Dodging a Stud!!

SpartanDog

I don't know what others think, but I for one don't like it when I wrestler takes a Inj. default just to dodge a stud. Then wrestle in the next round like nothing is wrong. It's unethical to me. This is what happened at New Castle at 152 Gillium dogdged Mullins in the semi's and wrestled for 3rd. This shouldn't be allowed to happen!!

I don't know what others think, but I for one don't like it when a person gets on a message board and criticizes a high school kid for doing something that they don't have all the story.  It's the rules, you can injury default one round and still wrestle.. there are tons of injuries that could keep someone out of a round and then after a two hour break be better to wrestle.  the loss still goes on the kids record... its unethical to bust out kids here as well and SHOULDN"T be allowed to happen....am I WRONG?!?

I don't know what others think, but I for one don't like it when I wrestler takes a Inj. default just to doge a stud. Then wrestle in the next round like nothing is wrong. It's unethical to me. This is what happened at New Castle at 152 Gillium dogdged Mullins in the semi's and wrestled for 3rd. This shouldn't be allowed to happen!!

This coming from the people who cloud the integrity of the entire Connersville Spartan Classic with their blind draw (lol) that had every Spartan wrestler wrestling underclassmen with weak records to open the tourney, while Cathedral, Roncalli and ER went head to head several times in the first 2 rounds. It's been done for 2 years in a row now, so do you really want to talk ethics???

So what you are saying is that he was hurt?? And I had  nothing to do with anything of how the Spartan Classic was pared. So stop dodging the question. Was he hurt? As I recall it happened a couple years ago in the State finals semi-final round too.

I don't know what others think, but I for one don't like it when I wrestler takes a Inj. default just to dodge a stud. Then wrestle in the next round like nothing is wrong. It's unethical to me. This is what happened at New Castle at 152 Gillium dogdged Mullins in the semi's and wrestled for 3rd. This shouldn't be allowed to happen!!

Connersville has been known to do the same thing...dodge good wrestlers and it isn't because they are hurt...you definitely shouldn't have stirred up the bees nest with this

Connersville has been known to do the same thing...dodge good wrestlers and it isn't because they are hurt...you definitely shouldn't have stirred up the bees nest with this

I understand what you are saying in a dual not to give the other team any momentom. I have no problem with that. That is giving a forfiet not taking a inj. default. Last year in what I think was the ticket round Western Boone wrestler McCloskey was slammed and could've taken the win, but chose to get up and restart only to then inj. default out so as to not DQ the other wrestler. This is the highest form of CLASS from a program and teaches that winning isn't everything.

I understand what you are saying in a dual not to give the other team any momentom. I have no problem with that. 

I would disagree with this. Moving weight classes I have no problem with. Not wrestling to stop momentum is wrong in my book. IT is about competetion and letting it be decided on the mat not by playing games off the mat.

I don't know what others think, but I for one don't like it when a person gets on a message board and criticizes a high school kid for doing something that they don't have all the story.  It's the rules, you can injury default one round and still wrestle.. there are tons of injuries that could keep someone out of a round and then after a two hour break be better to wrestle.  the loss still goes on the kids record... its unethical to bust out kids here as well and SHOULDN"T be allowed to happen....am I WRONG?!?

I may be stepping in the middle of a feud here between other parties, and I am not going to single out a kid, but I agree that this rule is crap.  No, I do not think 2 hours is enough time to miraculously feel well enough to wrestle when he was too injured to wrestle 2 hours earlier.  It is called intentionally taking a dive to conserve energy for the 3rd and 4th place match.  Given the importance of the first round matches on Friday, this is unfair to the other wrestler who did have the courage to wrestle his semi final match at semi state.  If a kid defaults his semi final match, he should most definitely be forced to default his consolation match as well.  I can't believe this is allowed.  The only exception should be if the defaulting wrestler started the match and was injured do to an illegal move such as a slam.  Other than that it's called cheating.  Sorry if you don't agree.  

Is it a possiblity that they will meet again this weekend??????? If so what does it matter....it may have been in the kids best interest for the drawing/seeds we can't spectulate why he ID or the ethics by the staff. Fact of the matter is Gillum is wrestling this weekend. Going from a football state championship to wrestling in the state finals is something to be celebrated not demeaned......IMO (Not to mention ne didn't wrestle last season) ::)

IMO it didnt do gillum any good to dodge mullins....it still gave gillum a loss and if they meet at state mullins will beat him anyway so i dont think that match really mattered.

I think it does matter. I think Gillum has a good shot at competing with Mullins. The same reason that I thought he had a shot at Mullins earlier in Jan. when it was Mullins that didn't make the trip. Decide it on the mat and not on the board. That's all I wanted to see was the high caliber match that didn't happen. McCloskey gave Mullins a tough match and I think Gillum would've done the same.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.