14 in the finals

mathewsz7

Sending 10 or more on to Regionals isn't the same thing as having ALL 14 in the Finals.  I agree, the teams who sent all to regionals are very very good teams.  But, having all 14 in the finals is a likely weak overall sectional.  Take the team out that sent all forward, and how many of the individuals left will make it too state, semi-state?

The teams are good yes, overall weak, very much so.  It is what it is.

I say PM will have 10-12 make it to semi state and 6 to state

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say PM will have 10-12 make it to semi state and 6 to state

You read it wrong, or are an IDIOT.  Take out PM from that sectional and how many would then make it to semi-state and state.

You read it wrong, or are an IDIOT.  Take out PM from that sectional and how many would then make it to semi-state and state.

You can put then in any regional out there and I still think they would have atleast 10 going to semi state!!! Is that better smart guy, by the way regionals comes after sectionals not semi state or state!

They had 14 in finals of a very weak sectional, overall.  Regionals was a given.  I forgot who you were, now I understand the idiocy of thoughts.  Good day.

And you are one of the haters mathewz was talking about, who obviously hinds behind your screen name. You forgot who I was lol, I never new you or care to. But your post really didn't make any sense from the start. So on to the next they meaning PM can't help who they wrestle they just come to do work, so you have a great day.

Having 14 finals is impressive almost any way you shake it. Regardless of talent level, the more teams in the sectional the harder it's going to be to pull off that number of finalists. It's definitely the mark of a great team to have no holes. 

Merrillville had nine champs and a runner-up, which is probably toward the top at least.

If there's a snow day tomorrow maybe we can look up the top 10 teams with the most sectional champs.

14 finalists is impressive, I don't care what sectional you are in.  Like someone stated earlier, it shows you have no "holes" in your lineup.  Things will begin to get a little tougher for them and all of the top teams out there now.  The best teams are almost always going to send 14 to regionals and have a ton of champs.  Some will have more champs than others because of the level of competition.  How many make it to semi-state and state will be a better measure of the overall strength and depth of a team.   

And you are one of the haters mathewz was talking about, who obviously hinds behind your screen name. You forgot who I was lol, I never new you or care to. But your post really didn't make any sense from the start. So on to the next they meaning PM can't help who they wrestle they just come to do work, so you have a great day.

LMAO, Yeah, I hate PM.  Yorktown got all 14 in finals in there sectional, so I will go ahead and hate them as well.  I believe there sectional is weak also, there just isn't much depth after them either.  If saying, after PM an Yorktown in there own sectionals, that the rest is weak, is the same as me hating, then it's a done deal, I'm a hater.

14 finalists is impressive, I don't care what sectional you are in.  Like someone stated earlier, it shows you have no "holes" in your lineup.  Things will begin to get a little tougher for them and all of the top teams out there now.  The best teams are almost always going to send 14 to regionals and have a ton of champs.  Some will have more champs than others because of the level of competition.  How many make it to semi-state and state will be a better measure of the overall strength and depth of a team. 

most teams in Perry's sectional couldn't even fill a line up??? Getting 14 in the finals is expected when there is barely any competition, imagine them at the zionsville sectional or new pal sectional they would have less than 10 in the finals. Perry isn't the same team from last year...

My issue was it took the 3rd post of this topic to get too... Well the only reason they had 14 in the finals

is because they are in a weak sectional!!

How about some props for building a team who can get 14 guys into the Sectional finals?

Just seems we all have it tougher than the other guy does in this world today??

My issue was it took the 3rd post of this topic to get too... Well the only reason they had 14 in the finals

is because they are in a weak sectional!!

How about some props for building a team who can get 14 guys into the Sectional finals?

Just seems we all have it tougher than the other guy does in this world today??

Much agreed  :) the guy posting about weak sectionals probably didn't even make it out of sectionals. Much respect to all that is moving along to wrestle next weekend

My point wasn't to discredit the wrestlers of PM, just the weak sectional. We all know that PM is a powerhouse,heck they were nationally ranked as a team. And I wasn't saying it's their fault for being there( in that sectional) either. They go into that sectional every year with the expectations of putting all through and in most cases have the #1 seed, again due to it being weak. I congratulate them for putting all 14 through Again this year, but I'm not impressed. I'll check back at the regional post when the competition is stiffer and see if all 14 go through, then I'll say Wow.

Much agreed  :) the guy posting about weak sectionals probably didn't even make it out of sectionals. Much respect to all that is moving along to wrestle next weekend

all I'm saying is picture them in a "more challenging" sectional like zionsville or new pal. There would be a huge difference in results because there is better competition. You can't overlook how incredibly weak that sectional is.

all I'm saying is picture them in a "more challenging" sectional like zionsville or new pal. There would be a huge difference in results because there is better competition. You can't overlook how incredibly weak that sectional is.

New Pal did not host a sectional but they will be at PMs regional, and there is probably only one kid from new pal that will win regionals and we all know who that is.

I bet if franklin community or Penn were in Perry's sectional they wouldn't have had 14 in the finals

Your probably right but I just find it a little disrespectful to question any teams talent that is proven over and over, know matter what team know matter what sec. to have all the wrestlers in the finals is a big accomplishment and if all make it to semi state I think this will be the first for PM so great job guys.

I bet if franklin community or Penn were in Perry's sectional they wouldn't have had 14 in the finals

Penn and Franklin are both better dual teams than Perry . So why would you think those two would not get 14 in the final of Perry's patsy sectional ? Heck , Penn got 12 in the final of tougher sectional .

Penn and Franklin are both better dual teams than Perry . So why would you think those two would not get 14 in the final of Perry's patsy sectional ? Heck , Penn got 12 in the final of tougher sectional .

i would also say that if you take out Penn and insert Perry in the Mishawaka sectional that Perry would still have 14 in the finals.

Who wants Perry in their sectional ? I would say no one..

perry isn't unstoppable or really good at every weight, they have a lot of talent but they have some holes. They obviously aren't the best team or team to be most worried about since they did lose 2 duals. Stop acting like perry is unbeatable and everyone that goes there is automatically a great wrestler or a champ.... everyone on here is all over how great perry is and constantly over looks other power houses even after perry gets beat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.