Castle Regional

BB145

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and which of those two predictions came true?

Haha thats why I dont win the lottery. Mastison put it on Brown and Kuhn. He wrestled like a champion. Johns got a pretty bad call in his match. Other than the Castle faithful everyone in that gym saw he scored 2 back points. Either way its over and its time to pick this weeks winners. I dont see how Brown, Lehman, Kuhn and Mastison dont advance all the way to Indy. The only thing is which ones wins from day to day. 132 is exactly the same way. You have to admit that.

Predicitions...Only ones I make this year:

Picking advancers, no particular order:

106:  R, GS, MD, VL

113:  H, C, R, MD  - This one I will go out there on - Order will be C, MD, H, R

120:  R, HH, MV, MD

126:  C, BV, R, MD

132:  M, Pr, C, MD

138:  C, MD, Bv, Ce (Order CE, CA, BV, MD ???)

145:  Pr, MD, NP, Ce - Strongest Group Coming out of Evansville)

152:  ME, Ce, Ca, MD

160:  MV, NP, PC, MD  (Who knows between PC and R on this one)

170:  HH, NP, C, MD

182:  HH, MD, SS, EN  (Get your tickets for this one if no other matches...the probable finals will a good one!)

195:  SS, HH, EM, BV (Sectional Finals Repeat)

220:  HH, N, Me, Ce

285:  Ce, NP, TC, MD

Injuries and attitudes are going to effect these a lot!  Don't know about the Central Sectional, but Castle's sectional had about as much blood time as a Twilight Movie.

Good Luck to all the kids!  I wish we could find a way for all of them to represent us at Semi State!

Jon H

I think your top 4 are pretty much on at Castle on Saturday.  I for sure see a Davis / Johnson rematch of the SIAC finals at 120.  Anyone on here who called Johnson a conservative wrestler has not seen many of his matches this year.  You really see NP getting two in the finals?

Who's beat who in each weights classes before I heard there was gonna be some big upset in the upper weights from 160 up to heavy weight???

From 170 to 220, There will be some big matches in the finals (if things progress as they "should").  HH and SS should take 170-220, with 182 the largest question.  Lane from North is VERY impressive.  He moves like a 126 pound kid!

Haha thats why I dont win the lottery. Mastison put it on Brown and Kuhn. He wrestled like a champion. Johns got a pretty bad call in his match. Other than the Castle faithful everyone in that gym saw he scored 2 back points. Either way its over and its time to pick this weeks winners. I dont see how Brown, Lehman, Kuhn and Mastison dont advance all the way to Indy. The only thing is which ones wins from day to day. 132 is exactly the same way. You have to admit that.

We also saw 3 points near fall in the Brown Mastison match that strangle enough don't exist because the Ref didn't see it the same way, would have tied it all up in regulation, but we take what we have been dealt and make the most of it.

Also DIDN'T see the reason to award a penalty point in the 126 finals for a pinning combination that is completely legal and was at worst potentially dangerous (a surfboard normally IS on the edge of getting called potentially dangerous). 

But once again, we moved on. 

We also saw 3 points near fall in the Brown Mastison match that strangle enough don't exist because the Ref didn't see it the same way, would have tied it all up in regulation, but we take what we have been dealt and make the most of it.

Also DIDN'T see the reason to award a penalty point in the 126 finals for a pinning combination that is completely legal and was at worst potentially dangerous (a surfboard normally IS on the edge of getting called potentially dangerous). 

But once again, we moved on.   

Yep...it went both ways. 126 I had no clue what happened.

Yep...it went both ways. 126 I had no clue what happened.

It was pretty easy to see we had one ref in particular that had NO CLUE he was working a wrestling tourney.  In his defense there WAS a swim meet happening the same day and he may have Mr MaGoo'ed himself into the wrong dressing room...

It was pretty easy to see we had one ref in particular that had NO CLUE he was working a wrestling tourney.   In his defense there WAS a swim meet happening the same day and he may have Mr MaGoo'ed himself into the wrong dressing room...

