Mendez vs Lemley...not

Anyone heard why Michigan FFed 141 last night? I was looking forward to that match all week. Most exciting dual I watched this year. Feldman with an huge win. 

2 minutes ago, buckpatrol said:

Anyone heard why Michigan FFed 141 last night? I was looking forward to that match all week. Most exciting dual I watched this year. Feldman with an huge win. 

Read that he failed skin check and Michigan didn't have a backup so FF,

Hate it for the fans, like me. I know ducking is “in” now but it is hard thing to debate not knowing facts of these matters.  Wrestling is a contact sport. So many minor things can blossom into something that will get worse before it gets better and if you  keep aggravating it you’ll never heal enough to be at peak.  A tight rope to walk for athletes and coaches. 

2 hours ago, Disco said:

Hate it for the fans, like me. I know ducking is “in” now but it is hard thing to debate not knowing facts of these matters.  Wrestling is a contact sport. So many minor things can blossom into something that will get worse before it gets better and if you  keep aggravating it you’ll never heal enough to be at peak.  A tight rope to walk for athletes and coaches. 

I don't think there's much to debate here, you're right. Michigan could travel with 3 subs, Lemley failed the skin check, UM didn't have a sub at his weight, and that forfeit gave OSU the dual, 20-19.

11 hours ago, maligned said:

I don't think there's much to debate here, you're right. Michigan could travel with 3 subs, Lemley failed the skin check, UM didn't have a sub at his weight, and that forfeit gave OSU the dual, 20-19.

I’m the end who really give a ***potty mouth***. About a dual anymore? We’re all about the individual NCAA’s 

1 hour ago, Disco said:

I’m the end who really give a ***potty mouth***. About a dual anymore? We’re all about the individual NCAA’s 

In the long run, people won't look back at results and care about duals.

But I was in the arena. A Big 10 rivalry in a standing-room only crowd of 4500 in an arena designed for wrestling with both teams putting out their best possible lineups is one of the most electric environments there is in wrestling anywhere in the world. It sucked seeing Davison get upset at the end, but having an entire dual in that environment come down to a last-second upset takedown for the home team was an unbelievable moment to witness.

5 minutes ago, maligned said:

In the long run, people won't look back at results and care about duals.

But I was in the arena. A Big 10 rivalry in a standing-room only crowd of 4500 in an arena designed for wrestling with both teams putting out their best possible lineups is one of the most electric environments there is in wrestling anywhere in the world. It sucked seeing Davison get upset at the end, but having an entire dual in that environment come down to a last-second upset takedown for the home team was an unbelievable moment to witness.

Are you ok? Surreal moment for ya! Nice

21 hours ago, Disco said:

Potty mouth ! Lol

I'll add to what maligned said....there was also a big recruit at that match watching? Why....if it doesn't matter then sit at home. It does to these kids....I was there too and the smiles on their faces and the talk after the match....they care. Talked to Steiber the next morning....he cares. Said it was one of the most fun matches....endings...he's been a part of.

I get what you're saying and you need to be wrestling your best at the end of the year.....but it means something.