Scholastic duals

Titanium14

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as they don't qualify for blue or gold teams. Have at it!

The Scholastic Duals are now a sanctioned USA Wrestling Event, it doesn't state that a team has to be entered from a state associaion. There is a reccomendation that teams hold a qualifier outside of the scholastic season. Which means the state tourney in no way serves as a qualifier for any single team.

It is about the kids, not the association. If the kids have a chance to wrestle in a national event for a fraction of the cost, then why would our Coaches try to blackball them from the event. Considering the event is hosted by the IHSWCA, they should put their efforts into hosting the event, not running a team. There are many others that can handle doing so for the kids, and still represent the State.

The Scholastic Duals are now a sanctioned USA Wrestling Event, it doesn't state that a team has to be entered from a state associaion. There is a reccomendation that teams hold a qualifier outside of the scholastic season. Which means the state tourney in no way serves as a qualifier for any single team.

It is about the kids, not the association. If the kids have a chance to wrestle in a national event for a fraction of the cost, then why would our Coaches try to blackball them from the event. Considering the event is hosted by the IHSWCA, they should put their efforts into hosting the event, not running a team. There are many others that can handle doing so for the kids, and still represent the State.

If they are hosting the event shouldn't the have the option to put out the best team available??

If they are hosting the event shouldn't the have the option to put out the best team available??

Is it an ego thing? If the kids are wrestling, then the kids are wrestling. Why should it matter what team they are on? In the end they are representing the IHSAA, the IHSWCA, and the whole state of Indiana. It shouldn't be a fight, it should be about what is best for the kids. If they want to wrestle for Indiana Gold, then let them wrestle for them. If they want to wrestle for IndianaMat Gorillas, then let them wrestle for them. If they want to wrestle for Fabio's Royal Rumblers, then let them wrestle for them. I'm not being anti-IHSWCA about this situation, I just find blackballing teams and creating a big issue is very Bobby "Cox"esque.

First off littlevito you are a terrible PR guy I was gonna announce my team after WWE Smackdown this friday (check local listings)...

If the association gets pick of the litter and that's the only team they can compete on otherwise surely they are getting to wrestle for free correct?

First off littlevito you are a terrible PR guy I was gonna announce my team after WWE Smackdown this friday (check local listings)...

If the association gets pick of the litter and that's the only team they can compete on otherwise surely they are getting to wrestle for free correct?

I doubt it will be completely free, but I've heard the association has taken steps to make the price much more competitive this year.  I didn't get to see what that price was, though.

Again hypothetically....Say CJ Red, Blake Rypel and Tommy Forte, decide "Coach Wiesjahn...you are a super awesome. We only want to wrestle on your team". because that's where we had srs. You would tell those kids sorry cant do it even if they wont wrestle for the IHSWCA team regardless.

Where can one find the by laws of this tournament

Why is there even an argument about spreading out our most talented wrestlers among 6 or more different teams instead of putting our top kids all on one team with the best chance of winning it all?

The Evansville Memorial coach has previously posted that he doesn't take the top wrestlers away for his team, but wants to provide the next tier guys an opportunity to compete, as well.  That is the best approach for everyone involved and our state's performance.

Put individual egos aside and demonstrate some state pride!

Why is there even an argument about spreading out our most talented wrestlers among 6 or more different teams instead of putting our top kids all on one team with the best chance of winning it all?

The Evansville Memorial coach has previously posted that he doesn't take the top wrestlers away for his team, but wants to provide the next tier guys an opportunity to compete, as well.  That is the best approach for everyone involved and our state's performance.

Why are kids FORCED to be on one team? What if kids had fun and loved the gear from another team and want to do the same this year?

I didn't realize that the IHSWCA has exclusive rights to making decisions for kids. That must be in the by-laws too.

Ego must be involved if you are suggesting parents or kids in some cases pay 2.5x as much for the same experience

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.