New castle SS rankings

I am shocked to see that PM doesn't have a 113 that can crack the top 8 at SS. I'm with Bigmack, where is Johnson? Just my thoughts on looking these over: 1) 106/113 are not looking super tough and is anyone's to take. Wow, 120 looks to be pretty stacked top 4 all w state experience w some good ones waiting in the wings. I believe Cash will be at 132 which will open up 126 a little. Wilson of course and then Mantel and from there it's really not clear on the other two golden tickets! 132 will be a battle (possibly epic) between Cash and James. 138 is LeCount and kind of falls a little, but that is the state champs class.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben Westerfeld from Batesville will be going 126 this year and is a 2x SSQ. Last year his season was cut short due to injuries. His losses were Tom Gettinger twice, Smiley from Beach Grove and Steven Cardenas from Carrol who he also beat in the same day.

Will Amberger from Batesville will be going 170 again his losses were: 5 to KC Hedger from Lawrenceburg, Over Time loss to Gonzalas, a loss to Lefever, and I think Moore from Lebadon. He also had an inj. default loss to Hittle from Rushvill in sections a surgery kept him from wrestling regoinals.

Those are a couple to look out for.

Ben Westerfeld from Batesville will be going 126 this year and is a 2x SSQ. Last year his season was cut short due to injuries. His losses were Tom Gettinger twice, Smiley from Beach Grove and Steven Cardenas from Carrol who he also beat in the same day.

Will Amberger from Batesville will be going 170 again his losses were: 5 to KC Hedger from Lawrenceburg, Over Time loss to Gonzalas, a loss to Lefever, and I think Moore from Lebadon. He also had an inj. default loss to Hittle from Rushvill in sections a surgery kept him from wrestling regoinals.

Those are a couple to look out for.

those are good wrestler right there. seen them several times

After seeing the size difference at Fargo for Austin, he will prob end up at 170 this yr, i know on wed when they were at Fargo after practices he was at 175, i thought Austin would be fine at 182 until we ran into a few guys that made Austin look small...He was deff undersized at 182, no excuses, he got beat, but we learned at the national level, you need to trim a little, not eat to try to get closer to your weight!!!! He will bounce back big!! No worries!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am shocked to see that PM doesn't have a 113 that can crack the top 8 at SS. I'm with Bigmack, where is Johnson? Just my thoughts on looking these over: 1) 106/113 are not looking super tough and is anyone's to take. Wow, 120 looks to be pretty stacked top 4 all w state experience w some good ones waiting in the wings. I believe Cash will be at 132 which will open up 126 a little. Wilson of course and then Mantel and from there it's really not clear on the other two golden tickets! 132 will be a battle (possibly epic) between Cash and James. 138 is LeCount and kind of falls a little, but that is the state champs class.

Johnson has hit a growth spurt and making 113 might not be able to happen.

After seeing the size difference at Fargo for Austin, he will prob end up at 170 this yr, i know on wed when they were at Fargo after practices he was at 175, i thought Austin would be fine at 182 until we ran into a few guys that made Austin look small...He was deff undersized at 182, no excuses, he got beat, but we learned at the national level, you need to trim a little, not eat to try to get closer to your weight!!!! He will bounce back big!! No worries!!

I think you will see a big difference between 182 at Fargo and 182 in state. Just sayin!

• 1 month later...

Just some names I thought would be in there. Maybe its just they aren't high enough on the list though (I know a few of these guys listed own victories over those ranked):

Brett Johnson - Perry Meridian

Ethan Briggeman - Roncalli

Jeremiah Roose - Pendleton Heights

Christian Cox - Hagerstown

Austin Killion - Centerville

Blake Wood - Rushville

Billy Decker - New Castle

Joe Hoskins - Greenfield Central

Will Amberger - Batesville

Jake Cavins - Milan

Blake Wood is at Greensburg.  Taylor Reed from Oldenburg is somebody to watch.

Knights town and union county were the only tec teams i seen at the hoosierpreseason open and they both had impressive wrestlers at the 85 bracket the uc kid making it all the way to the quarter finals losing to mat hollins in the third period, and the knights town kid battled threw the brackets impressively. I think they really need a ranking. Also I think max dole from east central needs a change of rank for his impressive wrestling. He gave mcclosky I fight

Knights town and union county were the only tec teams i seen at the hoosierpreseason open and they both had impressive wrestlers at the 85 bracket the uc kid making it all the way to the quarter finals losing to mat hollins in the third period, and the knights town kid battled threw the brackets impressively. I think they really need a ranking. Also I think max dole from east central needs a change of rank for his impressive wrestling. He gave mcclosky I fight

U Co  Aquino-morales went 2-2 Knightstown Harper went 3-2 btw Knightstown isn't in the TEC, Mid Hoosier Conference. Tri had a couple wrestlers participate Brandon Miller went 1-2, both losses coming at the hands of the 3rd and 4th place winners

He actually lived in Perry's district already...

well like I said I don't know the details. But I'm hoping justice is served if something illegal is happening, if not then good. I just didn't know if he was enrolled at FC to start the year and then moved to Perry for wrestling.

He actually lived in Perry's district already...

It sounds like the fishy smell might be somewhere else. If he lived in Perry, how was he going to FC? I might have read something on here wrong. Just trying to put 2 and 2 together from these post!  ???

It sounds like the fishy smell might be somewhere else. If he lived in Perry, how was he going to FC? I might have read something on here wrong. Just trying to put 2 and 2 together from these post!  ???

The bottom line here are these kids and their families are going to go where they think is best for them, so these schools and programs that are loosing kids may want to quit worrying about things other than why can't we retain these quality kids. I'm sure this had to be a legit transfer, or FC would not have signed off on it.

The bottom line here are these kids and their families are going to go where they think is best for them, so these schools and programs that are loosing kids may want to quit worrying about things other than why can't we retain these quality kids. I'm sure this had to be a legit transfer, or FC would not have signed off on it.

Hmmm... Best for them academically or for sports?