southern Indiana

Jon H

We just got the info for the Madison tourney and they do not have Memorial Listed. The list I have is Madison, Scottsburg, Salem, Mooresville, Indian Creek and Bedford North...does anyone know if one of these backed out?

I thought Memorial was supposed to be at Bellmont tomorrow, but had to pull out because they aren't supposed to travel?

It would be a whole lot easier for Beav and the boys to ride 75 miles across southern Indiana as opposed to the 250 ride to the snow fields of northeastern Indiana  :)

Not sure if any of these teams are in those conferences but tomorrow Columbus East will have Center Grove, Greenwood, Triton Central, Seymour, and Southport (replacing Northview) for a multi-dual meet.

Wow - was it the Reitz Administration or the EVSC's decision?   Very frustrating ............ not that much snow and it fell yesterday!  I would think it would be safer for the kids to spend the day at a tournament, transported  in a bus driven by a trained professional, than to be out on their own all day with nothing to do except turn doughnuts in parking lots.  

Salem did not show to Madison.  Memorial was told they couldn't travel to belmont but they were allowed to travel to Madison from what I understand.

What a sham...........

I would say that ends Evansville Memorial's spot in the Bellmont Super Dual. I'm hoping Castle takes their spot next year.

To clarify my post:

I was obviously calling the administration's decision a sham, not the Evansville Memorial team or program. I was trying to point out that it seems somewhat ridiculous that Castle was able to bring their team and a pretty decent fan base while Memorial was told they weren't allowed to come. They would have taken the same roads that Castle and Perry Meridian did to get to Decatur. Obviously the coaches and wrestlers from Memorial wanted to come to Bellmont and I never meant to make it sound like they were somehow dodging any of those teams. They have been VERY competitive against Bellmont in past years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.