Rumor has it II

sasquatch

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't make a lot of sense to me.   He had one of the best partners in the state in Zach Corpe.

Would not surprise me to see Corpe there as well . Nothing surprises me anymore.

I agree.  Why is anyone really surprised by anything anymore?

Sweet. Who cares. Let's all move to Crown Point and Mishawaka. After all it gives all of our kids the best chance to be successful and if i don't move there then i guess i'm being a bad parent.

This should save some time too, as we can just have one dual meet to decide all the state champs, and we don't have to argue about classes anymore!

Recruiting is the bad part of any HS sport especially when a School has "Win at any cost" as a part of their culture. As a parent of a wrestler, I would be pretty upset if a kid was recruited into my sons school and ended up taking his spot. Hopefully someday this sort of thing will truly be monitored and controlled.

Recruiting is the bad part of any HS sport especially when a School has "Win at any cost" as a part of their culture. As a parent of a wrestler, I would be pretty upset if a kid was recruited into my sons school and ended up taking his spot. Hopefully someday this sort of thing will truly be monitored and controlled.

Unfortunately I think it will be less likely to be monitored/controlled with current open enrollment state policies.

OldMan, I have been saying this for years on these boards. I'm glad there are about 3 of us now on this side. About 98% of posters have absolutely no problem with moving for wrestling, and one post even said it was "stupid not to give your kid the best chance." I kid you not!

Anyhow, welcome to the good guys' team.

Kids, well are kids. I have the problem with the parents and coaches who promote and allow this.

95% or better of the time it's the parents who are the problem.....they're always the ones I hear threatening/promising to take their little darlings somewhere else......lack of class spawns lack of class....most kids in these situations get it naturally.....

Loyalty,respect and pride sure seem to be in short supply in this day and age...

For all those who do what's right...Thank-you.....and best of luck to all....

Just my two cents worth....

Im on your guys side i think it it dumb that kids transferr when they can do just as good at the school they came out of

How do you know that they can do just as good?  Sometimes with a gifted wrestler transfering may be his only shot at going to college.  He may not have good coaching, no or poor partners.  So why not go somewhere else?  Would you rather him just be average and graduate from high school and go work in a factory, or go to college get a degree and have a carrer?

well the kid we are talking about has one of the best partners in the state and he got 2nd last year and placed at fargo this year so i dont think he will have any problems geting to college.

Thats all im saying cause im not getting into an argument

you would hope that  "pride and honor" would come into play at some point.

;)Agreed, It is really too young for atheletes to be doing this. They really need to crack down on it . There

are plenty of camps and things wrestlers can do in the off season to improve. If they can't figure that out, that is there

own problem. Suck it up!!

you would hope that  "pride and honor" would come into play at some point.

;)Agreed, It is really too young for atheletes to be doing this. They really need to crack down on it . There

are plenty of camps and things wrestlers can do in the off season to improve. If they can't figure that out, that is there

own problem. Suck it up!!

What if your son or daughter was in elementary school and was having trouble understanding/learning from their teacher.  You tried talking to her and she told you that your son or daughter just wasn't catching on to her way of teaching.  But you know another teacher at another school in town would be a good fit for your child. Do you ask for a transfer or just tell your child to suck it up?

Im on your guys side i think it it dumb that kids transferr when they can do just as good at the school they came out of

How do you know that they can do just as good?  Sometimes with a gifted wrestler transfering may be his only shot at going to college.  He may not have good coaching, no or poor partners.  So why not go somewhere else?  Would you rather him just be average and graduate from high school and go work in a factory, or go to college get a degree and have a carrer?

I guess if anyone could give me one example where there was a extreme difference in the result of the Wrestlers life (for the positive) I would promise to not discuss this subject ever again.

Why is it assumed the coaches are recruiting?  Why don't you think that teenage kids want to go to a better team for their own reasons?  I don't blame coaches for this.  I think it's mostly kids and/or parents.

More time than not parents and kids wanting to go to another team is the reality of the transfer situation.  I'm sure almost all the coaches of top programs don't have to do much of anything to get good kids without quality practice partners wanting to be in their room.

Now, i know this is different from wrestling... but lets be honest here, being from Northern Indiana, if there were a child in the South Bend, Mishawaka, or Elkhart school system and they were a great football player and had a chance to get a scholarship to play football in college, they would be a fool to not go to Penn with the current enrollment system. Anyone who says different is either a fool or a liar, because the kids best shot at a good future is to play football at Penn. Now like i said, it is a little different with wrestling, because wrestlers have a better chance at being noticed without being on a great team, but that being said, if a wrestler truly thought that their chance at getting a scholarship was better by transferring to a different school then so be it.

It may seem unfair, and in actuallity it is unfair, but with the current system we have there is nothing to stop it from happening... I just fear the day where Penn's football coaches are at middle school games scouting for football talent in other systems while Mishawaka's wrestling coaches are doing the same for wrestling.... whats next? are the coaches going to be making in home visits making recruitment pitches to 12 and 13 year olds and their families?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.