119-moody- Lannert

125-Henderson-Brown or Solawski

130-Dowdy-Schrader

135- Reuger-konrath

140-Chamberlain-Whetstine

145-Welch-Sims

152-Welch- Marshal

160-Brandonstein-Smith

171-Stein-Weiss (See how Boots competes too)

189-Rosebrock-Price

215-

285-Daughtery- Wimpleburg(Reitz)

Look for weikel to come in at 160. He will br coming out strong. Don't count brown out at 125. You never know what he can do either. I see all three welches in the finals. Little welch can beat wedding again. 215 is just a mess this year state-wide no real favorite

Not much love for MD on that list form Mtvwrestlingdad that's for sure but I think henderson will get the nod at 125 the Welch twins are going to be hard to beat but Sims looked good at sectionals I've not seen enough of MD to know and really coment on them but we'll see what Saturday afternoon brings us when the dust settles.

Jon H, the panthers looked good at Central some things just didn't go your way, If MD didn't make it through sectionals I would have wanted Reitz to go all the way. Next year should be fun too, but there's plenty more wrestling to watch this year. Good luck West Side!

My picks for top 3 in order:

103 Hall, Vanhook, Vibbert.

112 Kuhn, Welch, Wedding.

119 Moody, Griesmer, Lannert.  Quinton could beat Lannert for the 3.

125 Henderson, Hoehn, Sulawske.

130 Schroeder, Melliff, Dowdy.  Pretty sure of these three, but the order could be switched for all.

135 Rueger, Konrath, Hodge.

140 Meurer, Raben, Chamberlain.  Whetstine could slide in here and the order could be changed, depends who shows up to wrestle.

145 Welch, Simms, Voegel.  As close to a lock as you can get.

152 Welch, Marshall, Colavechia.  Boyle could replace Colvechia.

160 Smith, Weikel, Brandenstein.  Weikel and Brandenstein could flipflop, but I doubt it.

171 Stein, Weiss, Boots.

189 Rosebrock, Price, Sandwith.  Lock.

215 Froelich, Daugherty, Vanwinkle.

285 Daugherty, Hammelman, Wimpleberg.

Thats the best I could do With the information I have.

103 Hall over Vanhook

112 Kuhn over Welch

119 Griesemer over Moody

125 Hoehn over Sulawske

130 Schroeder over Meliff

135 Rueger VS Konrath

140 Whetstine over Chamberlain

145 Sims Over Welch (personally a coin toss I think ???)

152 Welch over Rickenbaugh

160 Smith over Brandenstein

171 Weiss over Stein

189 Rosebrock over Price

215 Froehlich over Adams

HWT Hammelman over Daughtry

At 112 watch out for Sam Goebel of MD. He looked really good at sectionals losing on a bad call to Wedding and then just destroying Mastison.  I could see him taking 3rd if not in the finals.

I didn't think that he lost to Wedding on a bad call.

But I do agree that he destroyed Mastison.

I don't see him taking any better than 4th.

103-hall,vanhook,hipp,vibbert

112-kuhn,welch,dunkel,wedding

119-moody,gressimer,quinton,hersch

125-sulawske,brown,henderson,hoehn

130-dowdy,wolf,md,mellif

135-reuger,konrath,stewart,hodge

140-chamberlian,whetstine,graper,mauer

145-sims,welch,voegel,prasek

152-welch,marshall,boyle,calveckia

160-brandstein,smith,schnieder,rushing

171-weiss,stein,boots,ewers

189-rosebrock,price,fentress,sandwith

215-forelich,adams,dauthery,vanwinkle

285-daughtery,hammelmen,north kid, wimp

my locks...

145 Welch

152 Welch

160 Weikel

189 Rosebrock

285 Daugherty

11-13 Castle wrestlers heading to Roberts

i argree with your locks however for castle to wrestle 11- 13 in semi-state they will have to have their light weights wrestle with a little more resolve that they have in them. If they do that im seeing 8-10 going.

