4 seed upsets

got_cradled?

Good to see Coach Balash is leaving the Hobart program in good hands.

Funny you say this.. I saw former Hobart coach John Cantu ripping Cosgrove and Danny Bell a new one at the semi-state this weekend after Hobart's performance..  The words, "too busy on the internet, and not enough energy spent preparing the wrestlers" were used.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the advice. i appeciate it. This isnt my first kid in state though thanks. I ran advanced practices for a long time now, and have had many come through my wrestling room. This is my first year at Hobart though. You will here my loud voice every year from now on. if you want i can personal message you so you can proof read em first since your so involved with what my wrestlers and i do. He likes the thought of a target on his back. even though you think it is a bad idea, he loves it. Now people like you who have awful opinions know who he is when none of you did before this year. Welcome to the coach bell hour. I will bring more kids into the lime light next year as well. If you havent noticed, i put a buzz around brendan that wasnt there before. Now he has started getting noticed by people who never would have even cared. He is just fine. You on the other hand like to think that you know the situation, but just give bad advice instead. See you at State this weekend, and next year, and the year after that, and the year after that. You get the picture. I will be around for a while producing state qualifiers and hopefully champions. I just hope you are still around to talk smack about 14 year olds. See you then genius.

Coach,

If you want his name known all he has to do is win matches. You obviously need to be a basketball coach where your kids names are printed on the back so everyone "knows" them by reading them (much like that's how I learned your kids name, I read it). I understand that you want your kids to be known but when you are a fantastic wrestler and or coach everyone knows who you are when you walk in the gym. I couldn't pick your kid out of a lineup made of 3 people.  I don't really consider what you are doing to be worthy of the sport.  If you want to talk yourself up and make a mockery of Danny Bell then by all means do it...but leave the kids out of it.  They deserve better out of their mentor.

Coach,

If you want his name known all he has to do is win matches. You obviously need to be a basketball coach where your kids names are printed on the back so everyone "knows" them by reading them (much like that's how I learned your kids name, I read it). I understand that you want your kids to be known but when you are a fantastic wrestler and or coach everyone knows who you are when you walk in the gym. I couldn't pick your kid out of a lineup made of 3 people.  I don't really consider what you are doing to be worthy of the sport.  If you want to talk yourself up and make a mockery of Danny Bell then by all means do it...but leave the kids out of it.  They deserve better out of their mentor.

you must be an awesome person in life then. Maybe I should let you mentor me. Thanks for the advice but like I said before. You don't like it then don't read it. It ain't facebook, and you don't have to comment because there is an option too :) it's hard to take advice from someone who is afraid to put their name next to a comment instead of hiding behind a tag name. Worthy of the sport you say? This is a gladiator sport! Gladiators like attention. My wrestlers like that I talk about them. It fires them up to hear most of you talk about them the way you do. You my friend are just chalkboard material. Period. We will enjoy our time in Indy this weekend, and on Monday we will be starting next seasons wrestling practices. Trust me when I say this. I will be even louder come next year. I can't wait for some more of everyone's chalkboard material. Have a great day everyone.

Funny you say this.. I saw former Hobart coach John Cantu ripping Cosgrove and Danny Bell a new one at the semi-state this weekend after Hobart's performance..  The words, "too busy on the internet, and not enough energy spent preparing the wrestlers" were used.

lol those words weren't used. Lol they were much more colorful than that. If you were so close to hear you would have heard what was said. But I guess that's just you talking about something you don't know about again. Lol you post a lot of trash talk directed this way. It would be nice to put a name next to your words, but I guess that's how you keep it safe. Just ramble on with out anyone knowing who the idiot was that posted. Safely done my friend. Safely done. Lol lol what a joke lol

Just to play devils advocate

Brenden Black 9 Tylor Trina 8 Zach Fattore 8 all Hobart kids wrestle for RWA under Alex Tsirtsis Andre Hernadez Jose Escobedo Bill Hawkins and Vince Sessa. I would give RWA some credit 14 of the 20 lake county SQ attend. It isn't just one guy building champs.

Just to play devils advocate

Brenden Black 9 Tylor Trina 8 Zach Fattore 8 all Hobart kids wrestle for RWA under Alex Tsirtsis Andre Hernadez Jose Escobedo Bill Hawkins and Vince Sessa. I would give RWA some credit 14 of the 20 lake county SQ attend. It isn't just one guy building champs.

this is why I think our kids will do well. Coaches like the RWA coaches are a big reason why some of the areas best wrestlers go there. Those guys produce champions! These coaches make our life as a high school coach much easier. The kids can walk into the room and compete for the starting position. I, for one, am very grateful at all the hard work these coaches put in. They also like that there is a buzz around these kids as well. Hawk and I have talked about this situation. I think it was at the portage youth tourney when we had this talk. Keep up the hard work RWA!!!!