Unusual tricks to manage your weight

awood2

We have discussed the most missed foods.  What are your odd tricks to help you get through cutting weight? 

When I was really thirsty the night before, but right on weight, I would drink a cap full of milk followed immediately by dill pickle juice.  It would kill my thirst and I could sleep for awhile.

Back in the day....blah blah blah....when I had horrible cotton mouth from dehydration, I would put a very small pebble in my mouth.  That would help to stimulate salivation...it was a little crunchy though when I got hungry!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't say I managed my weight well, but with cottonmouth, I would just get some water in my mouth, and spit it out, the problem was it would come back... so I would try to make weight, and then id have about a pound of w/e I could take in, cause personally I usually lost 1 and a half pounds sleeping,  so id lose the weight and have a little bit of room to drink/eat... that being said, despite the weight I lost I still seemed to be small for my weight, which was annoying considering I was losing about 15 pounds to make weight

I know we are all talking about our own experiences, but since there are a lot of kids out there it think it noteworthy to mention that while we all did it, having cotton mouth or being dehydrated the night before is not only very bad on your body, it also prevents you from performing at your optimum.

You should have a sound diet (very little body fat), and be fairly close to your weight. You should not drink sugar, and you should not be dehydrated. (if you are going to cut water weight, it should be within an hour or so of your weigh-in)

This is fine conversation, and fairly amusing, but i just want to make sure we are not encouraging it, nor promoting it as good practice.

I know we are all talking about our own experiences, but since there are a lot of kids out there it think it noteworthy to mention that while we all did it, having cotton mouth or being dehydrated the night before is not only very bad on your body, it also prevents you from performing at your optimum.

You should have a sound diet (very little body fat), and be fairly close to your weight. You should not drink sugar, and you should not be dehydrated. (if you are going to cut water weight, it should be within an hour or so of your weigh-in)

This is fine conversation, and fairly amusing, but i just want to make sure we are not encouraging it, nor promoting it as good practice.

Very well said, too many people feel they have an "edge" when they cut a great deal of weight, but the reality is they don't. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.