103 hall

112 kuhn

119 moody

125 henderson

130 dowdy

135 reuger

140 whetstine

145 welch

152 welch

160 weikel

171 Stein or Weiss (i dont even know anymore)

189 Rosebrock

215 froleich

hwt daughtery

its almost as the heavier weights are more locked in than the lighter weights.... havent seen that in a while. But its time for first round upsets this week  ;D

Top 4 in order with a few comments:  

103:  Hall (HA) Vanhook (RE) Vibbert (MD) Turi (EC) - if Vanhook can score the late TD he wins - both are tough on their feet.

112:  Kuhn (RE) Wedding (ME) Welch (CA) Goebel (MD) - Goebel is improving - could move up to 3rd by catching the dissappointed loser of the Wedding / Welch match.

119:  Moody (RE) Lannert (MD) Griesmer (PR) Quinton (ME) - Don't know much about Greismer but the Moody / Lannert match-up is getting tight - familiarity.

125:  Henderson (MD) Brown (CA) Hoehn (MV) Sulawske (EN) - Backes  will give Brown a battle in the first round and I know he will leave everything on the mat with this being his Senior year - Backes moving on would not be a surprise.

130:  Dowdy (ER) Melliff (NP) Schroeder (MD) Wolf (HA) - Dowdy and Melliff recover from their disappointment last week.  Flynn could be a wildcard here after his late start.

135:  Rueger (ER) Konrath (MV) Hodge (EM) Keith (EC) - Keith over Stewart is my upset special in the first round - just have a feeling.

140:  Whetstine (EM) Chamberlin (EC) Meurer (MV) Raben (MD) - not sure if Meurer can beat Doud or not but I'm trying to get an "adult beverage" from mvwrestlingdad.

145:  Simms (MD) Welch (CA) Voegel (ER) Prasek (EM) - Simms looked better conditioned last week, however, I know the pressure Welch applies is more than he experienced at Central - I just have another feeling.

152:  Welch (CA) Marshall (MV) Pace (TE) Boyle (ER) - had to give Tecumseh some love, Boyle will have to step up to beat Rickenbaugh in round #1

160:  Brandenstein (MD), Smith (PR), Weikel (CA), Schneider (RE) - basically, a toss up with the top 3.  Schneider looked solid last week - just needs to come up with the big takedown.

171:  Weiss (HH) Stein (PR) Boots (MD) Warren (CA) - Boots will have a plan but I still like the top 2 in any order.

189:  Price (NP) Rosebrock (CA) Fentress (ER) Sanwidth (EM) - top 2 are the favorites no doubt.  However, Fentress and Sandwidth are capable.  Fentress will need to come out hot against Maldonado (HH) to advance.

215:  Froehlich (TC) Rubenaker (MV) Adams (EM) Vanwinkle (MD) - I know I left Daughtery out but he will have his hands full with Rubenacker, if Rubknr can stay healthy this week.  This is also my second attempt of an "adult bev" from mvwrestlingdad.  I'm out of town all week but will be at the club Friday night for the pay off!

285:  Wimpleberg (ER) Hammelman (MD) Daugherty (CA) Kuhlenhoelter (EN) - Wimpleberg wakes up from his funk and wrestles to his potential.  All 4 of these guys are capable.  Hammelman is wrestling well and peaking at the right time.   Daugherty is tough to score on but I'm having another one of those feelings - could be gas............

Good luck to MD & CA at the team regional - stay healthy!

Jon H,

Did you miss the SIAC meet.  The Evansville sectional is better, but you give no credit to Castle or their sectional.  You are picking with your heart and not your wrestling eyes.  Castle had 6 champions at SIAC.  You have Welch, Welch, Weikel, Rosebrock, Daughtery, and Daughtery all losing matches they won against their opponents.  You may get some of them, but you have your Reitz/West Side glasses on making that many upset picks.  20 0f 28 in the top 2.  Good thing the Castle sectional had a 3 #2 in state wrestlers and a #3.  Not to mention Rosebrock and Froelich top 8.  At least you gave Chad Welch a chance.

