Fort Wayne semi state rankings

boomer

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not totally true.....although you use some data in the rankings, it is still a guessing game and you will predict to some degree.....without head to head competition between every kid you have to "predict" which one is better than the other when you're doing rankings....... and when you predict you are using some data as your basis.......it's all somewhat of an educated guess regardless of if you want to call them predictions or rankings.......but it sounds like the date is set for the show down in the ranking/predicting war.......november 4th.......

Predictions and rankings are two separate entities they use some of the same data, but there are also big differences between the two. When doing rankings there is a justification for putting certain wrestlers in certain spots. Rankings are not always a prediction of what will happen when two wrestlers meet up.  Predictions allow for the picking of upsets and are done some times with the heart and not the head.

For instance all year long at 220lbs Nolan Wilson was ranked #1, but in my predictions I put Fletcher Miller as winning semi-state. There is no justification for having anyone ahead of Wilson all year long, but yet when it came time to PREDICT the semi-state I went with Miller.

Predictions and rankings are two separate entities they use some of the same data, but there are also big differences between the two. When doing rankings there is a justification for putting certain wrestlers in certain spots. Rankings are not always a prediction of what will happen when two wrestlers meet up.  Predictions allow for the picking of upsets and are done some times with the heart and not the head.

For instance all year long at 220lbs Nolan Wilson was ranked #1, but in my predictions I put Fletcher Miller as winning semi-state. There is no justification for having anyone ahead of Wilson all year long, but yet when it came time to PREDICT the semi-state I went with Miller.

i see your point for sure........so how about giving us your "predictions"?......and then we'll all be happy to wait for your ranking come november.......

My predictions are as follows

Someone will win semi-state that has not won semi-state before

Cousin of a former semi-state champion will win

Two wrestlers from the same conference will qualify for state

Another first time semi-state champ

All qualifiers will be first time state qualifiers

Wrestler from the NHC will win

All four regional champions will advance

Wrestlers will only be represented from two regionals

Finals match will end in a pin

Former state qualifier will finish 3rd

Former state qualifier will place 2nd

Omar gets the nod

A former Fargo All-American will win

A ginger will win semi-sate

More predictions:

I will be looking Dapper as usual

Of the six eligible returning semi-state qualifiers at least ONE will NOT make it to semi-state

The hospitality food will run out by the time I get back there

Most of the ugly singlets will come out of the Peru regional

Sam Reisen will have the best hair

At least three wrestlers will be booed

Yorktown wrestlers will have three different singlets during the finals.

Some crazy dad from Elkhart Memorial will complain about the draw during the week of semi-state

My predictions are as follows

Someone will win semi-state that has not won semi-state before

Cousin of a former semi-state champion will win

Two wrestlers from the same conference will qualify for state

Another first time semi-state champ

All qualifiers will be first time state qualifiers

Wrestler from the NHC will win

All four regional champions will advance

Wrestlers will only be represented from two regionals

Finals match will end in a pin

Former state qualifier will finish 3rd

Former state qualifier will place 2nd

Omar gets the nod

A former Fargo All-American will win

A ginger will win semi-sate

106. Lil Gowski may not be Laughlin win Lil Hulk from Kendalville sees my favorite Spartan(I'm a Spartan The Chet stand up!)

113. Pepple near lock but don't over look the McCormicks,lil Hills or Millers.

120. Knapp but never sleep Or be Coy on a Minuteman or a Bruin breaktrough.

126. Big Gowski but we all know it's too Early to tell about a Ginger from Maconaquah.

132. It will be difficult to get over the Humphrey.

138. It's not Laufty to predict a kid from Dekalb makes Krums out of the comp: My favorite Viking will not be an easy Ship to sail.

145. Loe and Behold is looking huge so Carroll may face Carroll or a wrestler whose heritage is the Love and the Joy of wrestling.

152. Loe vs. James Franco...I mean Kyle Jolas also the winner of the best mat Swag Award.

160. Heistand vs. Johnson will be electric as will a certain Charger.

170. Finals match will end in a pin...unless my surprise comes to fruition.

182. Ross will get Wild with another Charger and a Kat from the Southside of FW.

195. Omar battles 2  Chargers and a Warrior but remains"Great".

220. It's Miller time.

285. The Ginger Giant from Jay County

More predictions:

Of the six eligible returning semi-state qualifiers at least ONE will NOT make it to semi-state

Some crazy dad from Elkhart Memorial will complain about the draw during the week of semi-state

Thats not really a prediction, more of a fact.

More predictions:

Just a FYI.  They did away with hospitality food at semi-state.  Probably because the year before last almost got violent when all coaches that had any heavies wrestling got no food.

No that was good we could have done this 2 weeks ago but heck we wouldnt have gotten all the drama that came with it. So I guess it was a good thing now if i can just figure out all the riddles i may figure out the PREDICTIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg just list the names for the predictions geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

More predictions:

the crazy dad from memorial has me wondering what you're talking about........

otherwise all of your predictions will definitely get this going again.........

• 3 weeks later...

You should have picked Wilson, he was a very strong presence at Semi-State last year.

195. Omar battles 2  Chargers and a Warrior but remains"Great".  I can deal with your prediction...but he will be battling 3.  Davis has a win over Omar and Salmon.  He also has a loss against Salmon.  Yes, I know Davis was losing the match when he wrestled Omar, but most people only remember the Wins and Losses...not how they happened. ( If Davis wrestles 195 that is.)

That email is for the state rankings.  The guy who does the state rankings relies HEAVILY on accurate semistate rankings. The four guys who do semi state rankings have proven track records of providing accurate rankings regardless of their school affiliations.

Awwww Shucks.... Thanks...

I have a good buddy from Madison County, Joe Stewart. Also I have 2 Seymour connections. Evansville is a tuffy. With Mater Dei down last year I was thrown off. Me heard from a little birdie they will be back in a major way this year. I'll have to tackle that one after NC. @ Caleb..I just love Lone figured you knew him is all.

It's not Madison County, It's Madison, located in Jefferson County.

195. Omar battles 2  Chargers and a Warrior but remains"Great".  I can deal with your prediction...but he will be battling 3.  Davis has a win over Omar and Salmon.  He also has a loss against Salmon.  Yes, I know Davis was losing the match when he wrestled Omar, but most people only remember the Wins and Losses...not how they happened. ( If Davis wrestles 195 that is.)

predictions aside Indianamat and any other poll will rank Omar higher higher preseason when they actually wrestle we can revisit this quote.

Bo Davis will be ahead of Kanez Omar in EVERY IndianaMat preseason rankings. I will bet the farm on it :)

I'm an urban kinda guy so you can keep the farm. I'd prefer to either gloat or graciously concede you were correct. The rankings you post are not going to determine the final victor. The best basketball player will. Right Kanez?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.