Goodbye Anderson Highland

Y2CJ41

living in anderson for awhile, and working in their school system, all i have to say is that.... THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!! They were talking about this last year, and many of the teachers told me that when this move happened that many teachers were going to be laid off. However, that being said, the school system had little choice, apparently the school was going to lose a bunch of tax money next year after the census. This was due to the fact that the city of Anderson is a dying city due to the lack of job market, as well as a lack of economic identity.

Anderson's I assume as there were only like 4 or 5 schools in the Olympic conference.

There were 4: Anderson Highland,  Connersville, Jay County and Muncie Southside

This year Anderson has a full team plus some jv guys. Combining these two could make a good program. I would think they would have to go into Anderson's conference. I think they will rename whatever school they choose to go with. These budget issues at all of these schools is scary. Read in the paper that Franklin township is dropping the least attended sports, currently gymnastics and boys and girls golf. Could wrestling programs all across the state be next?

As a graduate of Andersonb High school. and former resident of the town, it saddens me to see the city losing another High school. Several years ago, they lost Madison Heights, and now Anderson Highland. I would hope that 1st they decide to rename the new high school to help bring the city back together, and do away with both the Scots, and the Indians. 2nd, I would hope that they continue thier affiliation with the North Central Conference, By bringing these two schools together, they would help strengthen all sports teams, as well as music, and other extra curricular activities.

I cant help but feel saddened for all the students that are currently enrolled in HHS as freshmen through Juniors that will not be able to graduate from the school they have grown up thinking would be the school named on thier diploma.

Good Luck to all Scot wrestlers may your last year be your best.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.