Jon H,

Did you miss the SIAC meet.  The Evansville sectional is better, but you give no credit to Castle or their sectional.  You are picking with your heart and not your wrestling eyes.  Castle had 6 champions at SIAC.  You have Welch, Welch, Weikel, Rosebrock, Daughtery, and Daughtery all losing matches they won against their opponents.  You may get some of them, but you have your Reitz/West Side glasses on making that many upset picks.  20 0f 28 in the top 2.  Good thing the Castle sectional had a 3 #2 in state wrestlers and a #3.  Not to mention Rosebrock and Froelich top 8.  At least you gave Chad Welch a chance.

Ill agree with you there, although some upsets do happen, i dont think all of the castle boys will let off of the throttle here

103- Hall, Vanhook, Vibbert, Turi

112- Kuhn, Wedding, Welch, Goebel

119- Moody, Griesemer, Lannert, Waninger

125- Henderson, Brown, Hoehn Sulawske

130- Dowdy, Flynn, Schroeder, Meliff

135- Rueger, Konrath, Keith, Hodge

140- Whetstine, Chamberlein, Meurer Graper

145- Welch, Sims, Jines, Voegel

152- Welch, Boyle, Colavecchia, Henrickson

160- Brandenstein, Smith, Weikel, Schneider

171- Stein, Weiss, Boots, Ewers

189- Price, Rosebrock, Sandwith, Fentress

215- Froehlich, Adams, Rubenacker, Van Winkle

285- Daugherty, Hammelmann, Wimpleberg, Meny

Catfish,

I remember the SIAC meet very well.  #1 REITZ, #2 MD, #3 Castle

Yes, I had my Westside "BeerGoggles" on when I made my picks.  However, I could see Castle with 3 champs and several runner-ups.  I was just trying to get Bluebolt and the boys fired up!  I see Chad Welch as the only LOCK of the tournament for any weightclass.  We will see soon enough.

Catfish,

I remember the SIAC meet very well.  #1 REITZ, #2 MD, #3 Castle

Yes, I had my Westside "BeerGoggles" on when I made my picks.  However, I could see Castle with 3 champs and several runner-ups.  I was just trying to get Bluebolt and the boys fired up!  I see Chad Welch as the only LOCK of the tournament for any weightclass.  We will see soon enough.

Are you sure you want the boys from Paradise fired up?    ;D

I see 112 as Welch second, Wedding 3rd.

160 is Weikel if he can open up and wrestle with the Princeton kid in there as a spoiler.  He is really a solid wrestler and this class is going to be an interesting to watch.

171 - If Weiss shows up like he did in the sectional finals it's his to lose.  Stein is the real deal without a doubt though.  3rd and 4th will be solid wrestlers but...

145 - You know my pick here.  Same as every weekend from SIAC to the State Finals  LOL  Welch over Sims. 

285 - Daughtery  - Good solid performances and wrestling smart matches all year.  Small for the class Yes, but a proven performer over the last few years.

There are some REALLY good wrestlers that will blow up some brackets Saturday.  These kids will come ready to wrestle and - as in every year - will leave us wondering where they were in December.

Man this is going to ROCK!

Are you sure you want the boys from Paradise fired up?    ;D

I see 112 as Welch second, Wedding 3rd.

160 is Weikel if he can open up and wrestle with the Princeton kid in there as a spoiler.   He is really a solid wrestler and this class is going to be an interesting to watch.

171 - If Weiss shows up like he did in the sectional finals it's his to lose.   Stein is the real deal without a doubt though.   3rd and 4th will be solid wrestlers but...

145 - You know my pick here.   Same as every weekend from SIAC to the State Finals   LOL   Welch over Sims.  

285 - Daughtery  - Good solid performances and wrestling smart matches all year.   Small for the class Yes, but a proven performer over the last few years.

There are some REALLY good wrestlers that will blow up some brackets Saturday.  These kids will come ready to wrestle and - as in every year - will leave us wondering where they were in December.

Man this is going to ROCK!

daughtery has always been undersized but he has grown with it and he is so strong you dont realize it at all. I wish i could make it home again for this but school and work is a pain.

Hopefully someone will be able to post some updates as the day goes on. I can see plenty of upsets happening

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.