Awful call in McCloskey vs tatom match

All day

That was probably the very best sectional match I've ever seen, and I've seen quite a few. That was a really tough call to make and a lot of refs wouldn't have made it with just a few seconds left in OT. There were some other close calls during the match. Tatom got dinged twice for stalling and both calls were iffy. Tatom gets the only TD in the entire match...can't wait to see them do it again

That was probably the very best sectional match I've ever seen, and I've seen quite a few. That was a really tough call to make and a lot of refs wouldn't have made it with just a few seconds left in OT. There were some other close calls during the match. Tatom got dinged twice for stalling and both calls were iffy. Tatom gets the only TD in the entire match...can't wait to see them do it again

Alot of iffy calls, but what a battle!! I can see this matchup the next 3 weekends! As Austin's dad, I didn't like seeing the match end like that. Lets do it again next week. Good luck.

Alot of iffy calls, but what a battle!! I can see this matchup the next 3 weekends! As Austin's dad, I didn't like seeing the match end like that. Lets do it again next week. Good luck.

As Austin's biggest fan, I also don't like seeing matches end like that (even though I didnt see it). Do it again next week. Good luck.

Tatom was also hit for fleeing the mat for McCloskey's first point. I didn't see it that way either. I know the ref and he's a good one...just not this match.

Great wrestling fellas. Best match I've seen in a long, long time. Both very deserving of the win.

In the heat of the battle.  I hated the calls! But I am very biased.

John spends half of his life at my house.

This one will build and build. What a battle!  Worth ever cent of my $6.00 to get in.

You we are lucky enough to see this one under the lights.  You will not be disappointed.

Good lord they were each pummeling the crap out of each other with some heavy hands. I don't know who got the most shots to the head--we should check the CompuBox to see. It looked like a Big 10 match. Just awesome

Im sure they both will be reviewing that match and preparing for another top notch match!! To me these 2 guys have the hardest road to the lights, but no doubt in my mind they can both be there!

Tatom got hosed, the ref should have let the wrestlers decide the outcome. Two points for McCloskey (fleeing/stalling) very questionable? Can't wait for next weeks match.

I wasn't there but I heard the takedown Tatom had was questionable too...can't wai to see these two at Semi State

Was Tatom stalling? Was he not pressing the action? Even in a tight match the rules don't change. I wasn't there so I have no clue just a question

This match was the most physical match I have ever seen!  There was no stalling!

There was no fleeing the mat.  This is not in any way a slight on Austin.  Again one of the best matches I

Have ever seen. These 2 wrestlers deserve and have my respect.  This is on the ref.  He should not have any impact on the outcome.

I wasn't there but I heard the takedown Tatom had was questionable too...can't wai to see these two at Semi State

It was called how it was called, was it a takedown??? Some refs would call it, some wouldn't. Austin had a couple that could have been called different also. Next week, different place and let the studs do it again!

It was called how it was called, was it a takedown??? Some refs would call it, some wouldn't. Austin had a couple that could have been called different also. Next week, different place and let the studs do it again!

It was an iffy call but both of them gave it there all and shouldn't end that way! Can't wait to see this one next week and at semi state! Possible even under the lights!!!

It was an iffy call but both of them gave it there all and shouldn't end that way! Can't wait to see this one next week and at semi state! Possible even under the lights!!!

I agree!! Im still pumped today, Austin has been wrestling for a long time and that was the most intense match ever!!! And I also didn't like it ending that way. But it's not who wins the first one, its who wins the last one!!!! But how awesome to watch these two go at it for 3 more weeks!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.