FW SS Updates

goul149

Wow, ironically, the Elkhart guys that run broadcast sport can't provide even an ounce of information...brackets, sound, video, anything, while the rest of the semi-states are either covered or have people posting updates up to the minute.  What's going on in Fort Wayne???  Someone has to have more than Yorktown results????

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I replayed the match a couple times, heres the scoring, Hogendobler takedown, Hogendobler 3 nearfall cradle, Hogendobler 2 nearfall(7-0), Weber reaches back while Chris is on top and gets a headlock 2 reversal 3 nearfall(7-5), 3rd period Chris takes bottom, escape 1, takedown 2, about 40 seconds left 3rd period Chris cradle 3 nearfall (13-5), Weber headlocks reversal (13-7) pin! The only move Weber threw on Hogendobler was headlock while Chris was in dominating position, 3-4 headlock attemps with no results and two with results, he did no other moves, and yes he did not need other moves because he won. My point being the only move Weber threw the whole match was defensive headlock, 4-5 times, once gaining 5 points, Chris should have expected it coming again. And nothing against Weber he is a very good wrestler.

I replayed the match a couple times, heres the scoring, Hogendobler takedown, Hogendobler 3 nearfall cradle, Hogendobler 2 nearfall(7-0), Weber reaches back while Chris is on top and gets a headlock 2 reversal 3 nearfall(7-5), 3rd period Chris takes bottom, escape 1, takedown 2, about 40 seconds left 3rd period Chris cradle 3 nearfall (13-5), Weber headlocks reversal (13-7) pin! The only move Weber threw on Hogendobler was headlock while Chris was in dominating position, 3-4 headlock attemps with no results and two with results, he did no other moves, and yes he did not need other moves because he won. My point being the only move Weber threw the whole match was defensive headlock, 4-5 times, once gaining 5 points, Chris should have expected it coming again. And nothing against Weber he is a very good wrestler.

sounds like a great match from reading your post. put  it on youtube so we can all see it. remember when i was a kid (early 70's) coach used to call the headlock a muscle move. by the mid 80's after several of us started going to greco tourney's and throw camps,  it was no longer a muscle move in our coaches eyes. we found out  the how, when, and where to hit it. the score can be 14 - 0 only seconds left and you can still lose! in my eyes... if you respect it, know how to use it, it is one of the best moves it the sport. if you get thrown by a reach back headlock, well you are riding too high and or hanging your head, get an anchor and this will not happen. if you get thrown in a headlock from your feet, your hips were higher than your opponent, you were driving in wrong, and had the wrong tie.

sounds like a great match from reading your post. put  it on youtube so we can all see it. remember when i was a kid (early 70's) coach used to call the headlock a muscle move. by the mid 80's after several of us started going to greco tourney's and throw camps,  it was no longer a muscle move in our coaches eyes. we found out  the how, when, and where to hit it. the score can be 14 - 0 only seconds left and you can still lose! in my eyes... if you respect it, know how to use it, it is one of the best moves it the sport. if you get thrown by a reach back headlock, well you are riding too high and or hanging your head, get an anchor and this will not happen. if you get thrown in a headlock from your feet, your hips were higher than your opponent, you were driving in wrong, and had the wrong tie.

Yes I'll try to put it on YouTube Monday, I'm working at the firestation today.

Mr. Hog,

I have watched many matches with Garrett Weber, it was no surprise he hit a headlock.  Everyone that has seen him wrestle knows what is coming, but in all honesty, you still can't prevent it from happening.  Weber is a unique type of wrestler, very similar to Jacob Tonte.  He is never out of a match and certainly makes matches exciting to watch.  He has beaten many very good wrestlers with his style and that is what makes wrestling so great.  He is not particularly athletic or strong, but somehow he has developed a style that suits him and his personality and been extremely successful with it.  He has won numerous state titles throughout the years and will continue to be a dangerous wrestler. 

Your son was by no means caught in a headlock.

sorry if i made it sound as if someone got caught.  makes me want to start a thread about the best headlock wrestlers in Indiana. my vote of course would be from the late 80's. MATT MORRIN.... national greco champion for team Indiana back in the day... i was one of his victims.. at the Atlanta open. almost stopped him then at greco state but fell short by a point. LOVE THE HEADLOCK! PERIOD!

Well put Mr. Administrator.  Weber is very flexible and can do what I as a coach calls "the forbidden sin of wrestling" by reaching back for the head.  When I wrestled many (blank) ago we had a young man on our team who could do the same.  It always made for an exciting match and you could never count the kid out until the final whistle blew.

Haha, I love "the forbidden sin of wrestling."  It is fun to talk to Mason about coaching Weber.  If all wrestling matches were as exciting as Weber's wrestling would be more popular than football.  Either that or there would be numerous heart attacks at each meet because of the ups and downs in each match.

Mr. Hog,

I have watched many matches with Garrett Weber, it was no surprise he hit a headlock.  Everyone that has seen him wrestle knows what is coming, but in all honesty, you still can't prevent it from happening.  Weber is a unique type of wrestler, very similar to Jacob Tonte.  He is never out of a match and certainly makes matches exciting to watch.  He has beaten many very good wrestlers with his style and that is what makes wrestling so great.  He is not particularly athletic or strong, but somehow he has developed a style that suits him and his personality and been extremely successful with it.  He has won numerous state titles throughout the years and will continue to be a dangerous wrestler. 

Your son was by no means caught in a headlock.

He was caught in a headlock. You don't wait until you have thirteen points against you and go "now's the time"...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.