Dance celebration????

AJ

Why would Guerra start dancing after his win?  He cost Mishawaka a team point.... Doesnt make sense......

It didn't make sense to me either AJ. I didn't understand the headgear getting thrown into the stands after the match either. I didn't expect that from Mishawaka kid. I guess he got caught up in the moment.

Looked like he was lucky he didn't get called for the slam after the whistle.

I was in the stands and I barely heard the whistle and if I remember correctly he already had the guy up and was on his way down with him when the whistle was blown. You might have a different opinion but it is asking a lot of a kid to just stop completely when he hears a faint whistle and he has all that adrenaline going in the final match of his career (I think he is a senior) in the team state finals.

Big props to the Yorktown mom who yelled, "Oh get up you crybaby." when one of the MHS wrestlers was down for either an ankle or knee injury. I was on the MHS side and we all heard it clear as day. I really hope she sleeps better tonight knowing that she paid her $8 to make make fun of a high school kid.

The oversensitivity of people these days frightens me.  I am certainly not advocating being disrespectful, but people act like if someone yells out or boos that the self esteem of these fragile little boys is g0ing to be shattered for life.  All that sensitivity training in schools is really paying off.  Many of these kids are going to be shot at in Afghanistan next year.

Please with all the "children" and the "high school" kid drama.  Is this a soap opera or is it wrestling?

Well I don't understand your Afghanistan line and how that relates but whatever...

I'm not saying the self esteem of a "young poor high school kid" is crushed when someone yells out or boos...I'm sure everyone can agree that wrestlers are some of the toughest SOBs out there and can handle just about anything you throw at them. All I'm saying the timing of this ladies, "cry baby" rant was ill-timed. When someone goes down with an injury I would hope the fans are knowledgeable enough not to mock them.

Smooth not sure what you mean about never being impressed by Mish. sportmanship. I know it was terrible for a 18 year to celebrate after a big win, and I suppose all the Mish. wrestlers for that matter did something unsportman like. They probable should not have celebrated at all. They only won the state. I didn't see it.

I was in the stands and I barely heard the whistle and if I remember correctly he already had the guy up and was on his way down with him when the whistle was blown. You might have a different opinion but it is asking a lot of a kid to just stop completely when he hears a faint whistle and he has all that adrenaline going in the final match of his career (I think he is a senior) in the team state finals.

Big props to the Yorktown mom who yelled, "Oh get up you crybaby." when one of the MHS wrestlers was down for either an ankle or knee injury. I was on the MHS side and we all heard it clear as day. I really hope she sleeps better tonight knowing that she paid her $8 to make make fun of a high school kid.

Hey I don't have a dog in the race. I was watching on line and heard the whistle clear enought to think that he could have easily gotten called for a slam. Congrats to both Mish and Yorktown great year for both programs.

I know it was terrible for a 18 year to celebrate after a big win, and I suppose all the Mish. wrestlers for that matter did something unsportman like. They probable should not have celebrated at all. They only won the state. I didn't see it.

If you are referring to the dance that Guerra did, I would disagree.  He was not celebrating a big win.  That was a planned dance.  He was not a young man who pulled off a big win and reacted.  He didnt even start his dance until Hiestand was taking his ankle bands off.  

I have no issue when someone gets a big win and stands up and yells with excitement or jumps into his coaches arms, but what he did was different. This was outside the realm of moment of excitement or adrenaline.  Which is why he cost the team a point.

A team should celebrate when they win a title. Be proud of your accomplishments, but dont be unsportsmanlike?

Smooth not sure what you mean about never being impressed by Mish. sportmanship. I know it was terrible for a 18 year to celebrate after a big win, and I suppose all the Mish. wrestlers for that matter did something unsportman like. They probable should not have celebrated at all. They only won the state. I didn't see it.

So, basically, because he is 18 and had a big win, that gives him free reign to do whatever he wants after the match?  Suppose Hiestand won that match and did a crotch chop.  Would that have been OK by you?  There is a big difference between being pumped up and celebrating a big win vs. doing something in bad taste.

Agree with some of the other posts.  There is a significant difference between celebrating and showing up the other team.  I've seen enough of this from Mishawaka wrestlers in the past that I'm not longer surprised when it happens. 

I really think it was a big win and from   the many threads on this forum that were saying NONE of the merriville semi state 1325 lbers could beat any of the top 5 from fort wayne at least some people think the MHS wrestler was the underdog. If you think it was planned thats is okay this is america and you have your right to believe anything. I didn't see it that way so we can agree to disagree. I guess that at individual state there was a ton of disrespecting the losing wrestler. apparently if you can't take a way a team point in an individual tournament it is okay to do.  As far as his dancing carreer i don't think it is going to work out for him if that is a planned dance. And imo that dance was not anywhere near a crotch chop but i guess can agree to disagree on that also.

I really think it was a big win and from   the many threads on this forum that were saying NONE of the merriville semi state 1325 lbers could beat any of the top 5 from fort wayne at least some people think the MHS wrestler was the underdog. If you think it was planned thats is okay this is america and you have your right to believe anything. I didn't see it that way so we can agree to disagree. I guess that at individual state there was a ton of disrespecting the losing wrestler. apparently if you can't take a way a team point in an individual tournament it is okay to do.  As far as his dancing carreer i don't think it is going to work out for him if that is a planned dance. And imo that dance was not anywhere near a crotch chop but i guess can agree to disagree on that also.

I don't think it's right for anyone to have unsportsmanlike behavior (even in the Individual state tournament, where teams cannot be penalized).  We were just talking about this specific example.  I would feel the  same over other unsportsmanlike conduct.  I guess my bigger point was that I've seen it enough from Mishawaka that it starts to become a pattern.  Congrats to Mishawaka on their state championship.  They are very impressive wrestlers.  I just hope everyone can be a good winner, a good loser, and overall a good ambassador of this sport.  Maybe that's asking too much out of high school students, but that is the standard I hope they strive for.

As a mishawaka fan, i will say this, after watching the replay on broadcastsport.net, what guerra did was worth a penalty point deduction. That being said, these are kids, kids make bad choices sometimes, heck adults make bad decisions sometimes. Fact is, what was done was wrong, but I am willing to bet that everyone of us has done something wrong at some point in time. But to bash a kid for this mistake on a message board is completely unacceptable. In the words of Christ,"He who has no sin may cast the first stone."

As a mishawaka fan, i will say this, after watching the replay on broadcastsport.net, what guerra did was worth a penalty point deduction. That being said, these are kids, kids make bad choices sometimes, heck adults make bad decisions sometimes. Fact is, what was done was wrong, but I am willing to bet that everyone of us has done something wrong at some point in time. But to bash a kid for this mistake on a message board is completely unacceptable. In the words of Christ,"He who has no sin may cast the first stone."

Very well said....