Hobart Regional

The Hobart Regionals will have some star power!!! What is the deepest weight? Who’s your individual Darkhorse? Which team wins the Regional title? What 1st Rd match really excites you? 

56 spots at SS, this is how many each team advances to the SS!

Portage 11

LC 11

Merriville 9

Hobart 8

Highland 4

Munster 3

Griffith 3

River Forest 2

Hammond Central 2

Calumet 2

Lake Station 1

10 minutes ago, DawgPoundRed said:

Hate to say it. Lake central bringing home the title 

Surely the Favorite, but any of the other big 3 can win it as well. 

I have 

Merrillville and LC both getting 11

portage with 10 and Hobart 6.

132 Brown Merrillville vs McGill Hobart could be a big one for team scores 

113 possible finals Bunton vs Orueta could decide the championship early 

I have LC 4 champs, Merrillville 2, portage 2 and Hobart 2 

19 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

I have 

Merrillville and LC both getting 11

portage with 10 and Hobart 6.

132 Brown Merrillville vs McGill Hobart could be a big one for team scores 

113 possible finals Bunton vs Orueta could decide the championship early 

I have LC 4 champs, Merrillville 2, portage 2 and Hobart 2 

Wow.  My spreadsheet shows almost exactly the same thing.  Only difference is I have LC with 3 champs.  I have Merrillville with 6 second placers to LC's 2.  Final score 216-200 Merrillville.  This is without taking into account any extra points for falls, majors or techs.  So should come down to bonus points.

13 minutes ago, VisionQuest87 said:

Wow.  My spreadsheet shows almost exactly the same thing.  Only difference is I have LC with 3 champs.  I have Merrillville with 6 second placers to LC's 2.  Final score 216-200 Merrillville.  This is without taking into account any extra points for falls, majors or techs.  So should come down to bonus points.

Well 216 without any bonus would mean that all 12 merrillville kids would get 1st. 18 points for first without bonus. 

1 hour ago, brickfor6 said:

Well 216 without any bonus would mean that all 12 merrillville kids would get 1st. 18 points for first without bonus. 

Yeah,  used an old formula that gave 1st 26, 2nd 22 etc.  Don't even know where I got those numbers from.  Anyway,  same results with 18 for 1st,  LC 134 Merrillville 142.

1 hour ago, VisionQuest87 said:

Get those championship you dont want wake up Sunday and see the red dogs in the ticket round

I think realistically LC can get five champs here. I think Mason and Guillermo are comfortable locks, and then Emilio, Mario, and Chase all have the potential to win titles. Emilio has to overcome an 8-6 loss to Sopkowski from back in December, but he has been wrestling much better since then and I think he takes that one this time. Mario has the most recent win over Bunton by pin and Mario has been on a solid upwards trajectory ever since last season so he think he stays solid here and beats Bunton again. Chase did suffer a pin against a very talented and in my opinion underranked Bohn last weekend, however I think when Chase is wrestling at his best he can compete and push anyone in this weight class, in evidenced by his match with Harper at the Al Smith where a few questionable stalling calls forced overtime. Chase also suffered an injury in that tournament and I think he is still battling that as well, however Chase is a super tough person and I think he can get it done. Outside of that, Stefan has been wrestling very good recently and anyone who has been on that team can tell you he always wrestles significantly better come post season, so I’m interested to see if he can finally get one over a very talented freshmen in Tatum. So, in a very non biased opinion, I think LC takes the regional title here

16 hours ago, Regionrat1 said:

Munsters Bone is a Purdy tough hombre. He most deffienately unrated. 

Locks -

Jones

Bone 

Costello

McNutt 

Dare will be some Mitty fine wraslin. 

He is bad to the bone !                                   

1 hour ago, Regionrat1 said:

He is bad to the bone !                                   

Wow, so, in the before time in the long, long ago, I wrestled for Argo high school, and coach Greg Kolke referred to me as "Bad to the".  You just brought back a lost memory my friend.

Bit of an upset here early as Merrillville’s Warren Brown crushes Hobart’s McGill. Extremely impressive performance last week against Guillermo and now a great opening win to move on to next week. He’s one to watch as these next two weeks unfold

With Crisp’s loss at 175, LC clinches the regional title. Super proud of these guys, they worked incredibly hard and earned this (just wish it could’ve been a year earlier) They will be ready for next week