Completely off subject...

1 hour ago, Ahawkeye said:

Are there any MLB fans out there who have MLB network? How do I find out if they blackout St. Louis Cardinals in Evansville area?

I've been looking to get it for... gasp Cubs games, so was just there yesterday

https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/subscribe

Scroll to the bottom and input your zip code.

20 minutes ago, Ahap88 said:

You mean MLB.tv streaming, I think. I have it in Evansville (Dodgers fan), yes they black out Cardinals and Reds games, home and away. And yes, it pisses me off.

In Fort Wayne we are in blackout areas of

Cubs, Tigers, White Sox, and Reds

That's half the MLB! Plus only crappy cable/streaming services carry Marquee network for Cubs games.

2 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

In Fort Wayne we are in blackout areas of

Cubs, Tigers, White Sox, and Reds

That's half the MLB! Plus only crappy cable/streaming services carry Marquee network for Cubs games.

Surprised the Guardians weren't blacked out. Oh well, Go Marlins!

I don't understand the point of blackouts anyway. Their advertisers want to reach as many people as possible, so why deny access to viewers / potential customers? Seems counter productive to me.

1 hour ago, MattM said:

The soon to collapse of Bally Sports which took over the regional FoxSports territories isn’t doing anyone sports viewing any favors either.  

Very true, we were hoping that if Bally fell that MLB would stop the black outs.

1 minute ago, Ahap88 said:

I don't understand the point of blackouts anyway. Their advertisers want to reach as many people as possible, so why deny access to viewers / potential customers? Seems counter productive to me.

I would assume contractual obligations, if MLB had the Cardinals for example I would go that route instead of shelling out cable prices. I'm not going to pay for cable either way so it really doesn't matter for me but I'd bet MLB could put a heck of a dent in Bally's revenue. 

Same goes for Flo and IHSAA state finals, I won't pay for flo anymore unless they stream the finals live. I'm sure Flo would love to have them but IHSAA already has a contract with a production company. So for now that puts Flo out.

If you have t-mobile or metro you get mlb.tv for free, but I believe today is the last day to sign up for it. And in the Indy area the white Sox, cubs, reds are the only blackouts. 

Edited by Bschjoll