Quick Question

bratton130

I believe as long as 1 school in the tourney did not attend on Thursday and also does not attend on Friday each wrestler in the tourney will get the extra two pounds. I think 2 pounds for 2 consectutive days missed is the maximum allowance. (Ex. 3 consectutive days missed, wrestler still only gets 2 pounds)

I believe as long as 1 school in the tourney did not attend on Thursday and also does not attend on Friday each wrestler in the tourney will get the extra two pounds. I think 2 pounds for 2 consectutive days missed is the maximum allowance. (Ex. 3 consectutive days missed, wrestler still only gets 2 pounds)

The host school coach or AD is responsible for contacting the teams involved about any weight changes though it is written in the rules.

Good question, I know if they miss 1 day they get 1 pound so it would make sense 2 days off without practice , they should get 2 pounds.I think the snow is supposed to end by morning so hopefully the schools will be open.

Whether there is a one pound allowance, or not, is not dependent on whether a school is in session or not.  It is dependent on what the School's Policy is toward practice when school is not in session.  If the school deos not have a policy, or is allowed to practice when school has been called off then there would not be any weight allowance.

Da budget crisis has meant no salt/ i was slip sliden down Cline dis mornin. It is snowin pretty good here in EC.

Da Rat here too in DeMottie.  like ya say slip slinden down I65 and 231.  Keeping it real down here with a little breeze and some drifts. 

Please refer to page 20 of the CASE Book, Rule 4-5-5.

If they were unable to PRACTICE they would get 1 pound for each day they were unable to PRACTICE up to a 2 pound allowance. NOTE CANCELLATION OF SCHOOL IS NOT MENTIONED ONLY PRACTICE.

Tom Clark

IHSAA Rules Interpreter

So if someone weighs 123, and wrestles 119 with both 2 pound allowances, how long till he can be back down to 121, by the rules?

That is different for each wrestler. It depends on that wrestlers individual weight loss plan. How much did the wrestler weigh on the day they did the body fat test?

So if someone weighs 123, and wrestles 119 with both 2 pound allowances, how long till he can be back down to 121, by the rules?

I dont think they would say much about the 1.5% rule because of weather and the pounds giving.  Last year the Jennings County Sectional had 4 pounds for Sectionals, and because of weather  and the South Dearborn sectional Last year Columbus North, East Central, New Castle and Roncalli all were giving 4 pounds for Team Reg.  ( Wrestled on Thursday Night)  All wrestlers that wrestled thursdayand then again on saturday would of broke the 1.5% rule.

I dont think they would say much about the 1.5% rule because of weather and the pounds giving.  Last year the Jennings County Sectional had 4 pounds for Sectionals, and because of weather  and the South Dearborn sectional Last year Columbus North, East Central, New Castle and Roncalli all were giving 4 pounds for Team Reg.  ( Wrestled on Thursday Night)  All wrestlers that wrestled thursdayand then again on saturday would of broke the 1.5% rule.

That's an IHSAA by-law issue, so  to be safe you might want to call the IHSAA office and/or Asst Commissioner Bobby Cox for a clarification. Better safe than sorry  :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.