Harrison 10-way

spiralride1

So obviously Reitz will win this hands down. My question is what good match ups could we see?

I know VanHook vs Hall @ 103, Mastison vs Wedding @ 112, maybe Whetstine vs Ervin @ 140 (Idk if thats where Ervin even is), Wedding & Mastison both will run into Kuhn (Poor froshies), what others?

***Come on Southern Indiana wrestling fans. The board is gettin over-run with talk about wrestling EVERYWHERE but down here!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Trinity still coming? Will they bring their complete team? They will definitely bring some good matchups with them. Bradbury and Fahy to name a few from memory.  A believe there still is a Hitchings there also. Always a two day meat grinder of duals.

One of the tougher tournaments in southern Indiana and the state.

So obviously Reitz will win this hands down. My question is what good match ups could we see?

I know VanHook vs Hall @ 103, Mastison vs Wedding @ 112, maybe Whetstine vs Ervin @ 140 (Idk if thats where Ervin even is), Wedding & Mastison both will run into Kuhn (Poor froshies), what others?

***Come on Southern Indiana wrestling fans. The board is gettin over-run with talk about wrestling EVERYWHERE but down here!!!

What a great to introduce those freshmen into high school wrestling!!!

One of the tougher tournaments in southern Indiana and the state.

What a great to introduce those freshmen into high school wrestling!!!

What teams are in this Tourney? 

How can you say that this is one of the tougher tournaments when someones else is claiming Reitz will win it hands down?

How can you say that this is one of the tougher tournaments when someones else is claiming Reitz will win it hands down?

Very simple, any tournament with Reitz is a tough tournament, and there will be plenty of individual match-ups that will be tough.  Why be a combative ass?  Just accept that it will be a tough tournament.

Let's see Reitz, Memorial, Trinity, Power house Union County, Southridge hmm. That sounds like a tough tournament to me. And not only the teams look at the individuals that wrestle in that tournament. Hall, Kuhn, Moody, Rueger, Ervin, Bradbury, Fahy, Hitchings, Wedding. Union County always has a bunch of state place winners too.

This will be a tough tournament.

From what I have seen this year

Heritage hills, and Harrison are better this year!

Memorial is always tough.

Reitz is tough.

You have trinity and Union county!

Southridge is usually tough.

When you get ten team there will be some studs there.

This will be a tough tournament.

From what I have seen this year

Heritage hills, and Harrison are better this year!

Memorial is always tough.

Reitz is tough.

You have trinity and Union county!

Southridge is usually tough.

When you get ten team there will be some studs there.

I agree. Harrison has looked a little bit better.

I predict :

Reitz 9-0

Trinity 8-1

Memorial 7-2

Union COunty 6-3

Southridge 5-4

Heritage Hills 4-5

Tell City 3-6

South Spencer 2-7

Harrison 1-8

Forest Park 0-9

My sleeper is Harrison. I think they will be in the middle of the pack when the dust settles. I think they will beat SS, FP, TC, and possibly SR & UC. So they are looking at a .500 record on the weekend. Not bad for that young and improving squad.

PS- I've heard UC is way down this year.

On the topic of "tough"...

To those who don't know this tourney, it is tough. It is tough to have 9 dual meets with 2 weigh ins in 22 hours (as the shirts so accurately state). It is a test of a young man's will to even show up Day 2 of this weekend. It is tough for teams to win or lose a close dual meet, to then turn around and have to do it all over again the next round. Even though Reitz should cruise, it is still a tough tourney and places 2-10 are not set in stone.

Is Hitchings still in High School?  WOW - it would be worth the price of admission just to watch Hitchings vs. Weiss at 171 - agressive wrestling styles.

Jon H.

