

Are there certain issues on the survey that the IHSWCA would like to push more than others?  Does the IHSWCA have a goal for any of the items?

Curious coach and fan....

Our goal is to see what everyones feelings on these topics that have been mentioned to the IHSWCA over the past year and see what they want us to propose.

Is there any word on the compression shirts and fight shorts movement? I have lot of kids that wearing a singlet is reason 1 why they would not wrestle. I am trying to get my football kids, out so curious. Sure they would find another reason even if singlets were no longer an issue. kids!

Is there any word on the compression shirts and fight shorts movement? I have lot of kids that wearing a singlet is reason 1 why they would not wrestle. I am trying to get my football kids, out so curious. Sure they would find another reason even if singlets were no longer an issue. kids!

In not sure of the IHSWCA position on the topic, but they wouldn't be the only state association to looking into the pros and cons of the issue. http://www.flowrestling.org/article/40808-multiple-states-considering-shorts-shirt-uniform-change

A IHSWCA state association official would likely be able to give more detail on what they hace discussed on the matter.

Disclaimer: I posted this only because it relates to other state associations discussing the matter rather than to start a general discussion of the topic. A full discussion maybe better served placed in the High School Forum than here.

Edited by MattM