Jeffersonvile regional

mustang13

Yes the packers got beat, but the other team in green.  The "Highlanders" ;D

Don't be late Saturday.  Donnie Baker where are you?  thanks for the autograph during the sectional.  Know you are a busy man with alot of commitments, hope you make it Saturday and tell triple b the  hospital room is NOT a buffet. ;)

Best First Rd Matches - Per Weight:

106 - Stevie Jones vs Justin Wright

113 - Jake Martindale vs Sean Brown (The Future Stars Battle)

120 - Bryant Haynes vs Gary Engelking (Haynes won the first two by close margins, can the senior get revenge?)

126 - Chayce Young vs. Austin Ward

132 - should be great first rd matches Leeper vs DeLeon, Herrin vs. Popp, Adams vs Paden should all be great matches

138 - Chris Tingle vs Nick Stewart (on paper looks like 2 even wrestlers gutting out a chance for SS)

145 - Matthew Ruddick vs. George Emily

152 - Andrew Jones vs. Tyler Fridley (2 tough nosed kids banging it out)

160 - Tanner Young vs. David Fridley (2 close matches, 3rd match should be great!)

170 - Jimmy Fisher vs. Luke Terry

182 - Matthew Hayes vs. Clayton Ferguson (Hayes, the surprise Sectional champ last weekend now gets a chance to back up his title)

195 - Brennan Banet vs. Luis Cambron (Cambron looked like a go-getter last week in his semis, but fell flat in his 3rd place match. Now he has Highlander Banet waiting for him)

220 - Tyler Loud vs. Bryan Arnold

285 - Kolby Mount vs. James Searcy, (With McKee/Wolka/GJL battling it out for first, these guys will battle for the remaining spot.)

I heard they used the skin to make a rug when they got done cleaning them.  It really ties their wrestling room together....does it not???

Jeff is about as un-hillbilly as one can imagine. It's not the 88th most dangerous city in America for nothing!!

About the only type of "wildlife" you'll see in Jeff is the kind coming out of The Lighthouse on a Saturday night.

I got 26 too close to call. Jamison has held it down all year, but there are other wild cards out there. Should be a great weight class.

I'm not going to light any fires and make any specific predictions on here. I do think around 6 eight classes are locks, and 8 are up in the air.

Hopefully all 7 Madison Cubs punch their tickets to Evansville! That's all I'm focused on right now!

I'm disappointed in the lack of chatter here.  I don't know much about Col North or Greensburg but this is what I got.

106:  TK, Jones, Speaker.  TK only one going to State

113:  Jasi, Ely, Brown.  Can Jasi punch his ticket or not.

120:  Good chance that it is top 4 from Jeff.  Lahue and Whitley in finals again.  Winner has a good chance make it out next week.

126:  Most exciting and deepest weight class with the exception of maybe hwt.  Multiple Greco and freestyle state champs and place finishers.  All I can say is that winner could get bad draw if they get #2from Castle.  I think our top three beats bloom and moors champs.

132:  Gilbert, and winner between Popp and Herrin.  Can Gilbert win ticket round?

138:  Troutman, and whoever wins between Spray and Meenach.  Troutman has beaten two top 10s in less than a minute.  That's no fluke.  Not taking anything away from other two, but Troutman on different level.  Only losing to Forte 4-2 when he got knocked out and Meenach couldn't beat him on one leg.  Troutman is looking for some hardware this year.

145:  Wyatt, Emily, and Castleberry.  NA sophomore has been wrestling all 3 styles since grade school and he is starting to get the feel.

152:  Stillinger, Partee, Meldrum.  Champ has a chance to punch his ticket.

160:  Herron, Wilson, Franklin.  Winner will have to wrestle like superman to make it to state.

171:  Lee helped his cause by winning in OT during sectionals.  Fisher, Lee, Bagwell

182: All JC sectional.  Randell helped them out by dislocating his shoulder twice in two weeks.  

195:  All JC sectionals.  Cake walk for the four.  Only question is if bbb boy can get a gas tank to win the ticket round.  Maybe a #hipsquad shirt would help.

220:  the Gentle Giant, Castetter, Woods.  Can C-clamp lock up the ticket round match?

HWT:  would say all JC sectional with exception of little-jolly.  But NA new addition throws a monkey wrench into the mix.  Burres has his man ready for the upset and gets to ss.

These are just for my opinion.  I hope I see my daddy on Saturday.  Next week I will route for the entire HHC and Jeff Regionals.  

Something I tell my little kids:  don't get lifted, don't let arm get behind your back, and most of all don't go to your back,  good luck to all!

I wasn't there but was getting text updates from a reliable source...

