Predictions for 4a Team State seeds

Brownsburg has been the better tournament team so far, but Crown Point is ranked #1 in the dual team rankings.  I think Ironman only had one head-to-head match-up between the three Indiana teams and I think Carnahan only had 5 match-ups between CP and Brownsburg.  I believe CP won three of those match-ups, but that still doesn't show who has a better dual team.  

If CP is ranked #1 in the team dual rankings, why wouldn't they be the #1 seed?

Edited by TrueRegionFan

9 minutes ago, TrueRegionFan said:

Brownsburg has been the better tournament team so far, but Crown Point is ranked #1 in the dual team rankings.  I think Ironman only had one head-to-head match-up between the three Indiana teams and I think Carnahan only had 5 match=ups between CP and Brownsburg.  I believe CP won three of those match-ups, but that still doesn't show who has a better dual team.  

If CP is ranked #1 in the team dual rankings, why wouldn't they be the #1 seed?

Because rankings change and Brownsburg just won the toughest 1 day tournament in the Midwest 

does the 1 seed matter? Unless they don’t want to wrestle center grove 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by ontherise219

I don't think CP, Brownsburg or Center Grove are afraid to wrestle anyone.  All three are that good and that close.  My wish would be to see the three of them have a round robin and dual each other for the title. 

I get rankings change and I assume you are saying the next rankings will show Brownsburg moving ahead of CP in the dual team rankings.

I fully understand Brownsburg won the toughest 1 day tournament in the Midwest.  They looked very impressive.  But being the best tournament team doesn't always mean you are the best dual team.

And no, at the end of the day, seeds don't matter.  Whichever team wins the final match will truly deserve the championship.  Can't wait to be there and watch!

1 hour ago, ontherise219 said:

Just guessing 

Brownsburg #1

cathedral 

Warren central #5 

Avon #4 

Center Grove #3

Perry Meridian 

Crown Point #2

mater Dei 

I'd probably put Cathedral over Mater Dei, but you could also make the argument for CP over BB, then you'd end up with basically the same matchups.  

1 hour ago, ReformedPoster said:

Wasn't Bishop McCort missing a few kids?  Don't recall seeing a 113, 132 or 285 in the brackets for McCort.

Ya but hard to compare a team like that IMO they have 3 Super 32 Champs alone plus another was on World Team. They were missing Mason Gibson but not sure the 113 and 285 are big point getters for them . 

5 hours ago, JORVILLE said:

Ya but hard to compare a team like that IMO they have 3 Super 32 Champs alone plus another was on World Team. They were missing Mason Gibson but not sure the 113 and 285 are big point getters for them . 

It would have been fun to see Gibson and Hockaday compete.  Jake looked amazing Saturday and made it look easy in each match except for the semi finals against Evan.  

Evan wrestled him well and was a great match to watch.  I'm happy for you and Evan and the success he is having at Mt Carmel.  But as a fan, I wish Evan was competing in Indiana.  Would love to see him and Jake run it back under the lights at state.  Maybe next year.....

25 minutes ago, TrueRegionFan said:

It would have been fun to see Gibson and Hockaday compete.  Jake looked amazing Saturday and made it look easy in each match except for the semi finals against Evan.  

Evan wrestled him well and was a great match to watch.  I'm happy for you and Evan and the success he is having at Mt Carmel.  But as a fan, I wish Evan was competing in Indiana.  Would love to see him and Jake run it back under the lights at state.  Maybe next year.....

Thanks and yes was expecting to see either Mason or Jake for sure. We would have liked to see him there in the finals but was grateful for the opportunity . Jake is a great wrestler and respect what he has done . The biggest thing we will miss is the Atmosphere for Championship weekend in Indiana. I know we will all be at the Ironman and Carnahan again next year so could meet again but don’t think we will be back full time in Indiana as Evan enjoys everything MC has to offer. We still are Indiana people and will continue to support and follow.