I agree and I didn't undertand what the penalty point was for in the 126 match.  However, with Welch "cranking" on the LEGAL move - it is definitely potentially dangerous even if it shouldn't be called that way.  I said before the match that we may see some painful combinations if they presented themselves.................and they did. 

I can't beleive nobody has mentioned the 120 match with Castle and Heritage Hills.  HH won but I made a note in my book that Castle clearly had the pin and held it for what seemed like 15 seconds.  There was something else that happened in that match that had the coaches worked up at the end but I can't remember what it was. 

I agree and I didn't undertand what the penalty point was for in the 126 match.  However, with Welch "cranking" on the LEGAL move - it is definitely potentially dangerous even if it shouldn't be called that way.   I said before the match that we may see some painful combinations if they presented themselves.................and they did.   

I can't beleive nobody has mentioned the 120 match with Castle and Heritage Hills.   HH won but I made a note in my book that Castle clearly had the pin and held it for what seemed like 15 seconds.   There was something else that happened in that match that had the coaches worked up at the end but I can't remember what it was.   

I saw several pins not called. Sometimes there were 2 & 3 times in a match.

I agree and I didn't undertand what the penalty point was for in the 126 match.  However, with Welch "cranking" on the LEGAL move - it is definitely potentially dangerous even if it shouldn't be called that way.   I said before the match that we may see some painful combinations if they presented themselves.................and they did.   

I can't beleive nobody has mentioned the 120 match with Castle and Heritage Hills.   HH won but I made a note in my book that Castle clearly had the pin and held it for what seemed like 15 seconds.   There was something else that happened in that match that had the coaches worked up at the end but I can't remember what it was.   

At 120, Castle's kid is a young man who had to learn that painful lesson about Wrestling/Life Ain't Always Fair.  There were a a ton of "iffy" calls all day.  Out of bounds seemed to be one that varied based on how the ref's were feeling about the Economic Situation in Greece or some such thing.  It was like watching a stock market ticket and expecting it if remain consistent.

Funny there was a match where a kid hit a move that the ref had never seen before. The kid had clearly had near fall and after the match said he didn't award points because he had never seen it before...

To all those parents coaches and wrestlers that have called or asked about Tristen McDaniel, For those of you that don't know, Tristen has been, unfortunately ruled totally ineligible thru his entire sophomore season for moving schools in the off season. But we insure you that he will be back to full eligibility for his Junior and Senior year. He is looking forward to getting back to his wrestling, football and baseball.  For you'll that haven't seen Tristen lately he has shot up in size hes pushing 6' 2" and weighing about 170 to 175 lbs we as he parents And Tristen are very grateful for the continued support over the last 5 months it means more to all of us then you know. In closing again we would like to say thanks to all.  

Its a shame Tom that Boonville wouldnt release him to the Braves..  I just wish you would have moved him to CHS.... You know its Boonville- Warrick- IHSAA politics at its finest. That just goes to prove that they could care less about the young man and more about sticking it to you,, by not releasing his eligibilty.  There,, I said it for U...  Shame on U BOONVILLE !!

To all those parents coaches and wrestlers that have called or asked about Tristen McDaniel, For those of you that don't know, Tristen has been, unfortunately ruled totally ineligible thru his entire sophomore season for moving schools in the off season. But we insure you that he will be back to full eligibility for his Junior and Senior year. He is looking forward to getting back to his wrestling, football and baseball.  For you'll that haven't seen Tristen lately he has shot up in size hes pushing 6' 2" and weighing about 170 to 175 lbs we as he parents And Tristen are very grateful for the continued support over the last 5 months it means more to all of us then you know. In closing again we would like to say thanks to all.  

I hate to hear of anyone missing mat time.  There is not much of it to be had when you look back, so missing a quarter of your high school career in any sport is a disservice to the kid!

What bothered me the most about the 126 final was what wasn't called.    This won't be popular but it was pretty obvious.  Before the wrestlers ended up in a situation that could have really injured one or both of them, Welch had the pin.  If the ref would have called what was right in front of him for more than just a couple of seconds, then nothing would have progressed t where it ended up.