The younger Hitchings is for sure. I was thinking the big one is a senior now. ???????????? UC may be down but they still have an Ervin around 140. They also had at least a couple of  other studs. There will be some great matchups. This is one of my favorite tourneys to watch. We always just wish they had a team scoreboard so we wouldn't have to all the math on the close duals. LOL

I normally just read the board and do not make any posts because I always ask myself what is the intelligence level of the person making the post.  Someone questioning the toughness of this tournament though is just ridiculous.  Just because the tournament is not taking place north of Indianapolis doesn't mean that it isn't tough.  Wrestlers have to watch what they eat all day at school on Friday, and some may even have to cut weight during school which sucks.  Wrestle four rounds on Friday night which usually lasts until around 11, lucky to be home, showered and in bed by midnight.  Be back Saturday morning for an 8 am weigh-in and then wrestle 5 rounds on Saturday without a round out all weekend.  Does that sound fun, hell yeah, but easy, hell no!

I haven't researched the teams YET - but here are a few of the match-ups that get my attention.  Hopefully, Trinity will bring their full team.

103:  Hall (H) vs. Vanhook ®

112:  Fahy (TR) vs. Kuhn ® - looking forward to seeing Wedding (M) and Mastison (H) also

119:  Bradbury (TR) vs. Moody ®

130:  Wolf (H) vs. Dowdy ®

135:  Ervin (UC)  vs. Rueger ®

140:  Thomas (UC) vs. Whetstine (M)

152:  Coloveccia (M) vs. Boyle ®

171:  Hitchings (TR) vs. Weiss (HH)

189:  Sandwidth (M) vs. Fentress ®

I normally just read the board and do not make any posts because I always ask myself what is the intelligence level of the person making the post.  Someone questioning the toughness of this tournament though is just ridiculous.  Just because the tournament is not taking place north of Indianapolis doesn't mean that it isn't tough.  Wrestlers have to watch what they eat all day at school on Friday, and some may even have to cut weight during school which sucks.  Wrestle four rounds on Friday night which usually lasts until around 11, lucky to be home, showered and in bed by midnight.  Be back Saturday morning for an 8 am weigh-in and then wrestle 5 rounds on Saturday without a round out all weekend.  Does that sound fun, hell yeah, but easy, hell no!

1st Who said anything about north or south? I was wondering what teams were going to be in the tourney? Plain and simple! When I see that someone posted that Reitz (a very solid team)  was going to win hands down.  I took for granted there was some mediocre teams wrestling in this tourney. 2nd I couldn't agree with you more, after seeing the teams and possible match ups it will be a good  one to see! All the points you made above just describes what a tough sport this is.  Nothing to do whether a tourney is tough or not. Next time just answer the question and stop trying to read in between the lines.  I Love this sport I think the whole state is headed in the right direction (NORTH and SOUTH).  There was no harm intended don't create something that wasn't there.

Your second sentance, whether you intended to or not, is confrontational in nature.  You were questioning the previous posters claims.  Written or spoken, but especially written, that is a confrontational way to question someones's judgement.

Agree mtv2112, I read it the same. As I said earlier. comparing to the ole meat grinder phrase indeed. This agruably (everything is agruable) is one of the toughest duals for two days. There are many others that may have more talent on some years, but they normally are only on one day. Enough said, this will be again a meat grinder. Sorry to use that expression bluebolt before SIAC time. ha ha

union county will be without their 103 pound 8th-grader brock ervin.  he is super-bad, but ihsaa rules prohibit middle school kids from competing at the high school levels.  he is able to compete with the high school team in kentucky. 

IHSAA rules do not prohibit middle school kids from a Kentucky school from wrestling against a Indiana High School wrestler. This is copied and pasted from the IHSAA by-laws:

Q. 9-3 May an IHSAA member school participate against a non-member school whose team

contains students below grade 9?

A. Yes, so long as the non-member school is not eligible for IHSAA membership or has been

expelled or suspended from membership in the IHSAA. (Rule 9-15) And if the school is from

out of state, the school must be a member in good standing in its state high school athletic

associations and the round-trip mileage shall not exceed 600 miles from the Indiana state line.

(Rules 9-15, 10-1, 10-1.1)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.