Jeffrey Huyvaert

4 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

Who is this kid and where did he come from? Seeing his name and that he’s ranked fifth prompted me to check his results, and he’s already got wins over guys like Bohn, DeMarco, and Harper. Could he sneak into the finals at 138?

Multiple Time Middle School State placer. ISWA State Champ and placed every year since he was 4. Super 32 placer. I wouldn’t say he came out of nowhere 

Got Huyvaert making the finals this year, or at least 3rd if he gets a bad side of the bracket. Solomey is gonna be the favorite to win, but they will be battling many times this post season, with New Prairie and Kankakee Valley hitting at regionals. Plus, they both train at Midwest RTC frequently, so there's already a lot of familiarity between them. I expect Solomey to win their first meetup by a decent margin, and then Huyvaert will pull closer and closer as they keep wrestling. Should be fun.

4 hours ago, TysonNisley said:

Got Huyvaert making the finals this year, or at least 3rd if he gets a bad side of the bracket. Solomey is gonna be the favorite to win, but they will be battling many times this post season, with New Prairie and Kankakee Valley hitting at regionals. Plus, they both train at Midwest RTC frequently, so there's already a lot of familiarity between them. I expect Solomey to win their first meetup by a decent margin, and then Huyvaert will pull closer and closer as they keep wrestling. Should be fun.

Yes, I believe he will finish top 3, and a finals appearance wouldn't surprise me at all.  Kid is a hammer.

49 minutes ago, Misty Kendrex said:

And a great young man.

Absolutely.  I was talking to Coach Fleeger this weekend at the MSS qualifier, I told him Jeffrey was having an awesome year, and that I wasn't surprised.  I told him that the one thing I always noticed about Jeffrey when we were at MWRTC was his positive attitude, he always seemed to be in a good mood.  He always practiced 100%, was a great partner, and always put the work in.  I'm excited to watch him through high school.