metcalfs reaction to losing

g-townBandit

the official was blowing the whistle in metcalfs ear and he still ran and shoved Caldwell.

Time was clearly over when he tries to backflip.  Crazy way to end a great moment in wrestling and a pretty good match.

i really dont think that metcalf meant to make him fly down on the mat like that. we was tryin to get some sort of score then the timer went off when he was in the air and metcalf put his arms up to avoid getting kicked in the face. both wrestlers should have finished the match properly. starting back flips when there is 3 seconds left is still kind of unsportmanlike to me

i really dont think that metcalf meant to make him fly down on the mat like that. we was tryin to get some sort of score then the timer went off when he was in the air and metcalf put his arms up to avoid getting kicked in the face. both wrestlers should have finished the match properly. starting back flips when there is 3 seconds left is still kind of unsportmanlike to me

watch the video it was a shove for sure ;D ;D ;D

watch the video it was a shove for sure ;D ;D ;D

Without a doubt it was out of frustration.  He got absolutely dominated and he was embarassed.  My guess is that terry and tom brands don't let anyone interview him next year during the tourney.

Caldwell was an A-hole for running around before the match was finished, I would of like to seen Metcalf drop kick him personally.

Metcalf is a splitting image of Tom/Terry Brands (Crazy) Metcalf even said the same things the Brands would of said to the media in the post interviews.

Just goes to show you anything can happen in wrestling. Sure glad I didn't bet my house on this match, because I would be homeless today.

HAHA I just finished reading some of those and they are hilarious!

Caldwell definately came to wrestle and deserved it!!!

Metcalf didn't even looked like he cared that much until he shoved Caldwell after the end of the match.

Caldwell was an A-hole for running around before the match was finished

People run around the last 1-2 seconds of matches all the time when the victory is in hand.

Metcalf just lost his cool.  Too bad he did not have that intensity during the match because he may have actually given Caldwell a good match.

Caldwell was an A-hole for running around before the match was finished

People run around the last 1-2 seconds of matches all the time when the victory is in hand.

Metcalf just lost his cool.  Too bad he did not have that intensity during the match because he may have actually given Caldwell a good match.

Just because they do it, doesn't make it right.  He should have showed some class and acted like he had been there before.  Isn't that what you coach your kids to do?

AJ...I need to say I think your dead wrong on this one. I rarely see wrestlers run around doing cartwheels and back flips before time runs out. Especially on the NCAA main stage. What a bunch of B.S. I admit that Metcalf got his butt handed to him and the "injury" time out surely helped Caldwell's cause, still, the guy showed little class for a champion.

Metcalf did the right thing, you wrestle till the buzzer.  If a guy tries to humiliate you as a wrestler with time on the clock you should fight like a dog to earn some respect.  To me it was desperation and not unsportsman.  It was the same as going for a throw with 2 seconds left, only you can't throw someone when there cowerdly running away.  If you turn your back on someone during the match it should have been a point.  He was celebrating during metcalfs time and not his own so he got what he deserved.  He got a W and a lil bit of humility shoved back at him.

Caldwell is not in the wrong here he celebrated a hard fought victory, I can remember a certain EMD wrestler doing the same thing in his match at team state in 07 when the deal had been sealed yet this issue did not come up. Im not saying that its morally right but they did nothing wrong.

BTW not basing EMD, I dont think Goeble was too happy about it either

point being when you win you can celebrate

as long as you don't directly get in the kids face

bring on the booos

Wahoo @ you Fabio jr.

Caldwell did nothing wrong.  Come on, he won a D1 National Title for crying out loud... On top of that he beat a near unbeatable wrestler, bad at that!  I'd have celebrated too.  As for his running around the mat with time on the clock, no stalling calls I'm running my way to victory.

You two are knuckleheads.  These two are world class atheletes.  There should be a touch of mutual respect that would say wrestle the match then celebrate.  That being said, kudos to showing some emotion.  Just wait three seconds or expect to be thrown out of bounds.  He looked like a coward running away.  Terrific match but rediculous ending.  Looked like a five your old playing tag out there.  Bad for the sport.

I agree with you Fabio, not good for the sport. I would think if both wrestler could take back the last 5 second of the match they would????

I remember a few years ago watching 4X Ill. State Champ Albert White losing a match at the Conan.  At the end of the match with time still on the clock Knowing he lost, he was clapping for the winner.  He got a lot of praise and respect showing his true sportsmanship.