Al Smith Brackets and Results

Y2CJ41

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Boiler.  I was wondering though the placement in the brackets.  I believe it goes this way:

1- Top Wrestler Match 1

8- Bottom Wrestler Match 4

5- Top Wrestler Match 5

4 - Bottom Wrestler Match 8

3 - Top Wrestler Match 9

6 - Bottom Wrestler Match 12

7 - Top Wrestler Match 13

2 - Bottom Wrestler Match 16

Can anyone confirm this for me?

it looks to me like all the weights are seeded fairly accurately with the exception of 135.. I think Guerra is the clear cut 1 seed and he is seeded 3rd, and I think Rattay is the 2nd best kid and he is seeded 6th.  looks like all those in attendance on the first day will get to see the 135 final in the quarters..

it looks to me like all the weights are seeded fairly accurately with the exception of 135.. I think Guerra is the clear cut 1 seed and he is seeded 3rd, and I think Rattay is the 2nd best kid and he is seeded 6th.  looks like all those in attendance on the first day will get to see the 135 final in the quarters..

i agree completely rankingsguy. guerra is the only ranked wrestler at 135 and is a 2x SSQ. it has to be previous al smith results then? but im still upset with the draw at 35

Jeremy Hill is undefeated, is also a 2XSSQ, is a 3 time placer at the Al Smith, placed 7th as a fresh., 5th as a soph. and 3rd last year at 135.  Rattay did not place last year at the Al Smith at 135.  I believe the only wrestler Hill, Wartman and Guerra have all wrestled  this year is  Sokol.  Guerra beat him by 1, Wartman beat him by 2, and Hill beat him by 3.  Also last year Hill beat Manbu 10-2 at the Al Smith.  I think anyone of the top 4 could have been seeded 1.  But to say that the finals will be day 1 is wrong.  I'm sure all 32 kids at 135 have work hard and will give it there best shot to come out on top.  I wish all 32 kids at 135 the best of luck and do your best.  And no matter what someone thinks, the finals will not be on day 1.  I look at the schedule and it does say the finals will be day 2, no matter who is in it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.