New Castle Semi State Rankings updated with results

zachpierson

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lebanon (assuming those are the Campbells you're referring to) isn't in Hamilton County. It's in Boone County.

Lol my bad! Brain fart thanks for the clarification coach

Can't find many individual results for them and was wondering if I had them at the right weights

Rushville's heavyweight, Joe Garland, is 18-1 so far this year. He pinned Brown from East Central last week and beat Shelbyville's Uhls 4-3 today at Greenwood. He is a junior this year and is probably worth talking about here and in the state rankings. 

Correction....SIR/MAM----Tom Gettinger not PAGE GETTINGER.  Tom is also wrestling 113 @ Spartan Classic this weekend.

what weight will he be if you know.

On the results Page Gettinger from Connersville wrestled 120 this weekend.

Correction....SIR/MAM----Tom Gettinger not PAGE GETTINGER.  Tom is also wrestling 113 @ Spartan Classic this weekend.

Are you serious?  It's just a typo that the " P " is capital in " Page ", he is simply saying on the results page, Gettinger wrestled 120.  He isn't calling him Page, lmao.

I this I hit the shift key on accident and was too lazy to delete it. I know his name is Tom we wrestle Connersville twice before sectionals and they're in our sectional. I just had a typo. now back to topic.

I'm not saying he should be ranked right now but everyone should keep Alex Lynch 285 from Batesville in mind. He's 9-2 with losses to Uhls from Shelbyville and Benard both by pin though. The Spartin Classic was his return from an injury and he finished 2nd. Yes I know the draw had a lot to do with his finshed but all of his victories, minus a forfiet, were to guys who placed in the top 8. In my mind this is impressive considering he only wrestled 8th and freshman year and didn't wrestle the last 2 years. When he wrestled Uhls it was his first match since sectionals 2009 and he froze out there in the middle of a throw. Once again I'm not saying he should be ranked I'm just saying he could be a dark horse. That could change by sectionals though since he'll see Brown from EC twice before then.

wow, some people are just rediculous... You didnt see anyone complaining about you mispelling "ma'am" as "MAM" in your post did you? hahaha

Rushville's heavyweight, Joe Garland, is 18-1 so far this year. He pinned Brown from East Central last week and beat Shelbyville's Uhls 4-3 today at Greenwood. He is a junior this year and is probably worth talking about here and in the state rankings. 

who is his loss to? Regionals could be fun at 285 with Brown, Garland, and Lynch from Batesville Phillips from connersville is solid too.

We should find out a lot more this weekend at North Central.  Many great potential match ups there.

My State finals prediction at 170  Willis vs Irick round 1/  160. Also  Neighbarger vs Harvey.  145 Tatom vs Corsaro

152 Gino Gillum vs Bennet,  132 Larson vs Snider,    HVY Wesley Bernard vs Janney

Wow I can't wait!

In the state rankings I dont understand at Hwt how Garland (Rushville) leaped ahead of Winfield (Perry Meridian)! I know he beat Uhl's & Brown but Winfield is still undefeated also, so he (Winfield) went from 8th to 9th without loosing ???

In the state rankings I dont understand at Hwt how Garland (Rushville) leaped ahead of Winfield (Perry Meridian)! I know he beat Uhl's & Brown but Winfield is still undefeated also, so he (Winfield) went from 8th to 9th without loosing ???

Yea Garland even has a loss but it hasn't been mentioned who beat him which seems like that could affect where he would be ranked.

The rankings are not a perfect science.  It would be nice to know who losses are to, but like it was mentioned earlier, the coaches would have to send in complete results.  It is strange that a wrestler would bound over someone who is undefeated unless that undefeated wrestler has not wrestled anyone, but in Winfields case, that should not be the case.  Seems like if they are ranked, listing losses should be a key as the wins.  Keep up the rankings as they are fun for discussion. 

170 - Philip Centofante (12th/Zionsville)... Win vs. Moore (Lebanon) and Loss (3-4) vs. Ardizzone (Roncalli).

220 - Jacob Aven (10th/Zionsville)... Wins vs. Snyder (Fishers) and Briggeman (Robcalli). Pinned himself in loss vs. Blades (Warren).

EDIT: Aven also has loss to Sanders (Pike)

One heavy weight you might want to add to the mix is Chandler Burkhart from Southmont.  Gave Bernard a strong match and would have to say he is certainly one who could be a top four out of the North Mont Regional.  Likely will be a Sectional Champ coming into that regional.  My guess is that he has only a few losses this year. 

Gearlds from Greenfield-Central at 220 has now beaten #1 Kenny 2-1, #2 Douglas 2-0, and #4 Naughton 6-4 in OT.

Early 195 beat #4 DeLong 3-1, #8 Dixon 23-8,  and Pinned #10 Denney.

McGinley 170 has beaten #4 Iricik by fall and #6 Ardizone by fall.

Farrell 138 beat #7 Vanezia 5-3 OT, #4 Conner James 3-0 and #3 Elsea 9-6.

Locke 126 beat #6 Watson 3-2.

Rose 152 beat #14 Matthews 3-0, Split will #9 Gillum.

Thanks man.  

Gearlds from Greenfield-Central at 220 has now beaten #1 Kenny 2-1, #2 Douglas 2-0, and #4 Naughton 6-4 in OT.

Early 195 beat #4 DeLong 3-1, #8 Dixon 23-8,  and Pinned #10 Denney.

McGinley 170 has beaten #4 Iricik by fall and #6 Ardizone by fall.

Farrell 138 beat #7 Vanezia 5-3 OT, #4 Conner James 3-0 and #3 Elsea 9-6.

Locke 126 beat #6 Watson 3-2.

Rose 152 beat #14 Matthews 3-0, Split will #9 Gillum.

Thanks man.  

220 is hard because Austin has a loss to briggeman but if you beat number one I guess I have to give him the credit he deserves

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.