Corsaro got screwed!

rey mysterio

Okay anyone who watched this match knows who the better wrestler was no offense to hie stand or Yorktown but corsaro was the better wrestler it was way to see. He initiated everything. Yorktown stalled so bad! I can't believe the ref didn't even call it once! Corsaro has got second twice this was his year! He was the best wrestler in his weight! He deserved to win and should have so to the ref in no disrespect at all way to kill a kids dream .

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay anyone who watched this match knows who the better wrestler was no offense to hie stand or Yorktown but corsaro was the better wrestler it was way to see. He initiated everything. Yorktown stalled so bad! I can't believe the ref didn't even call it once! Corsaro has got second twice this was his year! He was the best wrestler in his weight! He deserved to win and should have so to the ref in no disrespect at all way to kill a kids dream .

:'(

Did you watch the match?  They did call it once.  It was not called in OT because top man's objective is not to turn the bottom man, but to hold him down.  Hiestand was in on Corsaro a few times, so he hardly "initiated everything".  This is why we have the finals.  If not, just award all the #1 ranked kids titles.  Hughes would have a title if that were the case.

I don't think Corsaro wrestled his style at all...he wrestled timid in the finals...he didn't wrestle to win and unfortunately he didn't.

Welcome to college wrestling

#1 - they called it the same both ways, I know it sucks, but at lease the officials were consistent  #2 - Your a 2x runner-up and you should not let it go to OT and take the officials out of it

Welcome to college wrestling

No in college wrestling stalling would have been called several times. The rules need to be changed, if a wrestler drops to an ankle or knee automatic stalling call. Wrestlers should not be able to hang on to win a match. Plus it is boring, stalling like that does not help grow the sport.

No in college wrestling stalling would have been called several times. The rules need to be changed, if a wrestler drops to an ankle or knee automatic stalling call. Wrestlers should not be able to hang on to win a match. Plus it is boring, stalling like that does not help grow the sport.

Clearly, you've watched zero college wrestling

I honestly don't believe he was stalling. He was trying to advance on his move, but was fighting to maintain control as Cosaro was kicking away. There was also a couple of times where he did advance beyond the knee. IMO, refs made a good no-call.

#1 - they called it the same both ways, I know it sucks, but at lease the officials were consistent  #2 - Your a 2x runner-up and you should not let it go to OT and take the officials out of it

So you do agree the officials determined the match.  So are you saying simply because Cosarro was the more accomplished wrestler it was on him to do more to win the match? Hiestand did nothing to earn the win. I'm blaming the rules though, not him, his strategy was obviously smart.  The rules shouldn't reward passivity.

So you do agree the officials determined the match.  So are you saying simply because Cosarro was the more accomplished wrestler it was on him to do more to win the match? Hiestand did nothing to earn the win. I'm blaming the rules though, not him, his strategy was obviously smart.  The rules shouldn't reward passivity.

To say that Heistand did nothing to win the match is absolute bull$hit. Swallow your pride and congratulate the Champ as HE EARNED IT

He did nothing to earn the win? Well I'm pretty sure he road C-O-R-S-A-R-O out. It was a fair win.

To say that Heistand did nothing to win the match is absolute ***fancy potty mouth***. Swallow your pride and congratulate the Champ as HE EARNED IT

Again cudos to Heistand for wrestling a smart defensive match, on that level he earned it, and yes I don't think Corsaro wrestled his type of match, (probably due to Heistand's great defensive wrestling).  But, I prefer a more offensive minded style and I prefer the rules to not reward defensive wrestling.  IMO it was by far the most boring match.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.