Thanks Anderson Silva...

Jimtown 138

Thanks for letting me waste 45 bucks on that sorry display Saturday night. Amazing! I am now an ex-fan.

I got up at 4:30 that morning to take my sons to a wrestling tourney and then stayed up until 1:00 in the morning, just to see a track meet instead of a fight.

At least Edgar and Hughes came to fight. >:(

Here is an interesting perspective on the PPV

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/UFC-112-Post-Mortem-Spider-Squashed-Underdog-Special-More-23787

I still like Silva when he is on game but his preformances as of lately have not been anywhere up to par.  As mentioned in the article the fans are growing tired of the new Silva.  At this point something thing needs to change soon (new wieght, bring in fighters, attitude adjustment, etc.) for him to gain some of his reputation back.  If not maybe he should retire (as he hinted about before) if he is in fact getting sick of the grind.

I was also a bit disappointed that the event wasn't actually live. My son knew that BJ got beat earlier in the afternoon and I told him not to tell us anymore results. I feel that UFC owes me some money... :o

Well when its in the exact opposite side of the world that makes it hard to do it live at a time that works for both areas.  I do agree the tape delayed shows need to be at a reduced price (or free on Spike as has been in the past) since you could find tons of  information on it prior to the viewing.  At that point its almost like a replay of the event.  But, if the UFC think it can get money out of the average fan who doesn't even realize its not live then they will.

Ben Askren is fighting live on Thursday night for Bellator on the Fox Sports package....if you get that.  Last Thursday Joe Warren (former Greco World Champ) won his first bout in the tournament setting Bellator conducts.  Every THURSDAY!!!

StrikeForce is having a live event this Saturday on CBS .... both productions are viable alternatives for a mma fan.

Check them out if you have the opportunity...you will not be dissappointed.... Gegard Mousasi and "King" Mo Lawal is gonna be wicked!!!

I was happy for Munoz as well, with that win he avenged fellow wrestler Rosholts loss!

Ben Askren is fighting live on Thursday night for Bellator on the Fox Sports package....if you get that.  Last Thursday Joe Warren (former Greco World Champ) won his first bout in the tournament setting Bellator conducts.  Every THURSDAY!!!

StrikeForce is having a live event this Saturday on CBS .... both productions are viable alternatives for a mma fan.

Check them out if you have the opportunity...you will not be dissappointed.... Gegard Mousasi and "King" Mo Lawal is gonna be wicked!!!

I was happy for Munoz as well, with that win he avenged fellow wrestler Rosholts loss!

I also am interested in seeing Shields vs. Hendo.  The last time I saw Shields against Mayhem Miller, he outwrestled him.  That will be tough to do against Hendo.

I don't know how you guys can just hate on Silva, I mean hes clearly the best fighter in the WORLD right now.....  I am not a fighter, but im sure it is difficult to fight someone who wont fight back...  Maia had no intention of fighting Silva all he wanted to do was lay on his back the entire fight.. If Maia landed a punch he would instantly go to his back bold strategy  :-\  Yeah the fight wasn't impressive, but that is what happens when nobody in the world is on your level, it takes no effort for Silva to defeat the opponents he has been facing.  If you watched the fight you would know that Silva could have ended the fight whenever he wanted he knocked Maia down 4 times in the first 2 rounds with leg kicks. 

Who's next??  I mean I would love to see a fight between GSP and Silva completely contrasting styles it would make for a great fight.  The problem is that Silva cuts to make 205 cuts even more to make 185 and seeing as GSP wont go up to 185 it looks like Silva would have to cut to 170, which probably will never happen.  It is very unfortunate that GSP has nobody to fight at his weight and that Silva has nobody to fight at either 185 or 205..  we know that Silva Machida wont happen.... so lets see Silva move up to HWT and take on some people that actually stand a chance.

Or maybe the UFC can sign someone like Gegard Mousasi and have Silva fight him.............  Just my opinion on things its hard to impress people when your so much better than everyone, and your expected to have a spectacular knockout everytime you go out there.

