Evansville Semi State

navy80

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right....Raley isn't unbeatable......Just unbeatable here in Indiana this year.....

Well almost unbeatable here in Indiana.  Justin Kieffer was able to find a way to pin him at the Connersville Tournament earlier in the year.

The brackets on here are correct.  Garrett Shepard from Paoli was the third place finisher at Jeffersonville, defeating Shane Sneed from Floyd Central 9-5.  I have corrected the mistake with the tournament director and she assured me it will be taken care of with the state.

Thank you.  We were working off what the state had posted.  Once that change is made, we'll make our change.

He really impressed me this weekend. He got a lucky takedown in the beginning, butm the rest of the match it seemed that he just stopped wilsons game. I was even more impressed with his match With Montgomery. He took him down in the first got reversed, in the third Montgomery got an escape and ran. Both good wrestlers from Hendricks county.

Weekley is tough but hasn't been tested that much sometimes seems as if he isn't trying as hard as he could. Maybe his competition isn't that tough, I don't know just from what I see.

Regardless though, should be a great match. Farmer is the underdog, but don't count him out till it is said and done.

To think Farmer beats Weekley at 145 is "sleep walking thru life" Weekley is on a misson, Navy80 wake up

I'm awake! 

I think Weekly is def. the favorite and should win but I see Farmer pulling an big upset. 

I think the Rieker vs Henderson will be a close match. I don't know who has faced the toughest competiton but in conference Rieker was losing by 5 to Gast then threw Gast in a lateral and ended up winning by 1. Could see Gast as a sleeper if he wrestles well.

True I have heard a lot of talk on hear about the Danville kid my guess will come down to first take down or a last second escape/ takedown.

I think the Rieker vs Henderson will be a close match. I don't know who has faced the toughest competiton but in conference Rieker was losing by 5 to Gast then threw Gast in a lateral and ended up winning by 1. Could see Gast as a sleeper if he wrestles well.

True I have heard a lot of talk on hear about the Danville kid my guess will come down to first take down or a last second escape/ takedown.

I think you may be a little confused!!

He really impressed me this weekend. He got a lucky takedown in the beginning, butm the rest of the match it seemed that he just stopped wilsons game. I was even more impressed with his match With Montgomery. He took him down in the first got reversed, in the third Montgomery got an escape and ran. Both good wrestlers from Hendricks county.

Obviously you did not watch the same match I watched.  Montgomery up 3-2 in the 3rd and shoots (to score I might add) between legs and lifts while Thompson gets hit with scissors around the head to stop the takedown.  Score 4-2 and Thompson never took a shot after that or pushed the pace.  In our neck of the woods we call that smart wrestling not running, but it all depends on which side of the fence your on I guess.  If you need to see the match again, I can send it to you.  All the respect to Thompson who is a good wrestler.  That was the 4th time they met this season with the same outcome.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.