Illinois is in TROUBLE!

Y2CJ41

BIG TROUBLE!

Team USA vs. Team Illinois

112 No. 5 Blake Thomas (Brentwood, TN) vs. Miko Villanueva (Dundee Crown)

119 No. 1 Ryak Finch (Safford, AZ) vs. Logan Arlis (Batavia)

125 No. 3 @130 Devin Carter (Christianburg, VA) vs. Josh Katz (Deerfield)

130 No. 1 Frank Cagnina (Queen of Peach, NJ) vs. No. 10 Keith Surber (O'Fallon)

135 No. 2 Ryan Nieman (Bullock Creek, MI) vs. No. 8 Chris Dardanes (Oak Park River Forest)

140 No. 2 @145 Chris Villalonga (Blair Academy, NJ) vs. No. 4 Nick Dardanes (Oak Park River Forest)

145 No. 1 Andrew Alton (Central Mountain, PA) vs. Demetrios Mitchell (Hersey)

152 No. 1 Dylan Alton (Central Mountain, PA) vs. Joey Moorhouse (Marengo)

160 No. 1 Marshall Peppelman (Central Dauphin, PA) vs. Joe Strocchia (Hinsdale Central)

171 No. 2 Derek Garcia (Sedro-Wolley, WA) vs. Andy Spangler (Neuqua Valley)

189 No. 1 Mike Evans (Blair Academy, NJ) vs. No. 4 Lee Munster (Grant)

215 No. 3 Trevor Rupp (Pocatello, ID) vs. Matt Dwyer (Hononegah)

285 No. 1 Michael McMullen (Wyoming Seminary, PA) vs. Andrew Ellington (Edwardsville)

Dream Team Coach: Rex Peckinpaugh (New Castle, IN)

Congrats to Coach Peckinpaugh on this recognition.

Illinois wins at 119, 135,140, 189

I don't know about 119 and 135,  but I would give solid wins to the USA team at 140 and 189.  I've seen both Villalonga and Evans wrestle this year -- they are both absolute beasts.  Villalonga is strong but wrestles with more of a quick, fluid style -- he has uncanny balance and is going to be very tough to get out of position.  Evans is not a huge 189 pounder, but he is a man among boys.  This guy will ruin your weekend.  Don't know him personally or anything but you can see that the guy has a mean streak -- and will get very physical with whoever he's against.

Congrats to Coach Peckinpaugh!  This USA lineup is a really impressive group of wrestlers.  I'd guess that of the 13 weight classes, 4 or 5 of these will be national champs at some time in college.

It is an honor for me to be asked to coach in this event and to represent Indiana.  I think when I looked at the line-up it was kind of like the time several years ago when we had a move in and he came to his first practice.  We were running across the room and when he came to the wall he ran up it and did a back flip landed on his feet and spun around and kept running to the other wall where he did the same thing.  I remember turning to my assistant and saying, "you know, I think I can coach this kid."

It is an honor for me to be asked to coach in this event and to represent Indiana.  I think when I looked at the line-up it was kind of like the time several years ago when we had a move in and he came to his first practice.  We were running across the room and when he came to the wall he ran up it and did a back flip landed on his feet and spun around and kept running to the other wall where he did the same thing.  I remember turning to my assistant and saying, "you know, I think I can coach this kid."

I could coach that kid.......lol

youu wouldn't happen to be talking about terrell coatie would you coach?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.