I don't know how you guys can just hate on Silva, I mean hes clearly the best fighter in the WORLD right now.....  I am not a fighter, but im sure it is difficult to fight someone who wont fight back...  Maia had no intention of fighting Silva all he wanted to do was lay on his back the entire fight.. If Maia landed a punch he would instantly go to his back bold strategy  :-\  Yeah the fight wasn't impressive, but that is what happens when nobody in the world is on your level, it takes no effort for Silva to defeat the opponents he has been facing.  If you watched the fight you would know that Silva could have ended the fight whenever he wanted he knocked Maia down 4 times in the first 2 rounds with leg kicks.  

Who's next??   I mean I would love to see a fight between GSP and Silva completely contrasting styles it would make for a great fight.  The problem is that Silva cuts to make 205 cuts even more to make 185 and seeing as GSP wont go up to 185 it looks like Silva would have to cut to 170, which probably will never happen.   It is very unfortunate that GSP has nobody to fight at his weight and that Silva has nobody to fight at either 185 or 205..  we know that Silva Machida wont happen.... so lets see Silva move up to HWT and take on some people that actually stand a chance.

Or maybe the UFC can sign someone like Gegard Mousasi and have Silva fight him.............   Just my opinion on things its hard to impress people when your so much better than everyone, and your expected to have a spectacular knockout everytime you go out there.

I don't recall Maia laying on his back most of the fight.  Yes he did try to pull guard multiple times in the fight.  But most of this was only after Silva danced around and did little else most of the fight.In fact much of the time he was standing or moving slowly forward towards Silva when he even admits standup is not his game.  He's not going to go full force into anyone from a stance but he was still tried to engage Silva who was content with striking once and then dancing around.   Heck the punch/kick count of the first few round I could almost count on one hand which shows Silva was just playing around.  If he's that good (which he is) then put together some combination and finish the fight.  He doesn't feel its worth standing and striking with a much lesser opponent then take it to the ground and show that your BBJ is as good as you always say it is.  Silva would hit one quick strike and then dance the entire fight.   He was was content with just playing around and not actually fighting.  Sure he may be the best in the world but you show that by how you fight not by screwing around the entire fight because you feel the guys isn't up to your level and shouldn't be in the fight.  

You may want to read or watch any of Dana White's comments about this contest.  He even said it was the most disappinted he had ever been after a title fight.  Then went on to say he would rather people say they wont buy fights because Silva finishes them to fast than for people say they wont buy because of what Silva did against Maia.  Later on during an interview he said if it happened againthat bad he would cut Silva even if he was the P4P best in the world(most respectable thing I have heard Dana say if he actually would do it)..  Sounds like Silva's boss feels the same ways as most of the fans and reporters do about this match.  Now I don't expect Silva to finish the fights in 10sec. but at least show you are very skilled by doing multiple attacks from stand up and on the ground then just finish it.  Instead he tried to humilate Miai but all that did was highlight your dance skills and make it a 5 round embarassment for Silva.  Heck the crowd was chanting the guys name who was getting picked appart and then GSP's name who wasn't even in the fight.  

As I mentioned before I think Silva is just over the grind of things when he doesn't have a worthy opponent to face  (like Penn is sometimes). To me that should be retiring or at least taking a long break from fighting.  Instead he seem content with acting like a fool and keeping lesser talented fighters in the contest.

My feelings after Saturday's fight with Silva was one I used to have watching Mike Tyson when he was coming up through the ranks. The fight would last ten seconds and it would be "Man I paid for that?"!

At least Tyson finished fights...

Maybe we're all being duped by Dana White. Who's to say Silva didn't go out there and make a jerk out of himself on purpose just so we'll all pay money to see him get his butt kicked... :o

Excellent, excellent!!!! Where's the Spider defenders at?

Not here.  I love Anderson Silva but that performance now means we have GSP 2.0 at 185, unwilling to fight, instead playing it safe and coasting to victory as long as it means take no chances what so ever of getting hit.  It's a shame really, GSP has so much talent, but chooses to just hold guys down and try to twist an arm or bend an elbow.  Maybe it's contagious.  Perhaps Penn will go out there and stand around and do little to nothing in his title defense...