SIAC thoughts

mtv2112

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiralride1......  keep talkin son.  I still got money on north coming back strong and wining the siac.  I think they  could probably even make it to team state once they get everybody healthy and down to weight.

Threats.......wow...People evidently drink and then post on this message board. Maybe I need to do more of that when I read some of these hilarious topics and posts. Come on man....I know we all want the best for our programs, but be real. Team State!!!!!!! You got beat very badly by Harrison and Mt. Vernon from what I read. Best of Luck to all the wrestlers and teams from our area.

The team that wins the SIAC will be the team with the most wrestle back wins this is where everything pans out most of the time.  I cant wait to get to that weekend.  It sucks though cause that means the season is almost over for some that is. But as much as hate to say it I am goin to say Reitz MD Castle Memorial Harrison North Central Bosse

So let me get this straight...

We are supposed to believe MD has all this internal strife and all this drama that is going to somehow cause them to fold up and be the 3rd team in the SIAC? 

Now why do I feel the need to call "B.S." on all this rumor mill stuff?

I think the Department of Misinformation is working over time personally.

That having been said, EVERY TEAM has to  show up and wrestle their butts off to win.  It's just the way it is...

After seeing Castle this weekend and seeing Reitz and M.D. scores, I think those 3 gotta be pretty close!!! Next weekend in Jasper will show us alot more. Anyone have any thoughts after seeing Reitz or M.D.???

Looks like all 3 are just going to have to wrestle and find out huh!  ;D

Early Edge to Reitz.  Caste looks good, but this weekend will tell as they step into a different level of competition.  No offense intended of course.

Mater Dei is that same as always, they are Mater Dei.  Like it or not, they will give you everything they have and win the matches they need to beat you.  It's up to the others to make sure that doesn't happen. 

Each of these teams has to produce their best matches each time they step on the mat.  Anything less will end up with a loss.

North did lose to Mt. Vernon and Harrison,( excuse time) but they were without Steele and 2 others that did not make weight. So after sitting the boys out that did not make weight and bumping some around along with filling in with jv North did lose. But with the line up right, at Castle. North turned it up against all in their pool. And tried hard against Castle with a couple of more injuries, but Castle is THAT DAMN GOOD. North 55 Harrison 18. we will just wait and see how the SIAC plays out. BUT CASTLE IS 4 REAL no doubt about it.

Its a little interesting how Castle is starting to sound like MD. Looking through the rosters you see multiple repeats of names, even some twins on the roster. Next thing you know we will be drinking mountain dew and become a private school. Maybe even wear some leggings. They are already implementing it at the new middle school. Their colors are red and gold so hopefully they can confuse some westsiders into moving to new burgh and enrolling there

Its a little interesting how Castle is starting to sound like MD. Looking through the rosters you see multiple repeats of names, even some twins on the roster. Next thing you know we will be drinking mountain dew and become a private school. Maybe even wear some leggings. They are already implementing it at the new middle school. Their colors are red and gold so hopefully they can confuse some westsiders into moving to new burgh and enrolling there

I think you may have meant Ski instead of Mountain Dew.  But everyone knows that Castle folks like wine with their cheese and a little after dinner cordial with their cake.

I think you may have meant Ski instead of Mountain Dew.  But everyone knows that Castle folks like wine with their cheese and a little after dinner cordial with their cake.

That's right...hate us because we "have"...  LOL

You all kill me with this stuff...All these years listening to what you have to say about those who happen to live on the correct side of town.  When it's all said and done, it takes place on the mats.  Your mats, Castles Mats, it doesn't matter.  It's all about the hard work and discipline. 

Imagine the extra work it must take to work off all that cake!?!?!?!  Maybe that's why the Knights seem to consistantly out last their opponents?

Just a thought...

That's right...hate us because we "have"...  LOL

You all kill me with this stuff...All these years listening to what you have to say about those who happen to live on the correct side of town.   When it's all said and done, it takes place on the mats.  Your mats, Castles Mats, it doesn't matter.   It's all about the hard work and discipline.   

Imagine the extra work it must take to work off all that cake!?!?!?!  Maybe that's why the Knights seem to consistantly out last their opponents?

Just a thought...

Love the cake comment.  Hysterical.

The greatest part of the SIAC is the fact it is the beginning of the State Tourney Season.  It's a GREAT preview of the Regionals in so many ways.

Toss in the schools from outside the SIAC into the Regionals and MAN that is one wicked wrestling stew!  But it begins simmering during the SIAC  Conference Meet for me.

very true.... the clashes at SIAC are just as intense as many state matches but the school rivalries make it even better.. I try to make a trip home to be able to see them but it doesnt always work out

The team that wins the SIAC will be the team with the most wrestle back wins this is where everything pans out most of the time.  I cant wait to get to that weekend.  It sucks though cause that means the season is almost over for some that is. But as much as hate to say it I am goin to say Reitz MD Castle Memorial Harrison North Central Bosse

I'd go with MD, Reitz, Castle, Memorial, North, Central, Harrison, Bosse.

Top 3 are always a toss up. Memorial and North will be close with Central not far behind. Harrison and Bosse stay where they always are.

I think memorial will be a distant fourth with all the other teams even farther behind them.  After seeing the result of the Memorial-Mt. VErnon dual, i don't think it will be close between them and north at all.

Change of thought so early in the year?  Or was the earlier post of North being Team State qualifiers just to get a rise out of everyone?

I'd go with MD, Reitz, Castle, Memorial, North, Central, Harrison, Bosse.

Top 3 are always a toss up. Memorial and North will be close with Central not far behind. Harrison and Bosse stay where they always are.

Reitz over Castle? Bold prediction, who do they have that should get big wins?

Reitz over Castle? Bold prediction, who do they have that should get big wins?

This will all be determinded based on who brings the best tourney team.  At this point no one has wrestled an "individual" style tourney...so it remains to be seen.

Since MD pulled it out last year, they should be given the edge this early on.  I hate to say it but there is a LONG way to go between now and then and A LOT of things can happen.

This will all be determinded based on who brings the best tourney team.  At this point no one has wrestled an "individual" style tourney...so it remains to be seen.

Since MD pulled it out last year, they should be given the edge this early on.  I hate to say it but there is a LONG way to go between now and then and A LOT of things can happen.

I agree completely, but I'm not at all familiar with Reitz's team and was curious who their studs were.

MD definitely gets the edge due to returning champ.  Way to early to tell though.  There are so many good wrestlers in the SIAC and Sectional it is always hard to tell.  If I had to pick though I would say....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.