Surprising/Cinderella Wrestlers This Year......?

I think that there will be some nice surprises that come out of the Mooresville Regional this year.  There are a lot of really good young wrestlers that will do well this year in my opinion.  They could give them Evansville area boys a run for their money this year, not putting down the southern wrestlers here at all.  That is a tough area as all the Regionals are.  I must say though that Danville may have one of the best teams that they have ever had this year.  Avon is making a very nice rebound with their club wrestling.    Should be a great Regional this year....(aren't they always)????

The Jimtown kid will be good needs to learn a little more wrestling. But his athletisism, strength and quickness is what reminds me of JRob.He is also a great kid wanting to learn and get better which he will. The young man fought off his back for over 30 sec. tough kid

The Jimtown kid will be good needs to learn a little more wrestling. But his athletisism, strength and quickness is what reminds me of JRob.He is also a great kid wanting to learn and get better which he will. The young man fought off his back for over 30 sec. tough kid

Lawrence Davis...

I have alot of respect for the young man expecially after talking with him. He will probably be one of the stronger 70lbers and very quick

I wrestle him all the time, and it's hard to believe he is so flexible and quick for as big and strong as he is. I expect him to have a really good season and even though it's not common to go from JV to state, I can see it happening. Not to mention he was JV last year behind Brandon Weinkauf who came very close to making it to state last year.

I wrestle him all the time, and it's hard to believe he is so flexible and quick for as big and strong as he is. I expect him to have a really good season and even though it's not common to go from JV to state, I can see it happening. Not to mention he was JV last year behind Brandon Weinkauf who came very close to making it to state last year.

Ader from Roncalli went from JV to State in the same season...sounds like an achievable accomplishment for "The Lawrence Kid".

Last time I was in the room with Lawrence, he was 176, shouldn't be too much of a problem for him to make 170, considering he cut nearly 15 pounds at one point last year. And Weinkauf from what I have heard weighs over 200, so the chances of him cutting to 170 are very slim. Tanner Adams says he'll probably go 182, so Weinkauf will probably go 195.  And Casey Adams is going to go 160 again this year.

Last time I was in the room with Lawrence, he was 176, shouldn't be too much of a problem for him to make 170, considering he cut nearly 15 pounds at one point last year. And Weinkauf from what I have heard weighs over 200, so the chances of him cutting to 170 are very slim. Tanner Adams says he'll probably go 182, so Weinkauf will probably go 195.  And Casey Adams is going to go 160 again this year.

And there you have it! Thanks Caleb. Make sure to tell Lawrence that he's becoming popular on this forum and not to feel the pressure!  ;)

And there you have it! Thanks Caleb. Make sure to tell Lawrence that he's becoming popular on this forum and not to feel the pressure!  ;)

Literally the first thing I told him after he came off the mat after beating Richards at the preseason open was that he'd be popular on Indianamat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.