2A IHSWCA State Duals qualifying scores (unofficial thru STATE)

maligned

What about the fact that not all semi-states are created equal.  Would it not be easier for a small school team to do well in the FW semi-state compared to Merrillville?  Do you think we will have a small school bias in Northeast Indiana?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is entered as NONE, and no points are scored.

Thanks!  There is at least one team in the top 12, on my scores, that has not been accounted for not entering a wrestler for the tournament.  I think I have the process figured out, however my numbers are a little off the "unofficial" ones at this time. 

I am excited for the "official" scores, once all the wrestling has been completed. 

I hope I didn't miss this anywhere, but has next years IHSWCA team state date been announced?

Good luck to all the individuals and teams trying to get the highly coveted IHSWCA team state invite!

Thanks!  There is at least one team in the top 12, on my scores, that has not been accounted for not entering a wrestler for the tournament.  I think I have the process figured out, however my numbers are a little off the "unofficial" ones at this time. 

I am excited for the "official" scores, once all the wrestling has been completed. 

I hope I didn't miss this anywhere, but has next years IHSWCA team state date been announced?

Good luck to all the individuals and teams trying to get the highly coveted IHSWCA team state invite!

If you feel you've found a discrepancy, we always want the best info.  Please pm me the details if you think you've found a mistake.  We always check and cross-check and then double-check.  But if we start with the wrong data from the start (i.e. a correction at sectional that didn't show up on trackwrestling or final brackets), it doesn't matter if we process it "correctly"--we'll still have it wrong.  Please definitely let me know.

If you feel you've found a discrepancy, we always want the best info.  Please pm me the details if you think you've found a mistake.  We always check and cross-check and then double-check.  But if we start with the wrong data from the start (i.e. a correction at sectional that didn't show up on trackwrestling or final brackets), it doesn't matter if we process it "correctly"--we'll still have it wrong.  Please definitely let me know.

Message sent!

What about the fact that not all semi-states are created equal.  Would it not be easier for a small school team to do well in the FW semi-state compared to Merrillville?  Do you think we will have a small school bias in Northeast Indiana?

I think that if we are to produce something that the IHSAA would later adopt we should just go with and equal amount of teams, per class, per semi state.  It would give exposure to all three school sizes (classes) in all four areas and resemble something that the IHSAA would put together.

I think that if we are to produce something that the IHSAA would later adopt we should just go with and equal amount of teams, per class, per semi state.  It would give exposure to all three school sizes (classes) in all four areas and resemble something that the IHSAA would put together.

The problem is that there isn't even distribution of teams per class per semi-state.  I don't remember the numbers exactly, but the semi-state totals for teams of a particular class vary between something like 18 and 33.  With the expansion to 12 teams, the proposal of having 2 auto qualifiers per semi-state and only 4 wildcards (instead of 1 auto-bid per ss and then 8 wildcards as will be done) was voted down.  The thought by the members of the committee was that they want the best possible teams to be in the event--no matter the place they come from.

The problem is that there isn't even distribution of teams per class per semi-state.  I don't remember the numbers exactly, but the semi-state totals for teams of a particular class vary between something like 18 and 33.  With the expansion to 12 teams, the proposal of having 2 auto qualifiers per semi-state and only 4 wildcards (instead of 1 auto-bid per ss and then 8 wildcards as will be done) was voted down.  The thought by the members of the committee was that they want the best possible teams to be in the event--no matter the place they come from.

I understand that's how the committee voted but the committee also has stated that they want this tournament to evolve into something the IHSAA would adopt, and it doesn't resemble any system the IHSAA currently operates.

I guess the other question I have is, who is on this committee that voted the proposal down? Is this an IHSWCA committee?  Did the committee consult with the rest of the IHSWCA constituency? If so when and how? 

Also, when did the IHSWCA decide to go to 12 teams?  Who did the IHSWCA consult in going to 12 teams?

I'm not saying that going to 12 teams is a bad thing, I'm just wondering when and how these decisions are being made.

1. The IHSWCA hosts the Team State Duals for the good of the Indiana wrestling community.  At no

time have we said that we are running the team state duals in hopes that the IHSAA will

take it over.  The IHSAA had their chance to do something with this event, and they chose

not to.

2. The decision to grow the event by 12 teams was made by the officers and the tournament

planning committee with the following factors in mind:

-  with 1300 fans in attendance this year, we felt like it was time to grow the event a little

bit as it seems people are in support of it.

-  we have only had 1 team decline their invitation to the event during the first 2 years of

the event's existence.  Teams do seem to want to participate in this competitive event.

-  by increasing the field of teams by an additional 4 teams per class, we can hopefully

capture (invite) more competitive teams thereby improving the event and offering more

teams from across the state a positive experience

1. The IHSWCA hosts the Team State Duals for the good of the Indiana wrestling community.  At no

time have we said that we are running the team state duals in hopes that the IHSAA will

take it over.  The IHSAA had their chance to do something with this event, and they chose

not to.

During the google hang out, the vice President of the IHSWCA mentioned that the State Duals is something the IHSWCA would like the IHSAA to adopt.  I guess that is a misstatement? 

The reason I asked about the event growing to 12 teams, is that usually this was the type of decision that the IHSWCA has polled coaches about at the Sectional seed meeting.  I thought maybe there had been an email poll that I had missed out on that asked the rest of the IHSWCA what their thoughts were on the issue.

-  by increasing the field of teams by an additional 4 teams per class, we can hopefully

capture (invite) more competitive teams thereby improving the event and offering more

I think this is a great way (inviting more teams) to eliminate the margin of error of the current system.

not to.

We've got to figure this question out. The former President of the IHSWCA says we aren't attempting to make this viable to IHSAA, yet members of the committe and others involved have said the exact opposite. Which is it?

I did not see (or hear) the Google hangout where the IHSWCA Vice-President commented on the objective of the Classed Team State Duals and its future.  I can only speak from my perspective which is that I:

1) have been the planning committee chairman for this event for the past 3 years

2) have been the vice-president, president and past president of the IHSWCA during the formation and implementation of this event

3) dealt face to face with the IHSAA when we started this project

The IHSAA categorizes wrestling as an "individual" sport, so they will not class any part of our post season tournament.  There is nothing that leads me to believe that they would ever want to "take over" our Classed Team State Duals event (even if we wanted them to).  It is simply an event that the IHSWCA will continue to improve upon and offer to the high school wrestling community in Indiana.

The reason I asked about the event growing to 12 teams, is that usually this was the type of decision that the IHSWCA has polled coaches about at the Sectional seed meeting.  I thought maybe there had been an email poll that I had missed out on that asked the rest of the IHSWCA what their thoughts were on the issue.

The question I quoted was never answered, I'd be curious about what the process is on this.  Or if the committee makes the decisions without any input from other members.

not to.

2. The decision to grow the event by 12 teams was made by the officers and the tournament

planning committee with the following factors in mind:

-  with 1300 fans in attendance this year, we felt like it was time to grow the event a little

bit as it seems people are in support of it.

-  we have only had 1 team decline their invitation to the event during the first 2 years of

the event's existence.  Teams do seem to want to participate in this competitive event.

Why are the ihswca members not informed about these changes that the committee makes before they are official? Do the members have any say for changes in the tournament?

Didn't merrillville and crown point decline invites?

I'd say it is a 90% chance that the two teams that get voted in are Madison and North Montgomery. The system seems built on favoring teams with board members and such.

Wow really...dont worry that the kids beat two teams ahead of them...won a regional championship and got 6th in the semi state.  But instead you have to take that away by saying something like that.  Way to keep it Classy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.