Folkstyle Rule Changes

Y2CJ41

That's about equivelent you didn't even mention the new match system 1 6-min period, most points at the end wins that is unless you get 3 of the same takedowns in a row then the match ends unless the opponent scored a reversal. And to eliminate stalling and make the matches more exciting we have made the inner circle the "Hot Zone presented by Degree™" and if you step out of the "hot zone" you lose a point but if you are out for more than 5 seconds you lose automatically. And if we are tied at the end of 6 min and none of the above criteria has been met it goes to a thumb wrestling match, if after one min that doesnt work the judges table made up of both schools student council presidents and a random fan decide the victor.

That's about equivelent you didn't even mention the new match system 1 6-min period, most points at the end wins that is unless you get 3 of the same takedowns in a row then the match ends unless the opponent scored a reversal. And to eliminate stalling and make the matches more exciting we have made the inner circle the "Hot Zone presented by Degree™" and if you step out of the "hot zone" you lose a point but if you are out for more than 5 seconds you lose automatically. And if we are tied at the end of 6 min and none of the above criteria has been met it goes to a thumb wrestling match, if after one min that doesnt work the judges table made up of both schools student council presidents and a random fan decide the victor.

Now that was funny!

That sounds equivalent to how you explain locking hands to a new fan or wrestler.  Or how you explain that you have to perfectly align your hand on a belly button or it will cost you points.  Or if you have the wrong knee down it will cost you points.  Or the best part of telling someone how one act is stalling in the third period, yet the opponent did the same thing the whole first period without being warned.  Ohhhhh those perfect folkstyle wrestling rules that are so easy to understand.

I surely hope you don't give up on folkstyle due to the constant rule changes. Will you be able to handle if a kid with a prosthetic limb weighs in with or with out it?  Just please for the sake of our sacred folkstyle wrestling do not give up on it.

Bad Time.... Good time....Blood Time.....Injury Time.....Huh???

The committee approved an addition to Rule 5-1-1 that allows for bad time if a wrestler is not given the choice of position after a two-point stalling penalty. In addition, Rule 6-6-2d was approved and adds “after a two-point stalling penalty” as an instance when an error occurs in positioning wrestlers that would result in canceled points during bad time.

Can I choose my position to be on top w/ a half in??

Bad Time.... Good time....Blood Time.....Injury Time.....Huh???

The committee approved an addition to Rule 5-1-1 that allows for bad time if a wrestler is not given the choice of position after a two-point stalling penalty. In addition, Rule 6-6-2d was approved and adds “after a two-point stalling penalty” as an instance when an error occurs in positioning wrestlers that would result in canceled points during bad time.

Can I choose my position to be on top w/ a half in??

Hard enough to get one stall call...let alone a two pointer

All kidding aside, nice that a fft doesn't count towards five match limit anymore.

Agreed that it shouldn't probably count against you, however I'm not sure too many occasions where it would come into play. 

hahaa these rule changes are minimal and to try to compare to some of the changes in freestyle and greco rules over the years are stretching it a bit.

Side note rumor I heard was video review has been approved by national federation...be interesting to see if at some level in the state tourney this is implemented or not.

The witty banter though is somewhat entertaining as I wait for a epic showdown on UFC tonight.  My hero fights......BIIIIGGGGG COUNTRY.  "how yea going to get the moon of yea"

I really wish they could do something about the stall calls to make them consistent..... Worse I ever saw was Taylor vs Smith Jeff classic semi finals 3 or so years ago.... The pace of the match was virtually the same beginning to end...restart after o.b. Taylor up 1 with no stall warning and 7 seconds left in the third... Taylor gets hit for stalling twice in 7 seconds, he also took a shot and got to the leg in that same 7 seconds..... Thankfully he stayed cool, went straight to center and got the take down in o.t.

With all the super duals that take place these days Id imagine it will be a factor at times.

But I'm not sure a host school will be scheduling a whole additional round of dual meets in hopes that every varsity wrestler on every team their receives at least one FF throughout the day to make the additional round plausible.  Maybe if several team with only 1/2 of a line up have a multi-dual, but other than than not many occasions for it to occur.  It seems like a logical rule since a FF shouldn't count against you, but in its functionality I I don't see it affecting to many meets.

Agreed that it shouldn't probably count against you, however I'm not sure too many occasions where it would come into play.

I’m pretty sure this will allow for kids who loose in the opening round of tournaments to be able to wrestle back. So the kids who would lose in rattails at conference and sectionals could wrestle on.  I’m not sure exactly how it works, but I was discussing the way in which rattails are drawn with our conference official, and he said something along these lines.

I’m pretty sure this will allow for kids who loose in the opening round of tournaments to be able to wrestle back. So the kids who would lose in rattails at conference and sectionals could wrestle on.  I’m not sure exactly how it works, but I was discussing the way in which rattails are drawn with our conference official, and he said something along these lines.

You might want to take a look at a 16 man bracket again as a wrestler can still get six matches if they win their first round, lose the second round and wrestle back to place in the top six. 

You might want to take a look at a 16 man bracket again as a wrestler can still get six matches if they win their first round, lose the second round and wrestle back to place in the top six.

Well I dont know what difference the 6 match limit would make then.  Would the forfiet situation work for our current sectionals, with 9 or 10 teams participating on a  16 man bracket instead of all 16 spots being filled?

Well I dont know what difference the 6 match limit would make then.  Would the forfiet situation work for our current sectionals, with 9 or 10 teams participating on a  16 man bracket instead of all 16 spots being filled?

The new rule will have about zero affect on wrestling meets.

For a 9 team tournament it would work without this new rule

For a 10 team tournament you would be safe about 95% of the time, with the only time that a wrestler could get six matches is if they wrestle a first rat tail match and win, then lose and draw into the rat tail loser from the other half of the bracket in the first wrestle-back round.

For an 11 team tournament see above with 10 teams only more chances that this happens

For a 12 team tournament it is even more likely.

Here is a picture for your viewing pleasure.  Notice how Wr10 and Wr2 both can get up to six matches in a day.  If one of those rat-tail matches were a forfeit then the new rule would make it possible.  However, I doubt you want to go into a tournament and expect to have a forfeit at each weight class.

Bracket16.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.