Best Individual Year Ever?

Who is a wrestler from Indiana who may have recorded the best individual year in state history? I have three potential candidates.

Jesse Mendez — 2021

• Third Consecutive State Championship
  • UWW U20/Junior Freestyle Nationals/World Team Trials Champion
  • UWW U20/Junior Freestyle World Championships 8th Place Finisher
  • Junior Hodge Trophy Winner

Chad Red — 2014

• Second Consecutive State Championship
  • Fargo Cadet Freestyle National Champion
  • Super 32 Champion
  • Flo Who’s #1 Winner

Jason Tsirtsis — 2011

• Third Consecutive State Championship
  • Fargo Junior Freestyle National Champion
  • FloNationals Champion

6 hours ago, AnonymousLeprechaun0125 said:

I know this is the HS forum, but I have to say it. It’s hard for me to think of a better year for any indiana folks post HS. 

Mason Parris - 2023

- NCAA title at 285

- World bronze medal at 125kg 

Mason Parris - 2023

- NCAA title at 285

- Hodge Trophy winner (America's best college wrestler)

13 hours ago, maligned said:

Mason Parris - 2023

- NCAA title at 285

- Hodge Trophy winner (America's best college wrestler)

Great addition. I wonder why more folks aren’t throwing in their thoughts. Unless we covered them all lol. 

Edited by AnonymousLeprechaun0125
Typo

49 minutes ago, AnonymousLeprechaun0125 said:

Great addition. I wonder why more folks aren’t throwing in their thoughts. Unless we covered them all lol. 

Maybe because it’s a high school forum? 

1 hour ago, jonah7474 said:

Maybe because it’s a high school forum? 

Jonah, contrary to popular belief high school student athletes ALSO have wrestling seasons. @blueandgold posted individual results from Indiana natives during their HS campaign, per his question. 

I, on the other hand, did not follow that rule, however, I admitted my fault and wanted to further the conversation to elicit more responses from other folks here to talk about wrestling.

I hope I answered your question. Yes it is a high school forum. You’re doing excellent.

Do you have any thoughts on the topic at hand? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 11:23 PM, AnonymousLeprechaun0125 said:

Jonah, contrary to popular belief high school student athletes ALSO have wrestling seasons. @blueandgold posted individual results from Indiana natives during their HS campaign, per his question. 

I, on the other hand, did not follow that rule, however, I admitted my fault and wanted to further the conversation to elicit more responses from other folks here to talk about wrestling.

I hope I answered your question. Yes it is a high school forum. You’re doing excellent.

Do you have any thoughts on the topic at hand? 

Candidly, not sure where you are going with this and thanks for pointing out the obvious that high school students also have seasons.

You asked a question and I gave you an answer. You don’t like the answer… then don’t ask the question. 

I do have thoughts but will choose to share in another forum.

I may be “excellent “ but not as good as you. One day I will be as good as you but until then, I will just keep posting my thoughts to the right forum and not getting upset when folks provide answers to my questions when the answer is obvious… congratulations 🎉🍾 you win the day! 

On 2/2/2024 at 8:58 PM, jonah7474 said:

Candidly, not sure where you are going with this and thanks for pointing out the obvious that high school students also have seasons.

You asked a question and I gave you an answer. You don’t like the answer… then don’t ask the question. 

I do have thoughts but will choose to share in another forum.

I may be “excellent “ but not as good as you. One day I will be as good as you but until then, I will just keep posting my thoughts to the right forum and not getting upset when folks provide answers to my questions when the answer is obvious… congratulations 🎉🍾 you win the day! 

Your tone in the initial response was the reason for my snarky response, also the fact that I wasn’t talking to you is another reason. 

Do you often find yourself butting into conversations and activities that you’re not a part of? 

8 hours ago, AnonymousLeprechaun0125 said:

Your tone in the initial response was the reason for my snarky response, also the fact that I wasn’t talking to you is another reason. 

Do you often find yourself butting into conversations and activities that you’re not a part of? 

Mr. Obvious… you posted it on a public board where ANYONE can reply. 🤣 Again, you don’t like the answer than don’t ask the question. I will say I’m enjoying these conversations … I can’t help but think of a quote by Mark Twain… it is better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and reveal all doubt… keep talking… this is great stuff!!! 🤣😂🤣

On 2/5/2024 at 6:08 PM, ILUV2PIN said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember Jarred Brooks had a killer final year. State champ and Super 32 Champ beating Nathan Tomaselo. Not many of our Indiana guys have been able to pull that one off. 

Jarred may be underrated in the greatest ever discussions because of how loaded we were with talent at his size during that period. He proved his potential out of state but didnt stick to the wrestling path to raise his profile. But he's such a phenomenal athlete. He's the best MMA strawweight in the world and arguably the best MMA fighter ever out of Indiana (respect to Jon Fitch too).