IHSWCA State Duals Invitational Seeding Criteria

tskin

The following will be the seeding criteria used for the Dec 22nd Championships.

We will seed the top four teams out of each of the eight teams selected per class.  The remaining 4 teams will be then blind drawn into the eight man bracket.  The unseeded teams will be assigned a number 1-4 based on the alphabetical order of their school names.

? First # drawn will be placed on line 3 facing the #4 seed.

? Second # drawn will be placed on line 6 facing the #3 seed.

? Third # drawn will be placed on line 7 facing the #2 seed.

? Fourth # drawn will be placed on line 2 facing #1 seed.

The top four teams shall be seeded based on the latest classed team rankings

The Dec rankings will be used for seeding

The Draw for the 4 unseeded positions will happen in front of all those in attendance at this years Jeff Classic Tourney Friday night.

Is there going to be any consideration to keep schools from the same conference from meeting up in the first round?

Does the IHSWCA realize that there are quite a few coaches with teams in the event that vote in the polls? It seems that it is set up for a coach or two to vote their team extremely high to help get a better seed in the event.

Does the IHSWCA realize that there are quite a few coaches with teams in the event that vote in the polls? It seems that it is set up for a coach or two to vote their team extremely high to help get a better seed in the event.

Would this be considered a "conflict of interest"  ...    :-X

With very few common opponents it would be hard to properly seed the top four teams... I know the only common dual opponent we will have with any of the 2A teams will be when we wrestle Fishers on Saturday... Evansville Memorial wrestled them earlier in the year...

We will use the latest DEC rankings. 

Its not a perfect system but I would hope a coach would not alter his vote to skew this tourney.

top four will be seeded based on rankings.

What we could do to keep a coach from doing such a thing is to publish each coaches vote in the classed team rankings for the month of Dec.

We will use the latest DEC rankings. 

Its not a perfect system but I would hope a coach would not alter his vote to skew this tourney.

top four will be seeded based on rankings.

What we could do to keep a coach from doing such a thing is to publish each coaches vote in the classed team rankings for the month of Dec.

You are talking about wrestling coaches, you know the same ones that got IHSAA team state taken away right?

It is a super idea to publish each coach's votes, that way people can ridicule them for voting Garrett #4 or Madison #1 or any host of other random teams put into the rankings.

.missed all this, so there will be 8 teams per class invited to Team State, based upon last yrs results?

What 8 teams per class were invited? Are the rankings only for those 8 teams invited or all schools in the specific class throughout the state? Just a few questions

I am happy that there is a team state tournament & that it is classed. Idk if I like that the teams r invited based on last yrs results but I understand the scheduling conflict. Hopefully in the future we can think of a better way & include some in season results as each yr teams can change significantly. I know it can Never be perfect for everyone but I think we r definitely heading in the right direction!

As a wrestling fan I say Thanks!

.missed all this, so there will be 8 teams per class invited to Team State, based upon last yrs results?

What 8 teams per class were invited? Are the rankings only for those 8 teams invited or all schools in the specific class throughout the state? Just a few questions

I am happy that there is a team state tournament & that it is classed. Idk if I like that the teams r invited based on last yrs results but I understand the scheduling conflict. Hopefully in the future we can think of a better way & include some in season results as each yr teams can change significantly. I know it can Never be perfect for everyone but I think we r definitely heading in the right direction!

As a wrestling fan I say Thanks!

Positions were earned based on a point system published by the selection committee before sectional last season.  The point system was designed to award points from individuals' results in the individual tournament in a way that would project team duals' strength in the following season (i.e. most points were scored by underclassmen).  The coaches did a fantastic job, as you can see below.

State Duals Championship participating teams, with current rankings:

3A:

#1 Perry

#2 EMD

#3 Cathedral

(#4 M-ville, #5 CP, declined bids)

#6 Penn

#7 Bloomington South

#8 Franklin

Center Grove (final wildcard)

Elkhart Memorial (FW auto bid)

2A:

#1 Yorktown

#2 Evansville Memorial

#3 Jimtown

#5 Culver Academies

#6 Danville

#7t Heritage Hills

#7t Muncie South

Southmont (New Castle auto bid)

1A:

#1 Adams Central

#2 Churubusco

#3 South Adams

#4 Lewis Cass

#6 Bremen

#7 Milan

#8 Prairie Heights

#10 South Putnam

Positions were earned based on a point system published by the selection committee before sectional last season.  The point system was designed to award points from individuals' results in the individual tournament in a way that would project team duals' strength in the following season (i.e. most points were scored by underclassmen).  The coaches did a fantastic job, as you can see below.

State Duals Championship participating teams, with current rankings:

3A:

#1 Perry

#2 EMD

#3 Cathedral

(#4 M-ville, #5 CP, declined bids)

#6 Penn

#7 Bloomington South

#8 Franklin

Center Grove (final wildcard)

Elkhart Memorial (FW auto bid)

2A:

#1 Yorktown

#2 Evansville Memorial

#3 Jimtown

#5 Culver Academies

#6 Danville

#7t Heritage Hills

#7t Muncie South

Southmont (New Castle auto bid)

1A:

#1 Adams Central

#2 Churubusco

#3 South Adams

#4 Lewis Cass

#6 Bremen

#7 Milan

#8 Prairie Heights

#10 South Putnam

Thanks Mali! Yeah it looks like they did a great job based on current rankings! It will be interesting to see the new rankings that will include some results from how these teams are performing this season. So when us the tournament I thought I seen something like Dec 22? Where will these duals take place? Looks like there will br some very good duals

Thanks in advance!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.