Adams Central Team Regional updates?

Boot

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHOOOOO HOOOOOOO  The braves win!!!! now they have to beat carrol!! Whats up now AJ???

Why am I being called out?   I made the following predictions in NOVEMBER!!  I  will say it was a great dual.....

Re: Preseason Awards????

? Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 12:59:30 PM ? Quote Modify Remove  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrestler of the year:  Jason Tsirtsis

Senior wrestler of the year:  Ethan Raley

Freshman of the year:  Cody LeCount

Team champs:  Perry Meridian

Merrillville SS wrestler of the year:  Eric Roach

New Castle SS wrestler of the year:  Connor Mullins

Evansville SS wrestler of the year:  Ethan Raley

Fort Wayne SS wrestler of the year:  Devon Jackson

Surprise state finals team:  Bellmont

Coach of the year:  Greg Schaefer

Congrats Bellmont wrestlers, coaching staff and parents. Good luck at Team State! This was one of best Regionals I have ever witnessed. I vote to Class the Team State Tournament. Indiana needs to move forward!

Jeff Sheets

Where were all the proponents of class 5 years ago?

Wow absolutely one, if not the best dual, I have ever been to! Bellmont showed once again why they are the class of the northeast hats off to them. BJ and the rest of their coaching staff do an amazing job getting their wrestlers to peak at just the right time every year! They have to have one of the best staffs in the state and know how to get every ounce out of their wrestlers. As soon as brooks beat vanhorn I knew it was going to fall their way... just outstanding wrestling by Stebing tonight wrestling with nothing to lose. Great match with hiestand huge win over Timmerman just too bad he couldn't put it together in the individual tournament. WOW is all I can say that loss will stick with Yorktown for a long long time. If you missed it your missed a helluva great night of wrestling at AC!  

It takes alot of pounding to get it through this thick German head of mine. I was not involved in wrestling till 1992 when my eldest son started wrestling, and I do have a golfers mentality. I appreciate what you do karl, as well as all that keeps this website intact.

JEFF SHEETS

Team State started 1996 with Bellmont Middle School coach Sean Faurote on that team ( my first state meet of any kind). Bellmont has been to all but 2 Team State Finals. 1 loss to Yorktown 30-24  at Regional level last year and 1 to Wawasee 31-30 at Semi-State 1997.

Jeff Sheets

I wonder how much second guessing the Yorktown coaches did after the match.

What if Jackson would have gotten the pin points?

What if Hiestand would have gotten some expected bonus points?

What if they juggled there lineup a little bit here or there?

What if they would have landed Meska instead of Van Horn?

Team State started 1996 with Bellmont Middle School coach Sean Faurote on that team ( my first state meet of any kind). Bellmont has been to all but 2 Team State Finals. 1 loss to Yorktown 30-24  at Regional level last year and 1 to Wawasee 31-30 at Semi-State 1997.

Jeff Sheets

Thanks for backing me up Jeff!!!!!

Congrats to Coach Faurote and the Bellmont Braves!!!  Very exciting win last night and nice to see Brooks healthier then last Saturday and to win THE crucial match of the night over Van Horn!!!  I look forward to seeing Brooks punch his state ticket on Saturday at the Coliseum!!!

And, of course the folks from South Adams continue to support and fight for a classed Team tournament!!! We want to join this excitement too!!!!!!!!

60 to 10. we were totally outclassed

It was still a great achievement for your team to win the sectional.  You placed ahead of two and maybe as many as four or five teams that would have beaten you in duals.  The team won because every wrestler did a little bit better than people expected.  All of those little bits added up to one big accomplishment.

I can NEVER pass up an opportunity to go to Monroe!  I am excited they finally put a cell phone tower within 50 miles of the place.

There is no better wrestling writing than that of the Decatur Daily Democrat! 

Someone has Adams County envy!  ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.