Class-by-class semi-state and state statistics

maligned

Some valid points.

I think some of the powerhouse states have significantly higher numbers (Illinois, Ohio, PA, TX, NJ) and deeper talent than Indiana so it makes sense for them to class. As for KY, I have NO idea why they class.

Could a classed system work? Who knows? It would not "kill" Indiana wrestling by any means but it would drastically water it down for at least 5-7 years if not indefinitely (until these small schools have the success snowball factor that you and Y2 believe it would).

Of course there is no guarantee that the small schools will have any more success than they do now.

NJ is not a classed wrestling state. It doesn't seem to have hurt wrestling in that state.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how can you say that the small schools arent having success?  small schools have success all the time    you wanting them to prove equal as a TEAM to the large schools is unrealistic and thus the team version of wrestling is classed    individually if you are a one man team you can win a state title over the kid from the largest school in the country    dont need a team for that

Oh by success you mean qualifying for sectional for small schools. I see where you are coming from.

if EMD is a small school how do they have success????????????????????

they work hard    they have great coaching      im not saying other small schools dont work hard but its pretty obvious if EMD can do it from a small school then so can other small schools. 

i suppose that kids that play golf for small schools should also get a mulligan every 9 holes????

Why is Mater Dei the only 1A team that can have success? Why aren't others doing it if it is so easy.

if EMD is a small school how do they have success????????????????????

they work hard    they have great coaching      im not saying other small schools dont work hard but its pretty obvious if EMD can do it from a small school then so can other small schools. 

i suppose that kids that play golf for small schools should also get a mulligan every 9 holes????

Golf, 5 starts, only 4 scores count.  Wrestling 14 starters, all scores count.  Yeah, Identical logic.

Why is Mater Dei the only 1A team that can have success? Why aren't others doing it if it is so easy.

What do you define as success? EMD was dominant... Not many schools have ever been as dominant as what they were...

Golf, 5 starts, only 4 scores count.  Wrestling 14 starters, all scores count.  Yeah, Identical logic.

not in individual tournament  in golf one guy starts  and in wrestling one guy starts  if they are good they move on  if not they go home

i never once relied on my team mates to help me win sectionals yet some how the class system would make me better because of my team size and its placement in that system??

I guess all this talk about being watered down and the one true champ is cunfusing to me. I grew up and wrestled in a small town in ohio with there classed system. I never  heard anyone complaining about a kid being a state champ but he was from a small school division and he lost at some tournament to the big school champ so hes not really a champ. I guess i just want whats best for the kids. If a classed system is whats best then i'm all for it. If single class is whats best im for that. But the school of thought of its always been this way and it should stay that i dont buy. We all had our shot at the title and we either made it or fell short but we cant go back. I just want the future of indiana wrestling to grow.

classed states dont have state champions  they are division champions    kinda like winning regionals i would imagine

not in individual tournament  in golf one guy starts  and in wrestling one guy starts  if they are good they move on  if not they go home

i never once relied on my team mates to help me win sectionals yet some how the class system would make me better because of my team size and its placement in that system??

Madtowns- we had a good run on this post for a while.

But it is obvious these guys want a handout for their sons/wrestlers and hide behind " it's best for the sport" argument.

Indiana has good wrestling but it is not a super deep national power that needs watered down state tourney.

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

One big difference between a large school and a small is the number of die hard dedicated wrestlers. In a large school u have many practice partners who are always trying to take your starting spot. In small schools if u are working your but off but dont have anyone to push u in the room its hard to achieve those higher levels of success. Its not impossible just harder.

But it is obvious these guys want a handout for their sons/wrestlers and hide behind " it's best for the sport" argument.

Indiana has good wrestling but it is not a super deep national power that needs watered down state tourney.

there you go    when Y2 starts showing me that we have as many ncaa champions as penn ohio and iowa  then maybe we can afford to water it down  until then they are trying to create state champs out of sectional qualifiers

One big difference between a large school and a small is the number of die hard dedicated wrestlers. In a large school u have many practice partners who are always trying to take your starting spot. In small schools if u are working your but off but dont have anyone to push u in the room its hard to achieve those higher levels of success. Its not impossible just harder.

I got this one Y2    so you are saying small schools dont work hard    well we have figured it out now

I have no kids that wrestle.  I do however, believe that small schools by a huge majority can't compete, with larger schools.  Some can for a year, maybe two.  Not just at wrestling, but most all sports.  Small schools have all coaches trying to get kids to their sport, why, because there isn't a huge number of potential athletes to begin with.  Here, going to the established RTC, camps, clinics, wrestling academies, is a couple hours drive, each way.  Individually, yeah, at times a small school will have an elite wrestler, as most all schools do, with larger schools having the elite more often.

I have no kids that wrestle.  I do however, believe that small schools by a huge majority can't compete, with larger schools.  Some can for a year, maybe two.  Not just at wrestling, but most all sports.  Small schools have all coaches trying to get kids to their sport, why, because there isn't a huge number of potential athletes to begin with.  Here, going to the established RTC, camps, clinics, wrestling academies, is a couple hours drive, each way.  Individually, yeah, at times a small school will have an elite wrestler, as most all schools do, with larger schools having the elite more often.

that is called statistics 

that is called statistics

Duh, what do you think people make decisions based off of?  Guesses?  The statistics would dictate the class sports makes sense, for all sports, team and or individual.

Duh, what do you think people make decisions based off of?  Guesses?  The statistics would dictate the class sports makes sense, for all sports, team and or individual.

duh the statistics show that the amount of state qualifiers per capita for small schools is pretty even with the amount of state qualifiers per capita of the large schools

duh the statistics show that the amount of state qualifiers per capita for small schools is pretty even with the amount of state qualifiers per capita of the large schools

Prove it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.