Reminder: IHSWCA Pre-Season Open 10-27-2013

Fabio Jr.

If you are not making the journey to North Carolina, come get some matches before the season starts to knock off some of the rust!

IHSWCA Pre-Season Open

When: October 27th, 2013 Doors Open at 7:30am, Wrestling starts at 9:00am

Where: Brownsburg High School 1000 S. Odell Street, Brownsburg, IN 46112

Open to High School Wrestlers (Including 8th Graders)

Must have a a valid 2013-2014 USA Wrestling Card. Out-of-state wrestlers welcome!

Weigh-ins: October 27th, 2013 8-8:45am

More information at ihswcapreseasonopen.com

Trackwrestling.com link

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your USA Card will be good throughout the off-season.  I have basically told my guys they are just purchasing it earlier than they normally do.  This is a pre-season tournament before the IHSAA Sanctioned Season so the USA Card gives us the same protection it does to anyone hosting a tournament in the off-season/spring. 

Thanks!

Darrick Snyder

• 2 weeks later...

Cards will not be available at the event. You can get one online at http://www.iswa.com/register/. It is a very easy process.

FYI to everyone, from what I understand the USA Wrestling Cards are being handled completely online now.  As such you will likely not have an opportunity to purchase them through your local club or at an event like in the past.  That is unless possibly some type of computer kiosk is set up.

Is headgear not required?? I thought that NFHS rules and regulations were in place at all Folkstyle events...not FILA.

The ISWA requires Headgear to be worn by all wrestlers competing in folkstyle competition at all local and state sanctioned events. Staying in line with the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS). However, we have made allowances, for event administators hosting "Regional" and "National" type events, such as this; giving them the latitude to make exceptions/alter/modify the requirements for their events, so long as they adhere to the minimum USA Wrestling established "Rules & Guidelines" including modifications. I.E., ...

...Page 77 - USA Wrestling Rule Book & Guide to Wrestling 2013 Edition

For folkstyle competition, the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) match scoring wrestling rules will be enforced, with USAW modifications to the kids' illegal hold rules. USA Wrestling rules governing ages, weights, and match time will take precedence where applicable. The previously mentioned modifications are as follows:

- Headgear is REQUIRED for wrestlers Schoolboy and younger

- Mouth guards are not required for wrestlers (even wrestlers with braces)

- Rest time between matches is a minimum of 15 minutes

- A match can be started when a wrestler does not have a coach

- The three-quarter nelson with leg hook IS legal in USAW Folkstyle Events

- The double arm bar with sit out is illegal for Schoolboy/girl age division wrestlers and younger

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.