Evansville Semi-State Rankings (Updated with Sectional/Regional Breakdown)

TripleB

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thompson beat Roble 5-1 in conference finals

Epler lost to Swigert 2-1 on crap stalling calls the ref called stalling on Epler right after he took a shot and after the match I overheard Mooresville coaching telling Swigert "we shouldn't have had that one"

swigert   on a roll at 132 winning conference against epler who looked out of shape tring to stall his way to a posible win

smith at 182 looking very tough on his win at conference

underwood at 160 looking unstopable

suter at 285 also looks unstopable

swigert   on a roll at 132 winning conference against epler who looked out of shape tring to stall his way to a posible win

Epler very well could have one that match considering he already has beat him but how was he stalling? Especially when swigert kept backing up its not like epler can do much when swigert is backing up bouncing around and shooting in before he is even in shooting range (hence why he didn't finish any shots or take epler down) the times epler did shoot he came extremely close to scoring and swiggert was often saved by out of bounds or a scramble that ended in neutral

Epler very well could have one that match considering he already has beat him but how was he stalling? Especially when swigert kept backing up its not like epler can do much when swigert is backing up bouncing around and shooting in before he is even in shooting range (hence why he didn't finish any shots or take epler down) the times epler did shoot he came extremely close to scoring and swiggert was often saved by out of bounds or a scramble that ended in neutral

A great example of why we don't leave it up to the officials. Right or wrong call, you compete to the final whistle, especially if you already have a warning for stalling. Having said that, hopefully its a learning experience for both wrestlers and they will undoubtedly see one another soon. A great job by both!

smith at 182 looking very tough on his win at conference

underwood at 160 looking unstopable

suter at 285 also looks unstopable

It didnt look like epler was stalling at all. Everytime they broke from a tie or a scramble swingert would bounce around and then run a soon as he got close.

And "unstopable" come on?

Hey everybody it's been pretty hectic around here with the season wrapping up, sick kids, and classes starting back. I'm going to start working on the update tomorrow and will post as soon as possible. Thanks to everybody for the information, stats, wins/losses, and most of all patience.

Dustin

I know Thacker from Bloomington South is only a Sophmore but I would be surprised if he doesn't punch his ticket to state. He has had 2 close matches with brandenstein which the last i believe was 4-3. I also think Seth Seitzinger may do a little more damage in this semi state as well only losing 3-2 to Kirk Johnson 3-2 at Conference Indiana this past weekend. Maybe someone to look out for would be Brennan Barlow also from South who lost to Bova 8-5 and those points were not given, Barlow had the first take down. Just some thoughts from B-town.

I know Thacker from Bloomington South is only a Sophmore but I would be surprised if he doesn't punch his ticket to state. He has had 2 close matches with brandenstein which the last i believe was 4-3. I also think Seth Seitzinger may do a little more damage in this semi state as well only losing 3-2 to Kirk Johnson 3-2 at Conference Indiana this past weekend. Maybe someone to look out for would be Brennan Barlow also from South who lost to Bova 8-5 and those points were not given, Barlow had the first take down. Just some thoughts from B-town.

Has thacker decided on weight yet? Either weight he probably gets to state.

some kids I seen this weekend that probably need mentioned was BRyant Haynes from Charlestown it held his own with Humphries of Southwestern. Jared Griffith of Providence at 132 wrestled well this weekend. Meenach won conference at 126, the only one that give him any trouble was Humphries. Meenach must have been sick at Jeff Classic because he wrestled very well this weekend. Jacob Hall was pretty impressive at 170 this weekend also.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.