Here is what i can remember

106 Kennedy FC, Speaker CN, Wood CH, Wright SB

113 Coureur Jeff,

120 Lahue, Whitley, Peavler, Engleking

126 Jamison NA

132 Columbus East

138 Troutman FC, Meenach NW, Spray SW,

145 Wayant CE

152 Partee Mad, Stillinger CE, Meldrum FC

160 Franklin NW, Herron FC,

170 Fisher CE, Lee NA, Bagwell FC

182 Columbus North, Bott JC, Hayes Pr, Spangler JE

195 Sandlin Mad,

220 Ottersbach Fc,

285 Jeff,

I'm disappointed in the lack of chatter here.  I don't know much about Col North or Greensburg but this is what I got.

106:  TK, Jones, Speaker.  TK only one going to State

113:  Jasi, Ely, Brown.  Can Jasi punch his ticket or not.

120:  Good chance that it is top 4 from Jeff.  Lahue and Whitley in finals again.  Winner has a good chance make it out next week.

126:  Most exciting and deepest weight class with the exception of maybe hwt.  Multiple Greco and freestyle state champs and place finishers.  All I can say is that winner could get bad draw if they get #2from Castle.  I think our top three beats bloom and moors champs.

132:  Gilbert, and winner between Popp and Herrin.  Can Gilbert win ticket round?

138:  Troutman, and whoever wins between Spray and Meenach.  Troutman has beaten two top 10s in less than a minute.  That's no fluke.  Not taking anything away from other two, but Troutman on different level.  Only losing to Forte 4-2 when he got knocked out and Meenach couldn't beat him on one leg.  Troutman is looking for some hardware this year.

145:  Wyatt, Emily, and Castleberry.  NA sophomore has been wrestling all 3 styles since grade school and he is starting to get the feel.

152:  Stillinger, Partee, Meldrum.  Champ has a chance to punch his ticket.

160:  Herron, Wilson, Franklin.  Winner will have to wrestle like superman to make it to state.

171:  Lee helped his cause by winning in OT during sectionals.  Fisher, Lee, Bagwell

182: All JC sectional.  Randell helped them out by dislocating his shoulder twice in two weeks.  

195:  All JC sectionals.  Cake walk for the four.  Only question is if bbb boy can get a gas tank to win the ticket round.  Maybe a #hipsquad shirt would help.

220:  the Gentle Giant, Castetter, Woods.  Can C-clamp lock up the ticket round match?

HWT:  would say all JC sectional with exception of little-jolly.  But NA new addition throws a monkey wrench into the mix.  Burres has his man ready for the upset and gets to ss.

These are just for my opinion.  I hope I see my daddy on Saturday.  Next week I will route for the entire HHC and Jeff Regionals.  

Something I tell my little kids:  don't get lifted, don't let arm get behind your back, and most of all don't go to your back,  good luck to all!

7 champs from jc sect, 7 champs from Jeff sect

32 ssq from jc sect

24 ssq from Jeff sect

I'm really trying to avoid doing work today. So here are the Regional results by the numbers (for those interested)

Champs

Jeff Sectional 8 

Jenn. Co. Sectional 6

Finalists

Jeff Sectional 12

Jenn Co. Sectional 16

Semi-State Qualifiers

Jeff Sectional  27

Jenn. Co. Sectional 29

Alternate Spot

Jeff Sectional 5

Jenn. Co Sectional 9

Total Team Scores

Jeff Sectional 497.5

Jenn. Co. Sectional 583.5

Minus lowest Jenn Co. teams score to make it even at 9 teams each

Top 8 Team Placement

Jeff Sectional 4

Jenn. Co Sectional 4

It takes until we get to the 11-14 spots to see Jenn. Co. have a slight advantage in team placement.

Looks like in this first re-alignment year Jeff Sectional had a slight edge in individual champions and overall team champ (Floyd), while the Jenning Co. Sectional shows a slightly more depth on the individual and team side.

Great showing by all teams including an impromptu dance off during the lunch break (Thankfully no wrestlers or coaches were injured)

A wonderful job by Jeffersonville hosting the event and good luck to the qualifiers at Semi-State who will be representing their sectionals and regional well.

Jeff is about as un-hillbilly as one can imagine. It's not the 88th most dangerous city in America for nothing!!

About the only type of "wildlife" you'll see in Jeff is the kind coming out of The Lighthouse on a Saturday night.

Now that is funny as I remember my time in Jeff at the "House of Light" many times.  Me and the Scott boys closing it down.  hahahaha

MattM,

I missed the Jasi/Ely match went into O.T.

I missed the Meenach/Spray match which featured one the biggest blown calls that I've ever seen

I missed Luke Woods, Oscar Deleon, Matthew Ruddick (had Emily Winning it all), and Bryce Peavler, and I missed another champ... Not sure who... I might of had Spray over Troutman.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.