Chris head

Chris head had a great tournament yesterday while being sick. Looks like he is back once again big hopes for Fargo this year. Lots of good wrestling at state this year congratulations to all the placers

Chris head had a great tournament yesterday while being sick. Looks like he is back once again big hopes for Fargo this year. Lots of good wrestling at state this year congratulations to all the placers

He's apparently a little like Michael Jordan back in the day.  I always had to laugh when Jordan would drop 50 on a team and his hype meisters would say that he was nearly incapacitated with stomach flu earlier in the day.  If that kid was sick you could have fooled me.  How do you catch that illness he had?  I think most wrestlers would like to catch the same bug!

Well, he did puke after every match. I stood there and made fun of him as he did so. I think it had more to do with him being out of shape! lol

At any rate, he did plan on going 130, but couldn't keep anything down and ended up making 125.

Chris had some issues and missed a lot of school during what should have been his senior year last year.  He came back and did a great job finishing high school this year.

He is a true warrior on the mat and one of my very most favorite wrestlers to watch.  He is so explosive and is a relentless attacker.  And he might just have the coolest pre-match jig out there! I'm not sure what his plans are for school after high school, but last time I talked with his family about it, it sounded like he wants to get more education and continue wrestling.  I sure hope so, he is a great kid, and a fantastic diamond in the rough for some lucky college.

I thought this kid was supposed to graduate in like '08 making him a freshman in college...how is he wrestling junior division?

He's repeating his senior year so he can graduate and get a diploma. He is basically doing a 5th year. We have those here at Culver Academies as well. They just can't participate in the IHSAA sports.

I thought this kid was supposed to graduate in like '08 making him a freshman in college...how is he wrestling junior division?

I thought there was a age limit on the JR division too?

Per the ISWA/USA Wrestling informatioon

Junior (Men)  Born 9/1/1989 & after, plus enrolled in grades 9-12

So someone who was 19 years old could still participate as a Junior as long as they are still enrolled in high school.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.