152: May over Chew

160: Kamper over Alfano

170: Turner over Goldsberry

182: Schaefer over Adamson

195: Purdy over Hart

220: Martin (MD) over Hines

285: Farmer over Vanover

MD sends 13 to SS.

Match of the day: 138 final with Vanover and Williams. 

Outstanding Wrestler: John Purdy

42 minutes ago, Cricket21 said:

106: Henderson over Byrd

113: Baumann over Wheeler

120: Schaefer over Ramsey

126: Seng over Traylor

132: Fortune over Horning

138: Vanover over Williams

145: Robards over Smith

152: May over Chew

160: Kamper over Alfano

170: Turner over Goldsberry

182: Schaefer over Adamson

195: Purdy over Hart

220: Martin (MD) over Hines

285: Farmer over Vanover

MD sends 13 to SS.

Match of the day: 138 final with Vanover and Williams. 

Outstanding Wrestler: John Purdy

I think you are pretty close here but I don't think Alfano advances to semi state at 160 let alone make the final. All 4 from Central at 160 to the Ford Center. At 182 I think you'll see Johnson or Schapker in the final. 

18 minutes ago, jap1971 said:

I think you are pretty close here but I don't think Alfano advances to semi state at 160 let alone make the final. All 4 from Central at 160 to the Ford Center. At 182 I think you'll see Johnson or Schapker in the final. 

Good point there... between the two, I think Schapker had a surprising weekend winning sectionals, and I don't think Johnson wrestled well last weekend on top of it. Johnson may take Alfano's spot now that I think about it. 

Also, #BringBackTheTights

46 minutes ago, Cricket21 said:

Good point there... between the two, I think Schapker had a surprising weekend winning sectionals, and I don't think Johnson wrestled well last weekend on top of it. Johnson may take Alfano's spot now that I think about it. 

Also, #BringBackTheTights

Johnson and Alfano are in different weight classes. Sitzman will beat Alfano at 160. 

Looks like Clay Martin lost in the semifinals by Injury Default.  Hope its nothing serious.  

Landon Horning lost in the semifinals to Brendan Elpers by fall?  TW shows horning was up 11-2 and lists the fall at 6:00.  Was it truly a last second comeback?  A reversal to a fall perhaps?

At first glance, don't see any other big upsets.  Is Vanover over Keegan Williams a mild upset?  Not sure on that one.

4 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Looks like Clay Martin lost in the semifinals by Injury Default.  Hope its nothing serious.  

Landon Horning lost in the semifinals to Brendan Elpers by fall?  TW shows horning was up 11-2 and lists the fall at 6:00.  Was it truly a last second comeback?  A reversal to a fall perhaps?

At first glance, don't see any other big upsets.  Is Vanover over Keegan Williams a mild upset?  Not sure on that one.

For Horning/Elpers, defensive pin. For those MD fans that remember Chris Wildeman v Richie Diggs state finals match, it was not the famous “Richie Diggs” move. Great win for Elpers. 

Wouldn’t call it much of an upset for Williams/Vanover, they have had close matches most of the time. See you next week, Mr Vanover! 

#BringBackTheTights

1 hour ago, SWINfan said:

Fall happened with :17 left. It was a very quick pin. 99% of time this wouldn't have been ruled a pin as there was no 2 second count. Very awkward moment 

6 minutes ago, IU89 said:

He was glued!  Good call

How so when there was no control nor a 2 second swipe before tapping mat? Then there was no whistle for yet a few more seconds as both wrestlers and corners had no idea what was going on. 

21 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

How so when there was no control nor a 2 second swipe before tapping mat? Then there was no whistle for yet a few more seconds as both wrestlers and corners had no idea what was going on. 

There do not have to be 2 swipes to call a fall. I will admit it was awkward as no one appeared to really know what happened. 

2 hours ago, jap1971 said:

There do not have to be 2 swipes to call a fall. I will admit it was awkward as no one appeared to really know what happened. 

Pretty sure folkstyle is 2 seconds before fall. As to where free style is touch fall. 

2 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

Pretty sure folkstyle is 2 seconds before fall. As to where free style is touch fall. 

I didn’t see this particular call and am not clear on the rule. So I’m not trying to be argumentative. Honest question - do there HAVE to be swipes?  Can a ref not count off two seconds in their head as they are trying to get down on the mat in position and call the fall if they feel two seconds were achieved? Seems if we wait for a ref to get down and start swiping some of the older, slower refs may never call a fall in certain instances when one was deserved. 

4 minutes ago, Lawdiggity said:

I didn’t see this particular call and am not clear on the rule. So I’m not trying to be argumentative. Honest question - do there HAVE to be swipes?  Can a ref not count off two seconds in their head as they are trying to get down on the mat in position and call the fall if they feel two seconds were achieved? Seems if we wait for a ref to get down and start swiping some of the older, slower refs may never call a fall in certain instances when one was deserved. 

Not necessarily Swipes per se.

No excuses here. This ref just called a few matches as he was doing freestyle. 

Just touch mat and then blow whistle. In this particular match, it went on for a few seconds before it was stopped which is what made it so confusing for wrestlers and corner. 

5 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

Not necessarily Swipes per se.

No excuses here. This ref just called a few matches as he was doing freestyle. 

Just touch mat and then blow whistle. In this particular match, it went on for a few seconds before it was stopped which is what made it so confusing for wrestlers and corner. 

It was difficult to tell what that particular ref was calling all day. His whistle was barely audible, and his hand motions when awarding points, calling falls, etc were very passive and easily missed.