Upsetting injuries

muffincakes

Name some of this years or past years most upsetting injuries in state or the run to state. I was injured this year and was at least going to be a semi-state qualifier. (That came off as really cocky but I would have been.) Drake Stein last year was a bad one as well

Geoff Getts- Garrett

2009- 28-7, got hurt in the semi-finals of sectional and defaulted out.  Earlier in the season defeated the 3rd and 4th place finishers at sectional.  The 3rd place finisher qualified for semi-state.

2010- 19-10, got hurt at conference wrestling an undefeated wrestler(score was 1-0 or 0-0 at the time).  Beat the 3rd place finisher at sectional by major decision a few weeks ago. 

Thanks Cali,

Good Luck to you and Andre, Looks like he's got a good shot to make the show this year!

We will see he is feeling really good and he has had alot of big matches I think that will help him the further he can make it. Keep up the good work, we will be pulling for you next season.

Cheaney Dale this year.  What a bummer for him. Not sure it was an injury but never the less it is heartbreaking.   Gino Gillum at Cathedral.

Then I would have to say Mike Hawkins of Mooresville in 1978.

Jeremy Hill of Jimtown braking his collar bone first round at semi-state last year.  What was cool was alot of the kids at 135 lbs ( Taylor March, Matthew Gerber, Steve Ferrah, and Doug Kleinknight) all came up to Jeremy later to see if he was ok, and feeling sorry for him.

Ray Shepherd  1986  completely dislocated colarbone from sternum in quarter finals of semi state.  Went on to win the match.  Then won in the semis.  Inj default in the finals.  Won Friday night at state.  Lost to eventual state champ Buzz Mieras(sp) from Mater Dei.  Beat Mieras earlier in the year in OT.  Finished 6th.  Not to bad for wrestling with one arm.  Was undefeated when he got injured.

Jack Crawford - Culver Military Academy

Went 6-27 as a freshman and took 6th in sectionals.

Last season he was 32-1 as a sophomore and tore his labrum. He was seeded #1 in sectionals and had to withdraw the Wednesday before.

This season he was 10-1 (only loss was an injury default because his shoulder was giving him grief). The Wednesday before sectionals yet again he tore his MCL and yet again had to withdraw from sectionals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.