multiple 30 win qualifers

madman36

I would assume so though I have noticed a few deep weight classes do well in the tournament before.  Every so often one sectional has got four wrestler in one weight class to semi-state (three under the old system).  On a few occasions I have even see three wrestlers from the same sectional weight make state but not sure if four wrestlers from the same sectional have ever made it to state before.

the closest to that at crown point was at 103.  fuqua, buckley and micic all have 31, 33, and 35 wins respectively.  the 4th place guy from lowell had 20 wins.

it would not surprise me at all to see those top 3 guys down at indy in a few weeks.

Mishawaka sectionals had 2 come close -

145 had Lunford at 37, Angelmyer at 34, Logan at 29, Reynolds-Smith at 34

125 had Binion at 34, Chapple at 32, Howell-Bey at 20, Ullery at 32 (5th place Johnson at 26)

New Castle's Campbell ( 103, 112, 119) and Mullins 112, 130, 152) have had 40+ wins after sedctionals 3 years in a row.

wow... we wont even have 40 matches after region!!!!!!

wow... we wont even have 40 matches after region!!!!!!

Yeah I find it so weird that some guys have over 40 matches going into sectionals.  Then you have my school who had 25 matches going into sectionals.  Does the total number of matches you wrestle rest solely on the Athletic Director?

Yeah I find it so weird that some guys have over 40 matches going into sectionals.  Then you have my school who had 25 matches going into sectionals.  Does the total number of matches you wrestle rest solely on the Athletic Director?

I think the biggest factor is how many super duals the school schedules.  Some schools wrestle multiple weekends with 7 - 10 matches.

The IHSAA by-laws give each team/wrestler 18 points to use on your schedule. You must use 4 of those points on dual meets or you don't get to use those 4 points. You can only wrestle one time per dual so that is four matches. The other 14 points can be used on tournaments. Each tournament counts as 2 points. A one day individual tournament where it is double elimination and you only get two matches counts the same 2 points on you schedule as a two day tournament where you wrestle the maximum of 5 matches each day. So If you wrestle 7 tournaments that are two day tournaments with 5 matches each that equals 70 matches. You could actually wrestle 74 matches before sectional.

4 duals = 4 matches = 4 points.

7 (2 day) tournaments = 70 matches = 14 points.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.