Evv SS prediction

1prouddad

On 2/8/2023 at 1:54 AM, SWINfan said:

Looks like Clay Martin is out of the bracket at 220.  In his place is Justus Dill of Gibson Southern, 12-20.  Dill is a sophomore who lost by fall to Mason Hines in the first round of the Regional.  I'm sure this will be a nice experience for Justus and a real bummer for Martin who is a senior.  :(

On a separate note: As I went through the brackets, I saw a likely Ticket Round Match between Evan Seng and Keith Parker of Ben Davis.  Parker has 3 losses on the season, all 3 in Sudden Victory.  So while I think most people will have Seng penciled into their Pick 'Em's, don't sleep on that Ticket Round Match!

Man, Seng is good. Sat in the chair for that one and he is extremely difficult to score on. Best to Seng as he wrestles this weekend. 

On 2/12/2023 at 3:43 PM, navy80 said:

I'll start a petition to get Brownsburg and Center Grove out of Evansville semi state! LOL. Give these other wrestlers a chance and lets balance out the power of Evansville. 

Motion to strike this petition. It is great competition to have BB and CG in the Evansville semi-state. As an MD wrestling fanatic, I enjoy the strength of lineups both schools bring to Evansville every year. 

#BringBackTheTights

On 2/12/2023 at 1:18 PM, indypharmd said:

It's a shorter drive time to Ft Wayne, East Chicago and definitely New Castle than Evansville from Purplesburg...

Unfortunately we do not allow people who refuse to eat bacon in Fort Wayne. So thus Snyder would have to fire Ayersman if they got realigned to da Wayne

2 hours ago, coachnabb said:

Man, Seng is good. Sat in the chair for that one and he is extremely difficult to score on. Best to Seng as he wrestles this weekend. 

He most definitely is.  The wrestlers who have given him problems are ones that are equally defensive and a bit more offensive.  Jordyn Raney (KY), Aden Reyes (3-1), Ashton Jackson (3-1), Bryson Terrell (TN 2-0) and Toby Billerman (5-3 SV, also note he beat Billerman 1-0 this year), Evan Dickey (1-0) in the past 2 years.  Personally, I'd like to see him open up a bit more against top guys, but I'm not his coach and don't see him wrestle daily, so maybe that's not his best shot.  He wins a lot of tight matches too and does open up at times.  Just looking forward to seeing him go again this weekend.  I'll be curious if he can get a little payback against Reyes Saturday morning.  So far he is 6-2 the last 2 years at State with Sat. morning being the bugaboo.