I give all the credit in the world to Todrank for fighting it, but his shoulders were down and the ref let a punishing hold continue by not calling the fall he was staring right at.  That is how kids end up hurt and possibly ending a career.

What bothered me the most about the 126 final was what wasn't called.    This won't be popular but it was pretty obvious.   Before the wrestlers ended up in a situation that could have really injured one or both of them, Welch had the pin.   If the ref would have called what was right in front of him for more than just a couple of seconds, then nothing would have progressed t where it ended up.

I give all the credit in the world to Todrank for fighting it, but his shoulders were down and the ref let a punishing hold continue by not calling the fall he was staring right at.  That is how kids end up hurt and possibly ending a career.

Honestly I thought he was pinned too, but it don't happen if the ref don't call it.  I think we all have seen kids hurt needlessly over the years and it is never a good thing!

It was pretty easy to see we had one ref in particular that had NO CLUE he was working a wrestling tourney.   In his defense there WAS a swim meet happening the same day and he may have Mr MaGoo'ed himself into the wrong dressing room...

Mr MaGoo'ed.  Lol

I dont think Arney beating Johnson is unthinkable. He wrestled Kuhn and Lehman very well and has a great coaching staff to fix his mistakes. Johnson is a defensive wrestler and isnt explosive which gives kids like Arney a better than average chance to win. It would be a shock to most including me but it isnt unrealistic.

i heard that alex johnson bought some sushi from a gas station after sectionals.  three hours later, he was explosive. 

and yes, he is defensive about it.

i heard that alex johnson bought some sushi from a gas station after sectionals.  three hours later, he was explosive. 

and yes, he is defensive about it.

Well then he should have went with the corn dog. I guess Arney should avoid striking a match? I already said I would be shocked if Arney won but that was before this whole explanation. There is no chance of it now. Haha

Best 1st Rd. matches Saturday....In my humble opinion..... 8)

106 Vaal HH vs Dillbeck GS- GS was your PAC champ but HH always prepares their kids well come tourney time

113 Keller MV vs Lehman MD- This might be the only "match" in this bracket. Pretty one sided weight class

120 Meyers HH vs Greenwell GS- GS picked of HH at PAC. Looks like this could be the rubber match.

126 Todrank RE vs Braye NO- Again, a one-sided weight class. Braye, a SR, has one shot vs a tough opponent

132 Johns RE vs Kargas PR- Do not leave your seat for this one! PR is slick on his feet but RE is FUNKY! Great match-up

138 Scheessele ME vs Schroeder MD- Senior vs Senior here. Scheess is one tough kid, but Schroed is an SQ.

145 Petrig ME vs Elderkin NP- Take your pick at this weight class. Wide open (behind Kelley) 2-4 should be interesting

152 Witte CA vs Wallis PR- Tough draw for these two, prolly a 1 pt match. Senior vs Senior again

160 Merriweather BO vs Martin NP- Coach Duck & BO came ready last week. Don't sleep on the Bulldogs

170 Watson HA vs Martin NP- These Martin bros are tough/ grind it out guys.

182 Burden SS vs Wheeler VL- Tough 2 loss Burden vs Big 8 champ Wheeler. Senior vs Senior...again

195 Smith BO vs Jefferson VL- Jefferson picked off Smith at the Big 8. Rematch...!!

220 Hammonds RE vs Greenwell NO- Went with Senior vs Senior here

285 Osborne TC vs Miller PC- Two solid PAC heavys.

Again, not calling upsets and not devaluing anyone. Anything can happen, good luck to all participants

What bothered me the most about the 126 final was what wasn't called.    This won't be popular but it was pretty obvious.   Before the wrestlers ended up in a situation that could have really injured one or both of them, Welch had the pin.   If the ref would have called what was right in front of him for more than just a couple of seconds, then nothing would have progressed t where it ended up.

The same ref missed pin calls all day.  He was constantly not calling the pin.  It was wrong in my opinion but thats the ref. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.