SIAC thoughts so far.

niceshot

I'm really looking forward to the SIAC tourney this year.  Usually there is a weight class or two that has a lot of parity but this year there are 4-5 weight classes that are really interesting.  112,119,130, and 145 are all great weight classes to watch this year.  You add in matches like Moody vs Henderson and Sims vs Welch and Castle gym is gonna be rockin. 

I think Kelley is Central's 135 lber. and shouldn't be overlooked.  The kid is a heck of a wrestler.  Very smooth.

Kelley wrestled 130 for Central against MD...tough wrestler...and just a freshman, he'll be good for the Central program in the years to come.

would be good move for him

Very true. If he drops to 103 he could possible squeeze out a 3rd at best. I don't see him coming close to beating Kuhn or Vibbert/Seng. Same at 112 i don't see him being able to beat Goebel or Johns. At 112 he is very lucky to get 4th.

I agree that Mattison would do a lot better than 3rd at 103.  IMO, he would just out-man most 103 pounders.  He is a pretty big 112, and 103 is NINE pounds lighter.  But, I would be surprised if he could get all the way down to there; he would be scary thin.  If he got down to 103 I would not be surprised at all if he made it to Conseco.  He would literally be a man among boys.

Very true. If he drops to 103 he could possible squeeze out a 3rd at best. I don't see him coming close to beating Kuhn or Vibbert/Seng. Same at 112 i don't see him being able to beat Goebel or Johns. At 112 he is very lucky to get 4th.

mattison has already beat johns at 112 has he not?

103:  Kuhn R - Vibbert isnt 103 anymore

112:  Goebel MD

119:  Wedding ME

125:  Moody R

130:  Kelley CE

135:  Schroeder MD

140:  Rueger R

145:  Hard to pick a champ to many good wrestlers

152:  Welch CA

160:  Welch CA

171:  Brandenstein MD

189:  Boots MD

215:  idk

285:  VanWinkle MD

What's with all the negitive comments about Mastison?  Who has he lost to at 112?  He is very tall and lanky and is doing just fine at 112.  I think he will be in the finals.

I do not like the way he wrestlers and i have found him to be very direspectful. But yes I heard he "beat" Johns 1-0. But from what I was told was that he never did anything. He stalled for straight minutes then chose down and Johns let him up to go neutral and he stalled out the rest of the 3rd. So from what I have been told he stalled for 6 straight minutes. I think Johns will either major or worse against him next time. I could see JOhns possibly sticking him next time.

We will know more after this weekend.

This will upset some people

Most athletic wrestler in each weight class

103 kuhn

112 tough one goeble

119 vanhook

125henderson

130 mangold

135dowdy

140 ruegger

145 whetstine

152 welch

160 sims

171 king

189 boots

215 schnarre

Hwt vanwinkle

We will know more after this weekend.

This will upset some people

Most athletic wrestler in each weight class

103 kuhn

112 tough one goeble

119 vanhook

125henderson

130 mangold

135dowdy

140 ruegger

145 whetstine

152 welch

160 sims

171 king

189 boots

215 schnarre

Hwt vanwinkle

whats your thoughts on the top four instead of just first

I do not like the way he wrestlers and i have found him to be very direspectful. But yes I heard he "beat" Johns 1-0.

I dont know him personally, but he seems to be a soft-spoken, hard-working kid who loves wrestling.  I don't know how you came to the conclusion that he was disrespectful.

I do not like the way he wrestlers and i have found him to be very direspectful. But yes I heard he "beat" Johns 1-0. But from what I was told was that he never did anything. He stalled for straight minutes then chose down and Johns let him up to go neutral and he stalled out the rest of the 3rd. So from what I have been told he stalled for 6 straight minutes. I think Johns will either major or worse against him next time. I could see JOhns possibly sticking him next time.

If you don't personally know the kid you shouldn't comment on his character. He is a very respectful and nice kid. I have had the pleasure of working with him some the last couple years and he is far from how you explained. If he was stalling that bad then it's the ref's job to decide it and Johns job to make it obvious.

If you don't personally know the kid you shouldn't comment on his character. He is a very respectful and nice kid. I have had the pleasure of working with him some the last couple years and he is far from how you explained. If he was stalling that bad then it's the ref's job to decide it and Johns job to make it obvious.

Johns was making it obvious. But then again it was at the Harrison 10-way so it doesn't surprise me the refs didn't call it. The 10-way has some pretty bad referees from the times I have been there and watching. They miss a ton of calls. Johns did everything he could to push the pace and attack. Mastison continued to back up and that is why when they meet on neutral ground like SIAC Johns will destroy him because Mastison will be forced to wrestle.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.