Is "The Region" Losing Ground to the Rest of the State?

headlock83

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering how Carmel could be so dominant in girls  swimming.

I found out that they recruit from all over the state from what they see

in AAU swimming.  Crown Point has a couple of girls that were approached

by Carmel and thankfully they didn't accept their offer.

i wonder what kinda package day wear offered

Sportsfangms:  Crown Point didn't pay for families to relocate and for

parents to get higher paying jobs.  In my opinion (which

normally doesn't mean much) "You get more bang for the buck

in CP than the communities they moved from.

One of my relatives became a National High School cross

country coach while at Carmel, but I believe that was before

the statewide recruiting began.

Sportsfangms:  Crown Point didn't pay for families to relocate and for

parents to get higher paying jobs.  In my opinion (which

normally doesn't mean much) "You get more bang for the buck

in CP than the communities they moved from.

One of my relatives became a National High School cross

country coach while at Carmel, but I believe that was before

the statewide recruiting began.

i think the point is people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.  relocation expenses and higher paying job cause my kid can swim? If thats the case i guess i should have taught my kids to swim. Sorry but im calling BS on that one.

Vito:  If you lived in Carmel and your kids went out for swimming

they had better be close to Olympic class or they wouldn't

make the team, cause the move-ins would keep them off.

You have any proof that CP recruited any wrestlers?  And if

they did, which I highly doubt, they didn't continue it for 25

years.

Vito:  If you lived in Carmel and your kids went out for swimming

they had better be close to Olympic class or they wouldn't

make the team, cause the move-ins would keep them off.

You have any proof that CP recruited any wrestlers?  And if

they did, which I highly doubt, they didn't continue it for 25

years.

You're in absolute denial if you honestly believe that CP didn't recruit all of those wrestlers... I'm not saying Carmel doesn't recruit swimmers... they probably do... but CP most definitely recruited those wrestlers... it's borderline idiotic to say they didn't

You have any proof that CP recruited.  I'll bet you one thing. Coach Vlink

had nothing to do with any recruiting.  I didn't know they had any computers

in the nuthouse.

it's not proof, it's simple common sense dude. you think all of these stud wrestlers just randomly decided to move and coincidentally all ended up at CP around the same time? recruiting is everywhere... that's just reality. to accuse carmel of recruiting and turn around and defend CP does not make you look smart. you're off your rocker

It is really fantastic to see everything gelling together at Carmel.  The team has worked extremely hard and intelligently under the leadership of a great coach, assistant coaches, and volunteer coaches.  The school has great facilities and an excellent athletic staff and academic administration including Principal Williams, a former wrestling coach.  Seems like Carmel wrestling has come a long way for people to be alluding to recruiting.  The swim club at Carmel is one of the finest in the country, and I have personally witnessed the amazing number of kids of all ages who participate and have fun in this club - I think that along with outstanding people and traditions has led to the success of the program.  I'd be quite surprised if Carmel had any need to "recruit" for the swimming program, but I don't know much about it.  However, in another area, I feel more qualified to make a few comments.  Carmel every year wins the state Orchestra competition, and in my opinion the competitions are not even close.  This is achieved with great middle school programs, dedicated families, a fantastic director and supporting staff, a huge amount of practice in school, after school, and at home, and so forth.  A program that solid from all angles simply doesn't need to recruit.

Well if CP recruited they didn't do a very good job of it.  They only

won 1 state title and they wouldn't have won that if Mishawaka's

112lber hadn't been dismissed from the team.  They would have

beat Cathederal and would have beaten CP cause CP didn't match

up with them at all.  You must not have any common sense if you

think that Carmel's coaching staff and feeder program is that much

better than other areas that they don't recruit from all over the state.

Their score at the state meets in swimming usually doubles the runner-ups

score.  And they have been doing that for 25 years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.