state finals attendance

abcde

It seemed like each of the rounds of the state tournaments seemed a little spacious to me.  IHSAA cited one reason for ending the Team State Duals was that it would bring more attention back to the team race during the State Finals and draw in more of a crowd.  I'm not sure that occurred this year, especially with some of the traditional big names having less qualifiers than usual.

true. EMD historically brings the most people and they were down this year as far as exceptional individuals are concerned. i remember back when they were winning state every year it was the EMD section then the anti-EMD section. makes me laugh thinking about how every EMD match at state either ended in loud boos or raucous applause hahahah. but, hey, even if attendance suffers we can all rest assured that its for a good cause - we are so altruistic as a nation that we believe in taxing our way to prosperity  ::)

I am exaggerating here but when Evansville Mater Dei was on top they'd bring a couple thousand screaming fans alone.  I think I heard 2 people cheer when they were announced at the parade.  All kidding aside, the dip in attendance may have something to do with the fact that the staff at Banker's Life are a bunch of power tripping nice fella bags and getting way worse every year!  Next year I heard they were collecting DNA samples before they let you in.  Seriously, empty your pockets and physical pat down at a wrestling meet.  10000 people pushing to find a seat and they are giving a 30 second pat down on everyone.  Give me a break.  I'm sure they hate the wrestling weekend, but they don't seem to mind our money.   

I am exaggerating here but when Evansville Mater Dei was on top they'd bring a couple thousand screaming fans alone.  I think I heard 2 people cheer when they were announced at the parade.  All kidding aside, the dip in attendance may have something to do with the fact that the staff at Banker's Life are a bunch of power tripping nice fella bags and getting way worse every year!  Next year I heard they were collecting DNA samples before they let you in.  Seriously, empty your pockets and physical pat down at a wrestling meet.  10000 people pushing to find a seat and they are giving a 30 second pat down on everyone.  Give me a break.  I'm sure they hate the wrestling weekend, but they don't seem to mind our money. 

you cant blame security. people show up before they come across security.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.